Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

Best track on "Elvis" LP (1956)

Poll ended at Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:42 pm

Rip it up
2
8%
Love me
5
19%
When my blue moon turns to gold again
2
8%
Long tall sally
1
4%
Paralyzed
6
23%
So glad you´re mine
5
19%
Ready Teddy
1
4%
Anyplace is paradise
1
4%
How´s the world treating you
2
8%
How do you think I feel
1
4%
 
Total votes : 26

Best track on "Elvis" LP (1956)

Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:42 pm

Well, here we go again. This time with his second album. And again I have to leave two tracks off because of known reasons (First in line & Old shep)... .

However, again a classic album and hard to choose the favourite, but this time it won´t be a hit or concert classic. My vote has to go to the foot-tapping "Paralyzed". I feel really when this song comes out of the speakers. This album feels a bit "slicker" than the previous one, but is of course very, very good.

So come on and vote!

Regards//Björn

Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:43 pm

'So Glad You're Mine'. All the songs from Jan/Feb New York session are exceptional.

8) 8) Double cool.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:01 pm

I protest against the exclusion of First In Line. :?

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:51 pm

Kuenzer wrote:
I protest against the exclusion of First In Line. :?

Me too :(

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:29 am

Kuenzer wrote:I protest against the exclusion of First In Line. :?


I´m really sorry! But which one should have gone instead?? Beware of trying to put two tracks away from "Is back" or "From Elvis in Memphis" :cry:

//Björn

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:57 pm

dreambear wrote:But which one should have gone instead??

How Do You Think I Feel is weaker according to my personal taste - it's more in the class of the Love Me Tender soundtrack fillers like Poor Boy.

Why not joining two (assumed) weaker tracks instead? I.e. reserving a slot "Old Shep or First In Line" etc.? Just trying to prevent you from being lynched by the mob when it comes to From Elvis In Memphis and you're dropping Long Black Limousine.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:47 pm

Kuenzer wrote:
dreambear wrote:But which one should have gone instead??

How Do You Think I Feel is weaker according to my personal taste - it's more in the class of the Love Me Tender soundtrack fillers like Poor Boy.

Why not joining two (assumed) weaker tracks instead? I.e. reserving a slot "Old Shep or First In Line" etc.? Just trying to prevent you from being lynched by the mob when it comes to From Elvis In Memphis and you're dropping Long Black Limousine.


LONG BLACK LIMOUSINE!! My personal favourite from that album! :shock:

Let´s remember tha this is just a bit of fun. No reasons to start fights.

//Björn

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:35 pm

dreambear wrote:LONG BLACK LIMOUSINE!! My personal favourite from that album! :shock:

That's approximately what I thought of the omission of First In Line.
dreambear wrote:Let´s remember tha this is just a bit of fun.

It is. But you know how serious board members can get sometimes ( :smt067 :smt093 :smt021).

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:44 pm

Well. Perhaps we can have a separate voting for the excluded tracks later.

Anyway, I don´t mind if someones getting mad or this reason.

"Anyplace is paradise" is a bit of surprise to me. An underground classic maybe.

/Björn

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:31 am

"Love Me". Have always preferred this album over "Elvis Presley".

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:21 pm

I voted for "Paralyzed," but what a great LP! My favorites are "Love Me," "When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold" and "Rip It Up," all of which were on one of the three EPAs released from this LP. To me it is the GREAT Elvis' LP of the '50s.

Mystery Train

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:39 pm

Ok "Paralyzed" got my vote, a funny happy uptempo lovesong :D

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:52 pm

elvisa wrote:Ok "Paralyzed" got my vote, a funny happy uptempo lovesong :D


We didn´t on "Loving you", but here we agree at least. :)

//Björn

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:24 pm

"So Glad You’re Mine", mostly because of that great piano solo.

Per

Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:32 pm

I love Paralysed, the sound of that song is just wild

Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:42 am

Paralyzed got my vote.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 pm

A hard fight between three of the tracks, but "Paralyzed" went with the first prize. A really nice choice!!! :D

//björn