Chicks (still) Rule!

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
BobDylan
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Chicks (still) Rule!

Post by BobDylan »

My wife and I had the pleasure of seeing the Dixie Chicks in concert last night in Moline, IL. Natalie said that they hoped they were going to put on an entertaining show and they delivered in spades. The Chicks played for nearly 2 hours and did the songs you would expect such as Goodbye Earl, Long Time Gone, Traveling Soldier, Truth Number 2, and several others.

There were a couple of surprises, namely a tribute to Prince by way of Nothing Compares 2 U which blew me away, and a song by Beyoncé. Sorry, I'm not familiar with her music but the song they did was fun and they did a great job with it.

They also sang Ready to Run. The video was a humorous take on this years Presidential election and surprisingly, they didn't take sides. I would have thought it would have leaned more to the Democratic side of things but it didn't.

A couple of other songs they did were Cowboy Take Me Away and Not Ready to Make Nice. After 10 years of not being on tour and putting up with the crap and controversy they did, it would have been easy for them to say screw it, we had our moment in the sun. I'm glad they chose not to stay on hiatus as they were fantastic. Their singing was great and the band cooked. It would have been a shame not to have seen them again.

On a personal note, I was one who got rid of my Dixie Chicks CD's and questioned their Patriotism. Turns out, I was the one who got it wrong. There is nothing more Patriotic than standing up for your beliefs and sticking by them. It wasn't popular and they lost fans but they never backed down. I salute them for that. And I'm happy to say that I've rebought all the CD's I got rid of plus a couple of others I didn't have. Sorry Chicks! Please accept my apology and release another album!!

Topic author
BobDylan
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Re: Chicks (still) Rule!

Post by BobDylan »

BobDylan wrote:My wife and I had the pleasure of seeing the Dixie Chicks in concert last night in Moline, IL. Natalie said that they hoped they were going to put on an entertaining show and they delivered in spades. The Chicks played for nearly 2 hours and did the songs you would expect such as Goodbye Earl, Long Time Gone, Traveling Soldier, Truth Number 2, and several others.

There were a couple of surprises, namely a tribute to Prince by way of Nothing Compares 2 U which blew me away, and a song by Beyoncé. Sorry, I'm not familiar with her music but the song they did was fun and they did a great job with it.

They also sang Ready to Run. The video was a humorous take on this years Presidential election and surprisingly, they didn't take sides. I would have thought it would have leaned more to the Democratic side of things but it didn't.

A couple of other songs they did were Cowboy Take Me Away and Not Ready to Make Nice. After 10 years of not being on tour and putting up with the crap and controversy they did, it would have been easy for them to say screw it, we had our moment in the sun. I'm glad they chose not to stay on hiatus as they were fantastic. Their singing was great and the band cooked. It would have been a shame not to have seen them again.

On a personal note, I was one who got rid of my Dixie Chicks CD's and questioned their Patriotism. Turns out, I was the one who got it wrong. There is nothing more Patriotic than standing up for your beliefs and sticking by them. It wasn't popular and they lost fans but they never backed down. I salute them for that. And I'm happy to say that I've rebought all the CD's I got rid of plus a couple of others I didn't have. Sorry Chicks! Please accept my apology and release another album!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

BobDylan wrote:My wife and I had the pleasure of seeing the Dixie Chicks in concert last night in Moline, IL. Natalie said that they hoped they were going to put on an entertaining show and they delivered in spades. The Chicks played for nearly 2 hours and did the songs you would expect such as Goodbye Earl, Long Time Gone, Traveling Soldier, Truth Number 2, and several others.

Great review and terrific post. Thank you for sharing the photos, too. The Beyonce tune is "Daddy Lessons," which was released earlier this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daddy_Lessons

Hope you're having a fun vacation. ;-)

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Elton
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by Elton »

Three very talented musicians,happy to see they are still preforming as the "Chicks''
Thanks for the concert photos!!

"I Don't Sound Like Nobody" Thats Because Nobody Sounds Like You !

"you remember that doncha?"
Later Elton ^j^

MikeFromHolland
Registered for: 12 years

Post by MikeFromHolland »

Would love to hear their version of Nothing Compares 2 U. Thanks for the share. Some bad ass pics you've made there!

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

MikeFromHolland wrote:Would love to hear their version of Nothing Compares 2 U. Thanks for the share. Some bad ass pics you've made there!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!