Off Topic Messages

Lisa Marie - Management ?

Wed May 14, 2003 2:09 am

Seeing how her father was shafted by his manager, I was just wondering, who is managing Lisa Marie ?

Or does she do it herself ?

Colin B

Wed May 14, 2003 2:41 am

Colin,

Her manager is a guy she has known all her life....Jerry Schilling.

Not only was he a Memphis Mafia member and he had a bit part in Frankie & Johnny, he spent the 1980s as manager for The Beach Boys.
Apparently with Priscilla's blessing, he has been doing manager-client stuff for Lisa for a long time now.
In 1994, he had a record deal prepared for Lisa but she didn't show up for the meeting and Jerry quickly found out it was because she suddenly went off and married that freak Jacko.
In 2002, Shilling resigned his position on the Memphis Music Commission. The press release didn't state why but we know now it was obviously to devote more time to Lisa's career. He had a lot of on-screen time in the recent E! True Hollywood Story about Lisa.

Wed May 14, 2003 2:58 am

Graceland Gardener -

Thanks for that.

He certainly keeps a low profile !

Never heard his name connected with Lisa Marie before !

Colin B

Wed May 14, 2003 3:12 am

And I Will Be the next manager of lisa

Wed May 14, 2003 9:34 am

Curtis Simpkins wrote:And I Will Be the next manager of lisa

Dream on Curtis.. :lol:

:roll:

Sat May 17, 2003 2:41 am

I believe that Lisa's manager is a guy named Scooter Weintraub. Don't know if he's related to Jerry Weintraub who was a promoter of Elvis and is a famous film director.

TCB

Randall :D

Sat May 17, 2003 5:45 pm

Lisa Marie's manager is Stephen "Scooter" Weintraub who also manages Sheryl Crow, Todd Wolfe

The phone number to Management:
http://www.toddwolfe.com/contact.php

Sat May 17, 2003 8:01 pm

You know Swedish, that doesn't surprise me! I just got the album and I think it is a cross between Sheryl Crow and Jewel. I like the sound. I think the album is a good effort. I give it a b- or c+ compared to other releases. As far as her A! I was shocked there was so much cussing. I actually like this. Though she should tone it down, it was still nice to hear the Presley that a lot of the world didn't get to hear. Elvis cussed like a sailor and these imports show it.

I think she try to get good songwriters and mix it up. I like her writing, but it still runs a little thin. Though time will tell. Hell maybe Jewel or Crow could write a song for her. She should pay them and try it. Probably will never happen though. Still there are tons of great songwriters, so why not use them?