Home is where the heart is

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Scarre
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Home is where the heart is

Post by Scarre »

Welcome back. Haven´t seen any posts by you anywhere else yet...

Topic author
rjm
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by rjm »

Scarre wrote:Welcome back. Haven´t seen any posts by you anywhere else yet...
They are there. But sporadically. My doctor wants me to keep "normal hours," so there's not a whole lot of time to dig in deeply. I am still adapting to this "normal hours" business - I stayed up till past midnight when I was 10 years old! I used to go to work on two hours sleep.

But take another look: I just posted now. It's just slowed down a lot: I will pick up the pace because I do love it here. (I was in "sinus tachycardia" and am now on Inderal. It's a little bit harder to concentrate and it affects your memory.) My heart was going up to 160 bpm continuously, my endocrine system was out of whack, so I am movin' kinda slow. For now.

Thanks for asking for more clarification.

rjm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 9 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

rjm wrote:
They are there. But sporadically. My doctor wants me to keep "normal hours," so there's not a whole lot of time to dig in deeply. I am still adapting to this "normal hours" business - I stayed up till past midnight when I was 10 years old! I used to go to work on two hours sleep.

But take another look: I just posted now. It's just slowed down a lot: I will pick up the pace because I do love it here. (I was in "sinus tachycardia" and am now on Inderal. It's a little bit harder to concentrate and it affects your memory.) My heart was going up to 160 bpm continuously, my endocrine system was out of whack, so I am movin' kinda slow. For now.

rjm

good to have you back 8)

-instagram kenh1964

Hobbes
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Hobbes »

I hope you're well. I've been enjoying your posts for years here.

Topic author
rjm

Post by rjm »

Thank you SO much! It's so complicated: what happened to me. I will try to explain when I understand it fully myself. Even now, I have another CT scan the day after my dad's birthday. He's getting an AWESOME cake! (An ENT doc ordered it because my larynx goes into spasm and I stop breathing. Periodically. I have the beginning of nodes in my vocal chords and wants a closer look.)

Thanks for your kindness, patience, and understanding. You guys and gals have always been my rock of Gibraltar and I normally share TMI. But now, I just don't have enough information myself.

So, right now,, I just want to jump back on the horse.

::rocks

Best,
Robin (rjm)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 9 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

rjm wrote:Thank you SO much! It's so complicated: what happened to me. I will try to explain when I understand it fully myself. Even now, I have another CT scan the day after my dad's birthday. He's getting an AWESOME cake! (An ENT doc ordered it because my larynx goes into spasm and I stop breathing. Periodically. I have the beginning of nodes in my vocal chords and wants a closer look.)

Thanks for your kindness, patience, and understanding. You guys and gals have always been my rock of Gibraltar and I normally share TMI. But now, I just don't have enough information myself.

So, right now,, I just want to jump back on the horse.

::rocks

Best,
Robin (rjm)
I'll hold the reigns, while you jump back on!

-instagram kenh1964

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

rjm wrote:

rjm

Thank you for your reply. I must admit that I totally missed this post of yours, sorry. Glad to hear that things are going the right way. Take care.

MaryAnn
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by MaryAnn »

I'm so glad to see you posting again, rjm.

Please take care of yourself, follow doctors' orders, and drop by whenever you feel up to it.

Topic author
rjm

Post by rjm »

MaryAnn wrote:I'm so glad to see you posting again, rjm.

Please take care of yourself, follow doctors' orders, and drop by whenever you feel up to it.
Thank you so much MaryAnn!

Yes, doctor's orders: one order was that I have to keep "normal hours" if I am ever to reclaim my health (no matter what they find in my throat next week). And I'm backsliding: hanging out in FECC at almost 11 PM.

But it's better than 4 AM! Image

I keep a sleep diary app and I honestly don't know how I even stayed alive!

Goodnight. Or good morning across the Pond! And thanks again to everyone. Image

Best,
Robin

Aeschylus

epf

Post by epf »

My thoughts and prayers are for you, Robin. It's been awhile since we spoke so i hope you remember me :).

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

rjm wrote:And I will be posting regularly *here* "at home" very soon.

No no please follow the doctor orders. :mrgreen:

Topic author
rjm

Post by rjm »

Francesc wrote:
rjm wrote:And I will be posting regularly *here* "at home" very soon.

No no please follow the doctor orders. :mrgreen:

rjm

Aeschylus

Topic author
rjm

Post by rjm »

epf wrote:My thoughts and prayers are for you, Robin. It's been awhile since we spoke so i hope you remember me :).
Thanks Ronald. Means a lot to me.

All the best,
Robin

P.S. -- Tomorrow I will have that other CT scan, this time of my neck because I am having laryngeal spasms of my throat. I stop breathing. It only lasts a minute but is very disturbing. And after that, I am supposed to sign up for speech therapy. Sometimes, it doesn't rain; it pours.

My life sometimes seems like the Perfect Country and Western Song. Image

Last edited by rjm on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aeschylus

Topic author
rjm

Post by rjm »

Greystoke wrote:Wishing you well, Robin. Good luck for tomorrow. I hope all goes well.
Thank you Greystoke. Since it happened again yesterday, in a restaurant, I am motivated to do it. But sometimes they want you to drink a humongous "cup" of some kind of disgusting pink water. Trying to think ahead to Saturday.

Thank you folks very much. And Fransesc, you made me smile. Image

Best,
Robin (rjm)

Aeschylus

lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

Robin, best wishes and good luck tomorrow. God bless.

Elvisly,

Linda

epf

Post by epf »

rjm wrote:
epf wrote:My thoughts and prayers are for you, Robin. It's been awhile since we spoke so i hope you remember me :).
Thanks Ronald. Means a lot to me.

All the best,
Robin

P.S. -- Tomorrow I will have that other CT scan, this time of my neck because I am having laryngeal spasms of my throat. I stop breathing. It only lasts a minute but is very disturbing. And after that, I am supposed to sign up for speech therapy. Sometimes, it doesn't rain; it pours.

My life sometimes seems like the Perfect Country and Western Song. Image

When you have the energy, let us know how things went. But for now, let the energy flow where it is needed. We will be rooting here for you.

Good thoughts for you,

Ronald.

Topic author
rjm

Post by rjm »

The test was okay; last fall, they couldn't get a vein and the whole thing with the nasty "big gulp."

Thank you Ronald and I sure hope you are doing well! It's a pleasure to hear from you!

rjm
::ROCKS

Aeschylus

epf

Post by epf »

How are you, Robin? How is everything? Please take care of yourself!

Love and best wishes,

Ronald.

Topic author
rjm

Post by rjm »

epf wrote:How are you, Robin? How is everything? Please take care of yourself!

Love and best wishes,

Ronald.
Thanks Ronald. Everything is . . . okay. Mostly. I will find out on Thursday the results of my latest CT scan of my larynx. I think if they found anything serious, they'd wouldn't have waited till Thursday. I seem to have bad inflammation in my larynx of unknown origin and the beginning of nodes and that's why I stop breathing and go into what they call "stridor." It usually happens with anaphylaxis, but I don't seem to be allergic to anything. Probably comes from living with a nearly deaf person. It's now happened about 7 times, and so I thus have decided to stop counting. It only kills babies; adults and children get through it.

(The doctors keep asking "do you sing?" Kinda funny, considering that I sing along with Elvis every day. A number of times a day. But the real throat shredders are those raw Dylan songs. "How does it feeeeeeeeeeellll???" Gets out all the frustrations. It's a drag not being able to do that.)

I can't explain how I ended up like a broken down car, shedding it's parts as it huffs and puffs down the road.

Thank you for asking. Hope you're doing okay, Ronald.

Best,
Robin

Aeschylus

MikeFromHolland
Registered for: 12 years

Post by MikeFromHolland »

I will find out on Thursday the results of my latest CT scan of my larynx.
I'll cross my fingers for you. Take care!

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

rjm wrote:Thanks Ronald. Everything is . . . okay. Mostly. I will find out on Thursday the results of my latest CT scan of my larynx. I think if they found anything serious, they'd wouldn't have waited till Thursday. I seem to have bad inflammation in my larynx of unknown origin and the beginning of nodes and that's why I stop breathing and go into what they call "stridor." It usually happens with anaphylaxis, but I don't seem to be allergic to anything. Probably comes from living with a nearly deaf person. It's now happened about 7 times, and so I thus have decided to stop counting. It only kills babies; adults and children get through it.

(The doctors keep asking "do you sing?" Kinda funny, considering that I sing along with Elvis every day. A number of times a day. But the real throat shredders are those raw Dylan songs. "How does it feeeeeeeeeeellll???" Gets out all the frustrations. It's a drag not being able to do that.)

I can't explain how I ended up like a broken down car, shedding it's parts as it huffs and puffs down the road.

Best,
Robin
Hurry up and get well already!

hurry up.jpg

Your presence is missed. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

epf

Post by epf »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm wrote:Thanks Ronald. Everything is . . . okay. Mostly. I will find out on Thursday the results of my latest CT scan of my larynx. I think if they found anything serious, they'd wouldn't have waited till Thursday. I seem to have bad inflammation in my larynx of unknown origin and the beginning of nodes and that's why I stop breathing and go into what they call "stridor." It usually happens with anaphylaxis, but I don't seem to be allergic to anything. Probably comes from living with a nearly deaf person. It's now happened about 7 times, and so I thus have decided to stop counting. It only kills babies; adults and children get through it.

Best,
Robin
Hurry up and get well already!

hurry up.jpg

Your presence is missed. ;-)

What the Doc said!

drjohncarpenter

Hope your update on March 3 (Thu) went OK ...

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

drjohncarpenter

drjohncarpenter wrote:Hope your update on March 3 (Thu) went OK ...
If anyone knows more about rjm's status, please do share. It's been a long while since her last login.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

George Smith
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by George Smith »

She is very well: her life has been somewhat busy of late, but I know she'll pop back in when the time is right.

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/