THE HARD ROCK & METAL THREAD

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Hard Rocker

THE HARD ROCK & METAL THREAD

Post by Hard Rocker »

OK Rockers... never realised there were so many of you out there in FECC land! Tell us all about your love for Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Rock & Heavy Metal. Fave albums, gigs, etc.

Bring it on!

<\m/

Scarre

Re: THE HARD ROCK & METAL THREAD

Post by Scarre »

Hard Rocker wrote:OK Rockers... never realised there were so many of you out there in FECC land! Tell us all about your love for Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Heavy Rock & Heavy Metal. Fave albums, gigs, etc.

Bring it on!

<\m/
But...there are soooo many good records out there that one thread is not enough 8)

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

True buddy... but we can use this for general stuff. OK Scarre - 10 great albums. Let's hear it!

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Ok...Whitesnake/Saints&Sinners, Yngwie Malmsteen/Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force, April Wine/First Glance, Iron Maiden/Killers, Gary Moore/Run For Cover, Rainbow/Down To Earth, Krokus/Headhunter, Honeymoon Suite/Racing After Midnight, Cinderella/Once Upon A..., Dokken/Back For The Attack.

I have picked 10 different bands...just to let you know what kind of HR I like. I could easily put, as an example, a couple of more Whitesnake albums...or Yngwie...or Gary albums to the 10 I just mentioned.

Satisfied? 8)

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Yeah, cool list. You like Cinderella. Keifer's solo album from a year or two back was excellent. Sounded like a hybrid of The Stones, Aerosmith and AC/DC to these ears. Have you heard it?

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Hard Rocker wrote:Yeah, cool list. You like Cinderella. Keifer's solo album from a year or two back was excellent. Sounded like a hybrid of The Stones, Aerosmith and AC/DC to these ears. Have you heard it?
I do not own it, but if memory serves me right, my brother has it...

promiseland

Post by promiseland »

Too many to add but some personal favorites that I have seen in concert are :

Ozzy Osbourne/with Randy Rhoads
Black Sabbath/with DIO
UFO
Ted Nugent
AC\DC
Van Halen/with David Lee Roth
ELO
REO Speedwagon/with Gary Richrath
YES
Aerosmith
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Molly Hatchet

..just to name a few.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

April Wine's Before The Dawn is a great song...

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Hard Rocker wrote:April Wine's Before The Dawn is a great song...

It sure is. I believe it was Brian's second song as the lead singer...the first one being"Right Down To It".
If you really are for real and actually know AW you are almost one of kind. Besides me and my brother, you are just about the only one that I know that likes AW. But hey...that's ok. We like what we like: )

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Won't lie, buddy... I'm not overly familiar with all their stuff but I've always enjoyed this one, I Like To Rock, and a few others. What's their best album? Harder/Faster, is it? They always reminded me a little of Coney Hatch, another outfit from around the same time with a hatfull of killer tracks.

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Hard Rocker wrote:Won't lie, buddy... I'm not overly familiar with all their stuff but I've always enjoyed this one, I Like To Rock, and a few others. What's their best album? Harder/Faster, is it? They always reminded me a little of Coney Hatch, another outfit from around the same time with a hatfull of killer tracks.
As with Elvis...it's too difficult to choose just one album. If I could pick 3...First Glance, Animal Grace and Attitude. Perhaps ; )

goldbelt

Post by goldbelt »

I like loads of rock and metal artists and as well as the big names there are many less well known ones that I have discovered over the years.

There used to be a great late night rock and metal TV show in the UK called Raw Power which led me to discover other artists I enjoyed, in the days before the internet.

Any of you rockers in the UK remember Raw Power?

steevefry

Post by steevefry »

AC/DC
DEF LEPPARD
ACCEPT
IRON MAIDEN
KISS
TRUST (french)
KILLERS (french)
Killers

Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

Elvis is my all time favorite..but my favorite band is Iron Maiden. Heavy Metal is my favorite genre..I listen to anything from Bathory to Firehouse. Great list of albums Scarre! While you are talking about April Wine..they were the very first band I ever seen in concert in 93..I was only 13. They were on the Attitude tour..a family member took me to the show because I liked older music..honestly I didnt know who they were at the time. :D I enjoyed the show & still have the tshirt from that show.

norrie

Post by norrie »

Back in the day I attended many a heavy metal/heavy rock gig mainly at the Edinburgh Playhouse mid eighties/early nineties.I remember seeing Ozzy,Iron Maiden (several times) AC/DC,Saxon,Def Leppard,Dio,Alice Cooper,Whitesnake,Aerosmith,Meat Loaf,The Firm (Jimmy Page/Paul Rodgers),Marillion,Bon Jovi,Dae Lee Roth,Motorhead,Brian May band and a few others.

Also went to Monsters of Rock festival Donnington.Iron Maiden headlined,Guns N Roses,Dave Lee Roth on the bill.

Pink Floyd at Manchester Maine Rd

and Queen at Wembley Stadium 1986.My favourite concert that I ever attended.Queen were and still are my favourite band.Springsteen at Hampden Park Glasgow comes very close though.

norrie

Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

Awesome Norrie!! What years did you see Iron Maiden? Did you see Ozzy with Randy Rhoads? Helloween was also at that Monsters of Rock right?

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Moonchild wrote:Elvis is my all time favorite..but my favorite band is Iron Maiden. Heavy Metal is my favorite genre..I listen to anything from Bathory to Firehouse. Great list of albums Scarre! While you are talking about April Wine..they were the very first band I ever seen in concert in 93..I was only 13. They were on the Attitude tour..a family member took me to the show because I liked older music..honestly I didnt know who they were at the time. :D I enjoyed the show & still have the tshirt from that show.
WoW! It just gets better...Firstly...Firehouse..."When I Look Into Your Eyes"...Yes, I'm a sucker for ballads...just as EP.
April Wine...really. It's such a privileged to meet someone that actually knows something about their music.
What a band.
Attitude is a very good record.
My favorite song is"Really Don't Want Your Love".
Glad to meet you!

steevefry

Post by steevefry »

Hard Rocker, your avatar it's Bon Scott ?

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

It sure is, my friend. Bon loved The King! : )

norrie

Post by norrie »

Moonchild wrote:Awesome Norrie!! What years did you see Iron Maiden? Did you see Ozzy with Randy Rhoads? Helloween was also at that Monsters of Rock right?

Iron Maiden probably 85,86,87,88, and possibly later as well.
Yeah,Helloween were the opening act.
I saw Ozzy on the Ultimate Sin tour so it would have been Jake E Lee on guitar.I wish I had seen him with Randy Rhoads.Fantastic guitarist still listen to Blizzard of Ozz and Diary Of a Madman to this day.I was a little too young to go to concerts when they came out.

norrie
Last edited by norrie on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Thunders "Backstreet Symphony"...What a record!

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Jake was some boy. Saw him a few times with OO. I actually much prefer the excellent work he did with the late Ray Gillan in Badlands. Classic debut album!

Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

Hell yea Hard Rocker!! Badlands is outstanding!! Cant believe you just named them!! Did you ever get to see them live?? By the way..I heard the cassette of Acdc/Dirty Deeds..when I was 5yrs old in 1985..that is what got me into hard rock/metal. Changed my life forever!!

mike edwards66

Post by mike edwards66 »

Greystoke wrote:I've also seen Bon Jovi........
I didn't realise we could have Bon Jon! In that case, here's a winner.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Excellent song. These Days - their last great album IMO, Mike.