THE HARD ROCK & METAL THREAD

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

goldbelt

Re: THE HARD ROCK & METAL THREAD

Post by goldbelt »

Hard Rocker on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:27 am wrote:Yes, I'd say These Days is the last quality album from them. They'd a great run though. Good live band too. Sambora is such a good player. They all are, to be fair. That man Vito Bratta from White Lion is another vituoso as well.
Yeah. Richie's 'Stranger In This Town' is a great album as well - played that album a lot when it was new.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Is that the one with his Elvis tribute "Falling From Graceland" on it?

goldbelt

Post by goldbelt »

Hard Rocker on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:41 am wrote:Is that the one with his Elvis tribute "Falling From Graceland" on it?

That's from the 'Undiscovered Soul' album (Myrna Smith is on backing vocals on the album too).

Here's one of the better tracks from it ......

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Good singer too. A very talented guy though he's been fighting demons for quite a few years now. I hope he finds peace and happiness. His girlfriend Orianthi is another great player.

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Here is a song from a "new" Finnish band, One Desire - "Hurt", released in 2017.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

Hadn't seen a post for the great Canadian band Rush yet... tremendous early live version of one of their classics...
Unfortunately have to go to youtube to view it...

norrie

Post by norrie »

Been listening to new album from Judas Priest last couple of weeks it's an absolute belter on par with their best.
20180317_223347.jpg
norrie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Yeah, good album, The last one, Redeemer of Souls was a cracker too.

I was having a bit of a Priestfest last weekend and was revisiting Defenders of the Faith. What an album.

On a sadder note, Glenn Tipton is now taking a step back due to Parkinsons' Disease. He says he'll continue with studio work and maybe make the odd live appearance but certainly no longer to the same extent. They're out on tour in Europe this summer with Teutonic Rockers Accept. What a double header that is!

<\m/

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Hard Rocker on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:36 am wrote:Yeah, good album, The last one, Redeemer of Souls was a cracker too.

I was having a bit of a Priestfest last weekend and was revisiting Defenders of the Faith. What an album.

On a sadder note, Glenn Tipton is now taking a step back due to Parkinsons' Disease. He says he'll continue with studio work and maybe make the odd live appearance but certainly no longer to the same extent. They're out on tour in Europe this summer with Teutonic Rockers Accept. What a double header that is!

<\m/
I'm not a fan of their music...but for some reason I have liked the 1986 Turbo album from the start. Still enjoy it.
I'm aware that the record is not that appreciated by the fans, but I Iike it :)

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Yes, the album had its critics but I like it too. If you enjoyed that, I suggest checking out Screaming For Vengeance and British Steel. They are easy to listen to.

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Hard Rocker on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:15 pm wrote:Yes, the album had its critics but I like it too. If you enjoyed that, I suggest checking out Screaming For Vengeance and British Steel. They are easy to listen to.
Believe it or not...my wife bought it when it was released. It's a cassette so I haven't listened to it in many years...perhaps I should?

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Which one?

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Hard Rocker on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:51 pm wrote:Which one?
British Steel. IIRC there was a specific song that made her buy it...could have been Living After Midnight, not sure.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Sounds about right. That was the big single off it... well there was also Breaking The Law - Huge!

Check it out, it's a very accessible album.

goldbelt

Post by goldbelt »

The 1989 self titled album from Bad English had some good tracks on it. As did the follow up album in 1991.

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

I have been watching two Gary Moore shows tonight...Avo Session from 2008 and Montreux 2010...what an artist. Wrote alot of his own songs...sang them and played the lead guitar. Great music.

norrie

Post by norrie »

Scarre on Sat May 05, 2018 9:05 pm wrote:I have been watching two Gary Moore shows tonight...Avo Session from 2008 and Montreux 2010...what an artist. Wrote alot of his own songs...sang them and played the lead guitar. Great music.
Saw him live at the Edinburgh Playhouse back in 1989 on the After The War tour.Great guitarist one of the best I've seen.I don't think he liked the album so much as he went on to the Blues after that but I liked it at the time.

norrie

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

I was going to post a song by April Wine (the best from Canada, musically), a song called "Really Don't Want Your Love" but couldn't find it. It's a great rock song from 1984. I have the single, it was never released on a LP album.

Here's the single;

https://www.discogs.com/April-Wine-This-Could-Be-The-Right-One-I-Really-Dont-Want-Your-Love/release/1593952

Sorry that I wasn't able to find the song online.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

The new Priest album Firepower continues the strong return to form of Redeemer of Souls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firepower_Judas_Priest_album

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Here is the song that was "the basis for Hard Rock":

Elvis Presley "Too Much" (RCA Victor 6800, January 9, 1957)
Billboard "Best Sellers in Stores" #1, February 9, 1957, Cash Box #1, February 16, 1957.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

The singer was certainly eminently influential on the genre. Of that, there can be no doubt whatsoever.
That you would appear to dispute this fact reveals a paucity of knowledge of this particular musical style and its incumbent leaders, icons and front-runners.

Many more examples available on request. 8)