THE HARD ROCK & METAL THREAD

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Scarre

Re: THE HARD ROCK & METAL THREAD

Post by Scarre »

Hard Rocker wrote:Remembering the great Gary Moore. 5 years gone today.

I remember I posted the RIP thread back then. Hard to believe it's 5 years ago.
"Run For Cover" is one of my favorite GM albums.
I like the"Live In Montreux 2010" DVD, especially because you can hear 3 new songs...he was on his way to record a new rock album, but it didn't happen.

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

rocknroller wrote:Was at the Black stone cherry , shinedown and hailstorm gig at the Glasgow hydro this week. all 3 bands fantastic as always !!!
Halestorm . . . Lzzy Hale . . . WHAT a singer.

I really enjoy the first EP they did with the cover songs - very enjoyable. I have their studio albums, too.

ImageImageImage

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

I have been listening to some Status Quo records these past few days...And I know, it´s not hard rock or metal, but please forgive me.

I just have a small comment regarding 2 songs...Blue Eyed Lady! Great song, and what a 1+ minute guitar solo at the end.
Second one is Carol...wow, what a great guitar driven version of this Berry song, at full throttle. Gotta love it. I tried to find the audio on Youtube, but didn´t (well I did find them, but they didn´t work)...except for the live versions.
Sorry for going slightly OT.

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Greystoke wrote:
Scarre wrote:I have been listening to some Status Quo records these past few days...And I know, it´s not hard rock or metal, but please forgive me.

I just have a small comment regarding 2 songs...Blue Eyed Lady! Great song, and what a 1+ minute guitar solo at the end.
Second one is Carol...wow, what a great guitar driven version of this Berry song, at full throttle. Gotta love it. I tried to find the audio on Youtube, but didn´t (well I did find them, but they didn´t work)...except for the live versions.
I know a few people who are fans of Status Quo and rave about them as a live act. They still tour quite frequently, I believe. They've got a loyal audience, that's for sure.
You are correct. Sadly, this year will be their last one...

http://www.statusquo.co.uk/

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Scarre wrote:I have been listening to some Status Quo records these past few days...And I know, it´s not hard rock or metal, but please forgive me.

Quo in the 70's are first class. They were a phenomenally successful singles band in the 80's thru to the 90's, but it's on their early albums where you'll find the meat: Dog Of Two Head, Piledriver, Quo, On The Level, Blue For You, Hello, and of course Live... of THE great concert albums. Timeless stuff and a fantastic performance act.

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

Ed Force One has flown into Tulsa..... tonight I will see IRON MAIDEN for the first time!

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

JEFF d wrote:Ed Force One has flown into Tulsa..... tonight I will see IRON MAIDEN for the first time!

JEFF d
EP fan
:D :D :smt023

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Been rocking out to Zakk Wilde's Book Of Shadows album this past week. Sounds like UYI era Guns N Roses with Ronnie Van Zant singing! It really is a quality album, mainly acoustic but with some killer solos from Zakk. Great stuff!

houndog

Post by houndog »

Hard Rocker wrote:

Quo in the 70's are first class. They were a phenomenally successful singles band in the 80's thru to the 90's, but it's on their early albums where you'll find the meat: Dog Of Two Head, Piledriver, Quo, On The Level, Blue For You, Hello, and of course Live... of THE great concert albums. Timeless stuff and a fantastic performance act.
First band I ever saw live at Wembley arena 1981 , over the intervening years have seen them 28 times live but from 1991 to 2013 I never saw them as I thought they were a shadow of the former mighty QUO doing to many cover versions and "non Quo" type songs but when the Frantic Four reformed I had to go again and took in another 4shows across the two tours they did and I swear if you stood there closed your eyes and listened it was right back to the Glasgow Apollo in 75 where Quo live was recorded unbelievable live band on there day.
A personal Quo highlight for me was whilst working in Germany I got to carry the luggage of Francis and Rick as they stayed a the hotel I worked and even got to hang out with them for a few hours the next day after the gig, great guys exactly the same as they appear on TV.... but Jon Bon Jovi who also stayed at the hotel is a complete other story but what a :smt121

HOUNDOG

you aint nuthin butta.......

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

IRON MAIDEN were absolutely amazing!!!!

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

Got my ticket in the mail today for the Robert Plant concert this upcoming weekend @ Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa! Its a very historic and small venue in downtown Tulsa, going to be EPIC show!!!

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Currently revisiting The Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience, Grace... class album by a fantastic band.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Greystoke wrote:
Hard Rocker wrote:Currently revisiting The Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience, Grace... class album by a fantastic band.
I've been playing some Foo Fighters lately, too. They're an incredible band.
Possibly the best Rock band of the past 10 years. The above album plus In Your Honor, Wasting Light, and Sonic Highways have seen them really hit their stride. Grohl's a little too ubiquitous at times (and he really should be above slating the likes of Nickleback!) but he's a likable guy generally and a phenomenal talent.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

So it's Axl for AC/DC then, till the end of the tour. Should be interesting,

bray1977

Post by bray1977 »

It sounds like a horrendous arrangement but I have to say that the footage of Guns and Angus Young doing Whole Lotta Rosie was quite good. It'll be interesting to see how AC/dc's hard working ethic comes up against Axl's legendary tardiness.

50,000,000 Elvis fans cant be wrong.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

I'd be extremely surprised if that becomes an issue. It's 22 shows in total and I assume he has been well warned... However, you never know! I agree that he has handled Riff Raff and Rosie very well. Let's hope he knocks the ball outta the park with them. It's a one-off not to be missed and I intend to be there with Hells Bells on :)

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Great interview with Angus Young, Axl Rose, and Cliff Williams. Suffice to say they knocked it clean outta the park at the first gig in Lisbon.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Bon Scott, the man on my profile pic, would've been 70 today. Hard to believe. Happy birthday Bon!

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

Hard Rocker wrote:Currently revisiting The Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience, Grace... class album by a fantastic band.
Love, love, love that band.

Do you have the Saint Cecilia EP?

http://www.saintceciliaep.com/

This video cracks me up . . .

FRESH POTS!

ImageImageImage

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

FINALLY . . . Steven Adler performs with Guns N' Roses!

ImageImageImage

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

My guess is that Axl is testing the water with his "brother", Steven Adler. Hmmmm.... I wouldn't bet on a happy outcome longterm but who knows? In any case, Izzy's totally uninterested so the true classic lineup is off the agenda for now.

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

Just having Axl, Slash & Duff together again is so awesome.

Wish I could go see them in Philly.

ImageImageImage

norrie

Post by norrie »

Been listening to this the last few days.Brilliant, Ronnie James Dio might just be the best heavy metal vocalist of all time.
Black_Sabbath_Heaven_and_Hell.jpg
norrie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

He'd certainly be on many people's list. That's a great album - Arguably even Sabbath's best!

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Krokus...a Swiss band.

Say goodbye...a beautiful song.
Screaming in the night...vow.
Russian winter...rock at it's best ☺