Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

and now it really begins ...

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

rickeap
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Re: and now it really begins ...

Post by rickeap »

This is what a dictator does.The US and the world need to be wary of this maniac.

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

rickeap wrote:This is what a dictator does.The US and the world need to be wary of this maniac.
Indeed. But the Democrats can't cry foul too loudly - they were critical of him for seemingly affecting the election results when he reopened the email investigation with a couple of weeks to go.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

poormadpeter2 wrote:
rickeap wrote:This is what a dictator does.The US and the world need to be wary of this maniac.
Indeed. But the Democrats can't cry foul too loudly - they were critical of him for seemingly affecting the election results when he reopened the email investigation with a couple of weeks to go.
Bingo. And that is exactly what Trumped tweeted this morning. Under the relevant statute, the FBI Director can be fired for cause which is what the AG's memo recommending the firing detailed. Michael Goodwin of the NYPost nicely summarized the cause in his column below.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/09/why-james-comey-had-to-go/

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Mister Moon

Post by Mister Moon »

Cringeworthy president.

What an spectacle.

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

poormadpeter2 wrote:
Democrats and Republicans alike can cry foul in regards to democracy. It is being subverted.

Today is day 111.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Maybe Trump was just listening to the wise counsel of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer who told Bloomberg on November 2, 2017: “I do not have confidence in him any longer."

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-02/schumer-says-he-lost-confidence-in-fbi-s-comey-over-e-mail-probe

Or maybe the musings of former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid who called Comey "a Republican operative"? (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/harry-reid-tears-into-republican-operative-comey-hes-the-reason-clinton-lost/) If true, they why would Trump sack him?

Just curious, how exactly is democracy being subverted? The investigations by the FBI of alleged Russian hacking are continuing.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

brian
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by brian »

I am surprised Trump fired him. If Hilary Clinton had won and then fired him I wouldn't have been surprised.

FatherJack1980
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by FatherJack1980 »

Here's quite a good article about the firing: https://www.vox.com/2017/5/9/15601432/trump-fires-james-comey-explained
[Trump] repeatedly asked aides why the Russia investigation wouldn’t disappear and demanded they speak out for him. He would sometimes scream at television clips about the probe, one adviser said...
I wonder if there was a small portable television in the truck :lol:

Harry S. Truman: The buck stops here

Donald Duck Trump: "I don't take responsibility at all"

"I do want always corruption" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 22 Nov 2019 :wtf: :facep:

"The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 6 Nov 2012

"Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III." ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 31 Aug 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ydWzTnD7Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WotiVvyS1yk

And this is a-not-to-be-missed-instant-classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSE-XoVKaXg

"Elvis has left the house" :facep: ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 16 Nov 2018

- he's clearly a patriot that respects the flag and a very stable genius with a large a-brain(!). I'm of course being sarcastic because Donald Trump is a moron.

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Key prargraph in the article is as follows:

"It's hard to say that the three officials were fired specifically because they were investigating Trump. In Yates's case, it seemed obvious she'd be fired as soon as she defied Trump's travel ban order; Bharara was set to be one of just a few U.S. attorneys who kept their posts from the Obama administration; and politicians on both sides of the aisle had called for Comey's resignation at various times since the election."

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

It is becoming apparent that the president fired the FBI director to obstruct a federal investigation about possible collusion with a foreign power in order to fix an election.

:cry:

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

drjohncarpenter wrote:It is becoming apparent that the president fired the FBI director to obstruct a federal investigation about possible collusion with a foreign power in order to fix an election.

:cry:
Now, that's funny. :D The investigation, in the words of Acting Director McCabe, is ongoing. So where is the obstruction?

As far as fixing the election, can you please point to me one piece of evidence showing that the Russians (either a state official or hired actor) tampered with a voting machine in the country?

Surprisingly, until 9:30 p.m. on Election Night, the Obama White House and Clinton Campaign downplayed the actions of the Russians hacking the DNC as they thought Mrs. Clinton would win.

BTW, two weeks ago President Obama publicly endorsed Macron on the eve of the French election. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/05/04/obama-endorses-macron-in-french-election-taking-a-side-in-europe-again/?utm_term=.e8f9ee714dae

I thought you were against leaders of foreign governments interfering with democratic elections?

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Another false report by the Washington Post which is on a jihad against the Trump administration. Just like their report last week that Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein threatened to quit if Comey was not fired. Or, their report that Comey requested more federal funds for the Russian hacking investigation. Acting Head Andrew McCabe refuted that report in front of Congress last week.

Where was the Post's similar breathless reporting when the Obama administration revealed the name of a CIA operative in a press release forcing his immediate removal from deployment?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/white-house-mistakenly-identifies-cia-chief-in-afghanistan/2014/05/25/ac8e80cc-e444-11e3-8f90-73e071f3d637_story.html?utm_term=.5a022b041207

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

Some are desperately trying to dismiss this latest bombshell, despite the fact that the Washington Post was begged by U.S. intel to not be specific about what information was given to the Russians, and despite the fact that the White House called the NSA and CIA to explain what happened.
Because the president has extensive declassification authority, his revealing the information to the Russians is legal. Still, members of his administration moved quickly to try to contain the fallout, the Post reported.

Thomas Bossert, the president's assistant for homeland security and counterterrorism, called the NSA and the CIA, and directed an aide to request the relevant portion of the discussion to be removed from official transcripts, hoping to prevent further spread of the information.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-05-15/report-donald-trump-revealed-classified-intel-to-russian-officials-in-white-house-visit
What chaos. What a mess. Democracy is being tested like never before.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Some are desperately trying to dismiss this latest bombshell, despite the fact that the Washington Post was begged by U.S. intel to not be specific about what information was given to the Russians, and despite the fact that the White House called the NSA and CIA to explain what happened.
Because the president has extensive declassification authority, his revealing the information to the Russians is legal. Still, members of his administration moved quickly to try to contain the fallout, the Post reported.

Thomas Bossert, the president's assistant for homeland security and counterterrorism, called the NSA and the CIA, and directed an aide to request the relevant portion of the discussion to be removed from official transcripts, hoping to prevent further spread of the information.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-05-15/report-donald-trump-revealed-classified-intel-to-russian-officials-in-white-house-visit
What chaos. What a mess. Democracy is being tested like never before.
Wow, how dare the President declassify information that was already being discussed in news reports last week?

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

Current investigations on Donald Trump. Stunning. And definitely not normal.

170516_current Trump investigations.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Current investigations on Donald Trump. Stunning. And definitely not normal.

170516_current Trump investigations.jpg
Obstruction of Justice? For what? What underlying crime is Trump and his administration covering up? Speaking with Russian Officials after winning the election is not a crime.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
drjohncarpenter

And more evidence of obstruction of justice comes to light:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html

As glad as I am that I did not support this candidate, I pray that this chaos is going to stop. And soon.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

drjohncarpenter wrote:And more evidence of obstruction of justice comes to light:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html

As glad as I am that I did not support this candidate, I pray that this chaos is going to stop. And soon.
The alleged statement is a future wish not a command ("I hope"). It is weaker than my cup of Joe this morning.

If you want the chaos to stop, maybe the media should disclose their annomouys sources.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by TJ »

It takes a special kind of stubbornness and/or self-deception to witness months of embarrassing missteps and conclude that the main problem here is a hostile media. Of course it's possible to cherry pick certain criticisms that haven't been as fairly covered by the media as they might have been, but can anyone seriously look at this guy's first months in office and not conclude that he is way out of his depth? Does anyone really think that all the criticism (increasingly from the right too) is unjustified?

Trump's supporters are now in an odd position where they can't even rely on White House talking points to defend/excuse/explain much of what Trump does. If they do so, they are likely to look foolish when Trump contradicts his colleagues via an ill-conceived late night Tweet or unguarded moment in a television interview. The President of the Unites States' word no longer means a damn thing and that should be sad to everyone. It's a lottery whether what comes out of his mouth is true or not, or whether he'll say the same thing next time he's asked. No one was really conned though. Those character flaws were evident before the election for anyone who cared to pay attention. For reasons that I'll never understand, tens of millions of people didn't care and very many of those still don't. It's time for those people to start caring and stop blindly defending everything that he does. Just maybe he would actually raise his game if his supporters made it clear that they would no longer tolerate his now very tired act.

FatherJack1980
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by FatherJack1980 »

Here's a fine timeline about the Comey matter

I agree with Putin when he said "President Trump is acting in accordance with his competence" and Trump makes George Bush jr. look like a scholar

Harry S. Truman: The buck stops here

Donald Duck Trump: "I don't take responsibility at all"

"I do want always corruption" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 22 Nov 2019 :wtf: :facep:

"The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 6 Nov 2012

"Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III." ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 31 Aug 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ydWzTnD7Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WotiVvyS1yk

And this is a-not-to-be-missed-instant-classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSE-XoVKaXg

"Elvis has left the house" :facep: ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 16 Nov 2018

- he's clearly a patriot that respects the flag and a very stable genius with a large a-brain(!). I'm of course being sarcastic because Donald Trump is a moron.

Mister Moon

Post by Mister Moon »

FatherJack1980 wrote: (...) and Trump makes George Bush jr. look like a scholar
Ha, ha. That's true.

You know, with all due respect to persons with mental disorders, I always looked at Bush Jr. as a borderline kind of guy, with all those awful smartasses behind him (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz) really doing the job.

I never thought I would live to see a worse POTUS than that.

Really, really amazing that so many people can vote for such a clown.

mike edwards66
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by mike edwards66 »

Read my lips. This will come to nothing. Comey had to go. There was NO collusion. Trump will make America great again.

Mister Moon wrote:You know, with all due respect to persons with mental disorders, I always looked at Bush Jr. as a borderline kind of guy....Really, really amazing that so many people can vote for such a clown.
That's deeply disrespectful to about 62 million Americans. And even the Americans that didn't vote for either Bush or Trump, would not take kindly to your words. If the election was tomrrow, Trump would win again. And with a bigger margin. God bless America.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah