Re: TERROR ATTACK IN FRANCE

Post by stibman »

jessewade wrote:
stibman wrote: Those people at Charlie were racists and islamophobs
Stop it . Please. You clearly don't know what you're talking about
Read a little about the background of the people who were killed
Antiracism was the fight of their lives you stupid
you can be ashamed of yourself
You are an idiot and you absolutely have no idea, i very much doubt that you are smart enough to understand another language, but if you do, here is a link to an article written by an ex Charlie employee in which he explains the islamophobia and racism of those people :
http://www.article11.info/?charlie-hebdo-pas-raciste-si-vou

Topic author
jessewade
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by jessewade »

stibman wrote: we have a saying in french : qui sème le vent récolte la tempête, something like :
He who sows the wind shall reap the whirlwind.
So you're a fellow citizen, aren't you ? I can understand some comments by non french posters who don't know the context of the whole stuff
but from a french member of this board, yeah once again you can really be ashamed of yourself
I' don't know what JEANETTE BOUGRAHB , charb's girlfriend would say about his deceased boyfriend "being a racist" ??????????????????????
Last edited by jessewade on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MEMBER BANNED FOREVER FOR MAKING RACIST/ANTISEMETIC ATTACKS AGAINST ANOTHER MEMBER.

Topic author
jessewade
Banned
Banned

Post by jessewade »

stibman wrote:
jessewade wrote:
You are an idiot and you absolutely have no idea, i very much doubt that you are smart enough to understand another language, but if you do, here is a link to an article written by an ex Charlie employee in which he explains the islamophobia and racism of those people :
Ah d'accord, belle reference. Les sites les plus pouilleux de l'ultra gauche....
Les collabos des intégristes musulmans devraient etre traités comme ont agis les hommes du GIGN hier. Avec une balle dans la tête
Ben oui je suis gaulois, pauv tache

MEMBER BANNED FOREVER FOR MAKING RACIST/ANTISEMETIC ATTACKS AGAINST ANOTHER MEMBER.

stibman
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by stibman »

jessewade wrote:
stibman wrote:
jessewade wrote:
Ah d'accord, belle reference. Les sites les plus pouilleux de l'ultra gauche....
Les collabos des intégristes musulmans devraient etre traités comme ont agis les hommes du GIGN hier. Avec une balle dans la tête
Ah ok, je vois à présent le genre de personnage à qui j'ai à faire, un raciste et un islamophobe patenté, et ce genre de triste événement doit t'enchanter et te conforter dans ta vision du monde, probablement au chômage ou bénéficiant de l'assistanat, reste tout seul dans ton coin à ruminer ta haine de l'autre, moi, je n'ai aucun problème avec les étrangers, je les préfère de loin à ceux de ton espèce.

Topic author
jessewade
Banned
Banned

Post by jessewade »

si t'aime tant les étrangers, n'hésite pas à partir t'installer chez eux, personne te retient . un ptit djihad en Syrie :lol: ?
La France n'a que mépris pour les collabos et les pourritures de ton espece

stibman

Post by stibman »

Je viens de réaliser que je suis en train de me rabaisser à ton niveau, j'arrête donc là.
Last edited by stibman on Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
jessewade
Banned
Banned

Post by jessewade »

Inch allah !

Gitchops83

Post by Gitchops83 »

:smt005 :smt003

javilu
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by javilu »

Bonjour, monsieur :D

So basically we have a magazine that was not funny, it was offensive and crap.

I thought they were pretty stupid when they released those cartoons but since they were politically incorrect with everyone, not only Muslims, I didn't find it racist per se (they've also made fun of Jews, Catholics, politicians, etc).
Now these idiotic terrorists, turned them into heroes, like it or not.
And the fact that some would shoot in commando style the whole staff of a magazine over some stupid cartoons shows the difficulty some of them have to adapt to a non-Muslim country.
Perhaps in places like Iran or Yemen it would be the normal thing to do, hanging or shooting someone offending a religion. But in France and most non-Muslim countries things are handled differently.
I am a hardcore Beatles and Elvis fanatic, does that give me the right to shoot people who ridicule Elvis or The Beatles?
If a woman walks the street in a mini skirt, does she deserve to be raped because she is showing her legs? Will you say "she had it coming"?

Food for thought

“Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.”

bray1977
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by bray1977 »

Well said Javilu.

50,000,000 Elvis fans cant be wrong.

stibman

Post by stibman »

javilu wrote:Bonjour, monsieur :D

I thought they were pretty stupid when they released those cartoons but since they were politically incorrect with everyone, not only Muslims, I didn't find it racist per se (they've also made fun of Jews, Catholics, politicians, etc).
And the fact that some would shoot in commando style the whole staff of a magazine over some stupid cartoons shows the difficulty some of them have to adapt to a non-Muslim country.
Perhaps in places like Iran or Yemen it would be the normal thing to do, hanging or shooting someone offending a religion. But in France and most non-Muslim countries things are handled differently.
I am a hardcore Beatles and Elvis fanatic, does that give me the right to shoot people who ridicule Elvis or The Beatles?
If a woman walks the street in a mini skirt, does she deserve to be raped because she is showing her legs? Will you say "she had it coming"?

Food for thought
Hola amigo javilu,
i consider that absolutely NOBODY should be murdered for ANY reason no matter what religion, sex, color of skin, ideology or any kind of reason, RESPECT must be the key word, and i feel very sad seeing what happened in France recently, now everybody is blaming ALL muslims, forgetting that 2 muslims were killed during that attack, 1 of them a policeman, those mad bastards killed 12 but harmed 6 million muslims that live in France, it was already very difficult for them before, but from now on, who knows what will happen.
Un abrazo i hasta pronto.

Bodie
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Bodie »

stibman wrote:

Food for thought
Hola amigo javilu,
i consider that absolutely NOBODY should be murdered for ANY reason no matter what religion, sex, color of skin, ideology or any kind of reason, RESPECT must be the key word, and i feel very sad seeing what happened in France recently, now everybody is blaming ALL muslims, forgetting that 2 muslims were killed during that attack, 1 of them a policeman, those mad bastards killed 12 but harmed 6 million muslims that live in France, it was already very difficult for them before, but from now on, who knows what will happen.
Not everybody is blaming ALL Muslims.

Just the ignorant ones.

Gitchops83

Post by Gitchops83 »

Welcome back Jav

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by rjm »

Bodie wrote:
stibman wrote:

Food for thought
Hola amigo javilu,
Not everybody is blaming ALL Muslims.

Just the ignorant ones.
Thank you Bodie. And hi Javi!

I think you all need to read this article. (Sorry, I can't translate into French. I also can't read it. {clearing throat})

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/10/this-muslim-clerk-at-the-paris-kosher-store-risked-his-life-to-save-jewish-shoppers/

Let's honor the good folks!

Oh, and if it was okay to shoot really offensive racist, sexist, homophobic sex maniacs, Daniel Tosh would six feet under right now! While I think he's an idiot, I am glad he's alive and well.

WARNING! FOR ADULTS ONLY! CLICK ONLY IF YOU ARE 18! (I wish Comedy Central had that warning, but 16-year-olds are Tosh.0's stock-in-trade.)

http://tosh.cc.com/

rjm
EDITED for clarity regarding "Comedy Central."
Last edited by rjm on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

norrie
Registered for: 20 years

Post by norrie »

This was on the front page of the Sunday Post today.It's not a paper I read as it's a bit fuddy duddy but Oor Wullie (a cartoon in the paper) is a Scottish institution so I found this very poignant.
image.jpg

Just so you can see what this means here is how Oor Wullie is usually presented as Oor Willie,Your Wullie,A'body's Wullie.

oor wullie.jpg

http://www.sundaypost.com/news-views/scotland/charlie-hebdo-why-a-body-has-a-right-to-freedom-of-speech-1.781212

norrie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by norrie on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

George Smith
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by George Smith »

I grew up with Wullie and The Broons: poignant indeed.

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

rjm wrote:(I wish Comedy Central had that warning, but 16-year-olds are their stock-in-trade.)
I sure hope that was a tongue-in-cheek statement.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
jessewade
Banned
Banned

Post by jessewade »

nearly 4 million people rally accross France to denounce terror and defend freedom and free speech
People of all races, opinions, etc...Not bad for a "hateful newspaper, racists and islamophob" ....

Gitchops83

Post by Gitchops83 »

How many were there just to jump on the band wagon?

Seriously people who have never heard of the magazine suddenly are professing their un dying love for it. :facep:

Topic author
jessewade
Banned
Banned

Post by jessewade »

Gitchops83 wrote:How many were there just to jump on the band wagon?

Seriously people who have never heard of the magazine suddenly are professing their un dying love for it. :facep:
Yeah, that very funny indeed. I'd say 70% had never heard of it .
I completely disapproved Charlie's hebdo' leftist opinions and as a christian I was offended by their cartoons but freedom of speech is what France is all about so it's kind of comforting
to see so many people in the streets to defend it. Plus, it shows that we're at war agains islamic terrorism , something many naive ones forgot.

Gitchops83

Post by Gitchops83 »

And dont forget utterly " forgettable so called celebrities" using it to look cool and hUmanitariaN

Pete Dube
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Pete Dube »

I occasionally make French jokes on this board, but as an act of solidarity with the French board members and the people of France I say "Viva La France!"

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

I don't think that's what has happened at all. people aren't professing their love for the magazine itself, but for freedom of speech (in other words, what it stood for).

Gitchops83

Post by Gitchops83 »

Oh

JaneTLC
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by JaneTLC »

poormadpeter wrote:

I don't think that's what has happened at all. people aren't professing their love for the magazine itself, but for freedom of speech (in other words, what it stood for).
I agree. I had never heard of Charlie Hebdo, to be honest (I live in Italy). But journalism and satire are what they are, and have been going strong for a long time (and long may they continue).

I am still getting my head around all of this. Not just these two related incidents but where do things head from here?
In my little world anyone's fair game for satire; I don't follow any religion and I avoid Italian politics like the plague. I didn't grow up in the pc world, but I have adjusted and tend to know when to rein it in and when things would be out of line. Thus I still - mostly -get on with people who worship different deities and live in different cultures.
However, I am disgusted at the murders, and my western, atheist brain cannot comprehend how someone can go from seeing an irreverent cartoon to coldbloodedly planning and then mowing down the illustrators and editors who produced it.
It's madness. I'm aware that the vast majority of the Islamic world is made to look bad by these manipulated youths doing their jihad thing, but these few days past I have also seen apparent Muslims saying words to the effect of, "As you sow so shall you reap", or "That's what ya gonna get if ya mess with Allah, who is awesome", etc etc.
It's like the effing crusades all over again, and we've long been out of the middle ages. Not all of us, evidently smt195

I don't give a monkey's who people choose to worship, if they must, but I wish they'd keep it to themselves, I really do. I'm also anxiously awaiting the inevitable psychological analysis of the two brothers who were, if I am not mistaken, orphans.

I do think an invisible line has been crossed by these murders, and hope that it will long provide food for thought for both sides of the question.
Personally I applaud Charlie Hebdo for continuing: freedom of speech is one of the basic rights of our society, here anyway. Nobody should have the right to intimidate anyone into not saying what they think. I remember the 'Troubles' very well; I was a student and forever having my bag searched in London. I also remember very clearly my dad taking me to Speaker's Corner one Sunday, and there were IRA sympathisers on soapboxes freely ranting about how much they hated the English establishment. I was shocked, but as my dad (ex-British Army) said, it's called free speech.

I believe there are actual laws in place in Italy and several other European countries against 'blasphemy', which cover not only the Catholic religion but others too.
Maybe France would like to look into that as an option, because I don't think Islam should be treated any differently to any other religion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_law