Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

drjohncarpenter

Re: Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Tru

Post by drjohncarpenter »

iplayastrat wrote:And unfortunately most on here that supported Hillary either don't want to accept the truth on why she lost, or are so blind to it they just can't see it.
Given your odd religious postings on FECC, I would argue that most of the people commenting on this topic are not the ones who "don't want to accept the truth" or "are so blind." It is you.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

iplayastrat

Post by iplayastrat »

drjohncarpenter wrote: Given your odd religious postings on FECC, I would argue that most of the people commenting on this topic are not the ones who "don't want to accept the truth" or "are so blind." It is you.

Always a personal attack with you against my beliefs.
No matter because I'm a true believer in Christ.

I notice when I'm right on the subject at hand and provide
information to support it you choose to not respond. At the
very least did you watch the Frontline episode?

If you dismiss it I'll know you're guilty of the same things
you accuse others of.

My escape from society continues...

drjohncarpenter

iplayastrat wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: Given your odd religious postings on FECC, I would argue that most of the people commenting on this topic are not the ones who "don't want to accept the truth" or "are so blind." It is you.

Always a personal attack with you against my beliefs. No matter because I'm a true believer in Christ.
There is no "personal attack," but you use your strict religious view as an indictment of any other opinion on this and other topics. And that is wrong. Intolerance is a sin, and you are a very intolerant person.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

paulsweeney

Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump

Post by paulsweeney »

http://www.macleans.ca/news/world/russias-american-coup/

Russia’s American coup

The U.S. is finally waking up to the fact that is has been turned into a subordinate ally to Russia, thanks to Putin and Trump.

Some of the most important moments in history happen fast, like a flash of lightning. A tank crosses a border or a prince is assassinated and everyone knows the world has changed, even before the sound of thunder rolls over them.

Other epochal shifts are more subtle and incremental. In 18th-century England, very few people would have known what a Spinning Jenny was, and fewer still would recognize what the automation of weaving meant for the world.

For the last two years we have been living through one of those less obvious historic transformations. It didn’t happen all at once, it’s still not over, and even now we can’t say how deep or far it will go. But it happened, moment by moment, until we woke up in a cold day in December and realized that Moscow had effectively installed the next president of the United States.

That sounds hyperbolic, doesn’t it? Even writing it I have to pause and stare at that sentence. But these are the facts: The CIA and over a dozen other U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded Russia hacked into both the Republican and Democratic party computers. Senior Russian officials have admitted that they leaked the Democratic data to WikiLeaks. Those emails were then strategically published over the course of the presidential campaign. Why? A member of the House Intelligence Committee states there is “overwhelming evidence” Russia’s goal was to elect Donald Trump.

The result of Putin’s intervention in the American election cannot be downplayed. If Hillary Clinton had garnered just 107,000 more votes in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan, this would have given her the Electoral College and the White House. According to pollster Nate Silver, the Russian intervention contributed to eroding up to three per cent of the swing-state vote from Clinton. That small margin was all it took to decide the election.

By any definition of the word, this may be Russia’s greatest coup since Sputnik. It was a spectacular success—it toppled one political candidate in order to place its own man in the White House—and no matter what happens next, it has dealt a crippling blow to America and its political institutions.

And there can be no doubt that Trump is Moscow’s man. Throughout the campaign, his pro-Russian policies were his only inflexibly consistent proposals. After winning the Republican nomination, his team asked for only one change to the entire party platform—removing support for Ukraine in its fight against Russia, contradicting almost the whole Republican foreign policy establishment.

On the campaign trail Trump inexplicably defended Putin at every turn, even when it would seem to undermine his own political chances. Once elected, Trump quickly brought back Paul Manafort, his former campaign chair who had been forced to resign after public concerns about his close ties to Russian oligarchs. His pick for National Security Adviser, Gen. Michael Flynn, is a former contributor to the Russian state propaganda network RT, openly admires Putin, and joined him at a gala dinner last year. Flynn is being paired with a deputy who once said “Vladimir Putin is the one who really deserves that Nobel Peace Prize.” And, topping all of this, Trump’s likely Secretary of State nominee, Rex Tillerson, has been described as the closest American to Putin. As the CEO of Exxon Mobil he tirelessly campaigned to remove Russian sanctions, and last year he was awarded one of that country’s highest civilian honours for his efforts in promoting Russian interests.

How did we get here? Habituation. Every paragraph in this column would have been laughably unbelievable 18 months ago. Putin interfering in the U.S. election? President Trump? A pro-Russian administration? But when this slowly unfolded, day by day, and inch by inch, we gradually became de-sensitized to the change that Trump has brought to America: campaigning on lies, turning America’s foreign policy on its head, and making the United States a subordinate ally to Russia.

I have a sense that Americans are only now beginning to realize what has happened. Even leading Republicans are demanding to know what is going on. But unless something even more extraordinary occurs in the next few weeks, Russia’s American coup has already succeeded. No matter what happens next, the United States, its institutions, its place in the world, all have been left dangerously weakened, fractured, diminished.

European leaders are openly questioning America’s role in NATO. Beijing is flying nuclear bombers over the South China Sea. Russian and Syrian troops are retaking Aleppo from the rebels. That’s the sound of thunder in the distance; the world has changed.
Last edited by paulsweeney on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

iplayastrat

Post by iplayastrat »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
There is no "personal attack," but you use your strict religious view as an indictment of any other opinion on this and other topics. And that is wrong. Intolerance is a sin, and you are a very intolerant person.
Your judgement of me or more importantly my Christian beliefs isn't
the topic of this thread. And your paintbrush is a very broad one.

Again, you don't comment on the topic of discussion. Or the information
that I provided from sources that even you would trust.

Next time in one of your threads that includes a link to a video or
written report - don't expect anyone to watch or read them. As
you don't do the courtesy back.

I do understand you not replying to what I actually wrote. Because
I'm guessing you don't like the answers. The PBS report and Hillary's
own words are quite damning.

My escape from society continues...

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

paulsweeney wrote:Beijing is flying nuclear bombers over the South China Sea.
Goodness! Imagine "Beijing" patrolling over the "South China" sea! I wonder why? Could it be that the USA currently has over 400 military bases stationed in the Pacific from North Eastern China the whole way down to Indonesia with no shortage of nuclear weaponry therein? "The pivot to Asia" as Obama described it. Imagine if the Chinese has 2 or 3 bases off the coast of California. No, that would never do, would it.

If Trump intends to change US foreign policy to a much less aggressive stance then that can only be a good thing. It's way past time that the United States took a good hard look at itself and backed waaaaaaaay off all over the globe.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:And unfortunately most on here that supported Hillary either don't want to accept the truth on why she lost, or are so blind to it they just can't see it.
Given your odd religious postings on FECC, I would argue that most of the people commenting on this topic are not the ones who "don't want to accept the truth" or "are so blind." It is you.
Leave the personal attacks out of it please.

Thank you.

paulsweeney

Post by paulsweeney »

Hard Rocker wrote:
Goodness! Imagine "Beijing" patrolling over the "South China" sea! I wonder why? Could it be that the USA currently has over 400 military bases stationed in the Pacific from North Eastern China the whole way down to Indonesia with no shortage of nuclear weaponry therein? "The pivot to Asia" as Obama described it. Imagine if the Chinese has 2 or 3 bases off the coast of California. No, that would never do, would it.

If Trump intends to change US foreign policy to a much less aggressive stance then that can only be a good thing. It's way past time that the United States took a good hard look at itself and backed waaaaaaaay off all over the globe.
That's all you got from the article? Nothing about Russia's impact on your election?

drjohncarpenter

iplayastrat wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:There is no "personal attack," but you use your strict religious view as an indictment of any other opinion on this and other topics. And that is wrong. Intolerance is a sin, and you are a very intolerant person.
Your judgement of me or more importantly my Christian beliefs isn't the topic of this thread.
I make not judgement of your "Christian beliefs," only that, again, you use your strict religious view as an indictment of any other opinion on this and other topics. You don't want to come off as intolerant of others? Stop doing that, thank you.

paulsweeney wrote:
Hard Rocker wrote:Goodness! Imagine "...
That's all you got from the article? Nothing about Russia's impact on your election?
FYI, it's not his election, so don't expect any comment there. He just likes dipping into topics like these and stirring up trouble.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

drjohncarpenter wrote: FYI, it's not his election, so don't expect any comment there. He just likes dipping into topics like these and stirring up trouble.
If "stirring up trouble" means having an opinion that you have a problem with, that's just too bad.

In any case, you leave the personal attacks out of it, Johnny. Just for the record, YOU have absolutely no clue who I am, where I live, where I used to live, what nationality I am, or whether or not I'm entitled to vote, so quit bluffin' and shut it!

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

paulsweeney wrote:
Hard Rocker wrote:

That's "all"?!! US foreign policy is the greatest threat to the future of the survival of the species. That's plenty just for openers and there is no room whatsoever to point the finger at China in light of the point which I have made. We can look at Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Afghanistan, Libya, etc etc etc too, if required. And that's before we look at the lunacy of the provocation of Russia: troopers right on their borders in the Baltic states, the CIA coup in the Ukraine, nukes installed in Romania, etc etc etc. There's a substantial percentage of Americans who couldn't find Rome on a map if you showed them where Italy was. Gawd help the rest of the planet in light of some of the know-nothing gung-ho BS that we hear regularly spouted from within the country. A serious wake-up call is long overdue on US foreign policy, not that the military mad dogs and weapons manufacturers would ever allow that to happen. Let's not get too upset about China patrolling within it's own locale when there are 400+ US military bases hovering on it's doorstep.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

paulsweeney wrote:
Hard Rocker wrote:

If Russia did indeed hack the Clinton/Podesta/DNC emails, why would they leak them prior to the election when it looked all but inevitable that she would win? That's what all media pundits thought on the morning of Election Day.

Wouldn't it be better for Russia to use these emails as leverage (i.e. blackmail purposes) after Hillary's election?

As you know, Julian Assange of Wikileaks has said the Russians did not supply him with the emails. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/11/03/assange-says-wikileaks-didnt-get-emails-russia/93245454/

Recall that during the campaign, Mrs. Clinton emphasized her experience as Secretary of State. And, one of the accomplishments she touted was her "reset" of U.S.-Russian relations in 2009. If this were successful, then why would the Russians try to influence the vote to help Trump when they already have friendly relations with the presumed winner of the 2016 election? Indeed, in a BBC interview in 2015, Clinton spun the reset as a "brilliant stroke."

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/clinton-russian-reset-brilliant-stroke/
Last edited by Mike C on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

paulsweeney

Post by paulsweeney »

Hard Rocker wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: FYI, it's not his election, so don't expect any comment there. He just likes dipping into topics like these and stirring up trouble.
If "stirring up trouble" means having an opinion that you have a problem with, that's just too bad.

In any case, you leave the personal attacks out of it, Johnny. Just for the record, YOU have absolutely no clue who I am, where I live, where I used to live, what nationality I am, or whether or not I'm entitled to vote, so quit bluffin' and shut it!
Chill folks! Though I've always found it odd that people don't use their real names. From day one you've all known my name and where I'm from.

Topic author
poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Trump's latest classic is appointing Rick Perry as Energy Secretary, despite Mr Perry, in 2011, saying the Energy dept should be closed down. That's sensible, right?

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

poormadpeter2 wrote:Trump's latest classic is appointing Rick Perry as Energy Secretary, despite Mr Perry, in 2011, saying the Energy dept should be closed down. That's sensible, right?
Yes, if he plans to cut back the department during the term. It should be eliminated to save money as it does not create any energy!

Elvis as Danny Fisher

drjohncarpenter

Hard Rocker wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:FYI, it's not his election, so don't expect any comment there. He just likes dipping into topics like these and stirring up trouble.
No, it means exactly what it says. The majority of your membership is spent trying to cause rancor. This is why you have been suspended many times this year. The offensive tone of the post I am replying to is a perfect and very typical example of it.
Hard Rocker wrote:In any case, you leave the personal attacks out of it, Johnny. Just for the record, YOU have absolutely no clue who I am, where I live, where I used to live, what nationality I am, or whether or not I'm entitled to vote, so quit bluffin' and shut it!
There is no personal attack, just truth. And I suspect the anger in the above underscores that you know I am correct. You are not an American citizen, exactly as I stated. It doesn't mean you cannot comment on the U.S. election, but let's keep it real.

Thank you.

Mike C wrote:If Russia did indeed hack the Clinton/Podesta/DNC emails ...
Tap tap tap.

You are relentless in your desire to distance yourself from every single galling truth about your hero Trump. I find it offensive.

Keep on tappin' ... that's all you do.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

And yet again, another personal attack.

drjohncarpenter

Hard Rocker wrote:And yet again, another personal attack.
It seems you confuse "personal attack" with truth.

I'm sorry about that. Maybe an adult discussion forum like FECC is not the best place for you to share your talents.

Thank you.

::rocks

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

And Johnny's personal attacks continue unabated. Grow up.

Topic author
AnotherExit

Post by AnotherExit »

Hard Rocker wrote:And Johnny's personal attacks continue unabated. Grow up.
If you think what he said was a "personal attack," I think it's YOU who needs to grow up. Or grow thicker skin.

Trevell

Post by Trevell »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike C wrote:If Russia did indeed hack the Clinton/Podesta/DNC emails ...
Tap tap tap.

You are relentless in your desire to distance yourself from every single galling truth about your hero Trump. I find it offensive.

Keep on tappin' ... that's all you do.
Did Russians leak the DNC and Podesta emails? I see no evidence that they did, and Assange says they didn't. But even if the Russians were the source, so what? The emails were real, they were not "fake" news.

Flippy...Real Flippy...

drjohncarpenter

Trevell wrote:Did Russians leak the DNC and Podesta emails? I see no evidence that they did, and Assange says they didn't. But even if the Russians were the source, so what? The emails were real, they were not "fake" news.
You need to study up before posting on this topic, as you are wrong.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

paulsweeney

Post by paulsweeney »

The right, is the right, is the right. It makes no difference what you say or post, they have a closed mind and they love the Donald. I can say that in my lifetime, I've voted for more than one political party.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Hard Rocker wrote:And yet again, another personal attack.
I'll take the personal attack as success in defeating the theory proposed of Russian hacking tipping the election. That is usually what happens when progressives get stuck in a logical trap. Ironically, I am honoring the request Jordan made last week but the Docs refuses to do so. However, I am sure he use semantics to justify the personal attacks.

The ironic thing that if the Russians hacked Podesta's emails (again, emails not actual voting machines), they used the simplest of ways - a phishing scam.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-campaign-john-podesta-got-hacked-by-phishing-2016-10

And, yet, we should trust these folks with protecting state secrets? :facep:
Last edited by Mike C on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Very true. If they can't even take care of their own security, what good are they in charge of the nation?