Off Topic Messages

Lisa Maries Hidden song

Fri May 16, 2003 10:26 pm

What is the name of that song on track 11 that is the extra uncredited song on her CD? Also what are the names of the songs on the Japan release? Supposedly it it has some extra songs we didn't get in the good Ol USA...
JEFF d
EPFAN

Fri May 16, 2003 11:37 pm

Jeff D -

The 'hidden' song is 'Excuse Me'.

Colin B

Fri May 16, 2003 11:53 pm

I thought that the song was Jeff D, the man that I need.

Fri May 16, 2003 11:56 pm

THanks Colin, That makes since its supposed to me about Michael Jackson, Ex Use Me.
JEFF d
EPFAN

Sat May 17, 2003 12:52 am

So does the Japanese version have more to offer?

Sat May 17, 2003 12:57 am

I figured it out. NO the Japanese version does not have more to offer. It is just formatted differently. I hate hidden tracks. There is no point!!

Sat May 17, 2003 2:59 am

I hate hidden tracks to. Who thinks it's clever? You can't access them quickly.
I was listening to a CD I have owned for ages the other week, and I was out of the room when it finished. When I came back I though what the F... is that playing. It was a hidden track I didn't know about. I always ejected it before that one came on. :oops:

Sat May 17, 2003 3:49 am

Record companies are among the first to gripe about DJ's not identifying the songs which get airplay, then they turn around and don't even label their own product. I have tried to make sense of that for years.

Sat May 17, 2003 7:51 am

Hidden track (like backward masking and lyric printing) all goes back to Beatles. It was McCartney's "Her Majesty" hidden at the end of Abbey Road that started all this. Some 2nd and 3rd LP pressings did list the song on the back cover but 1st pressings did not.
It's one of those "beatley" things that make a band feel special when they do it. I'm sure someone at Capitol had to convince Lisa to go along with it. I doubt it was her clever idea.

GG

Sat May 17, 2003 10:23 am

It might have to do with the MJ subject matter. Just a guess.