Off Topic Messages

info on Fabricio F.B. Castro in Brazil

Mon May 12, 2003 6:10 pm

I'm still waiting for my cd's from Fabricio F.B. Castro in Brazil, for which I sent 120 usd registered priority post months ago! Nobody here seems to know about him (yet), which I find very strange since he used to post on the old MB regularly. This MB is now deleted so tracking him down here via his old IP number is impossible. He must have sold to others besides me, because he had a great list, which eventually can be used against him if he doesn't come forth and send the cd's/refund the money.

To make matters worse, he doesn't answer anymore to any of my urgent e-mails, which strengthens my believe this guys is another rip-off artist, that needs to be brought to the attention of all of you, and of his local authorities, possibly the ifpi and his own family (by sending a registered letter to his parents). It seems the only way left to deal with these devious characters is the hard way.

I only have this guy's home adress (which I cannot type here because of FECC regulation) and his e-mail adress:

epboulevard3764@zipmail.com.br

If anyone recognizes this e-mail adress, knows about him and/or is willing to help me out in any way, please feel free to contact me by e-mail. Thanks!

Mon May 19, 2003 4:27 pm

James,
I remember this jerk weed. He wanted me to send him all this money up front, and then copped a huge attitude when I refused. I'm sorry he got you.

Tom

Tue May 20, 2003 12:59 pm

Hi Tom. Yes I was too confident in sending him that amount of cash. Since I posted this thread I received a couple more testimonials from people "had" by this guy.

Some other members have offered to help out in different ways through email. I would like to thank them all for their responses, and will keep them updated should anything happen. I'm giving Fabricio a little more time (he has been given months already :roll: ) by his own request, and then I will act in different ways all at once. If I'm not refunded or delivered to by that time, he will be sorry he tricked me and the others so openly. He will not know what hit him. :twisted:

Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:29 am

Still no news and no cd's from this guy...

Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:44 am

I remember him.

He sent me his list once, which had some pretty rare titles on it (like 'Sings Hits From His Movies' and 'Almost In Love').
I responded that I was interested in 4 rare CD's. He mailed me back that they were all gone already. Too bad. But a few hours later he mailed me again and said he found extra copies of all of them! Now this is not impossible of course, but it seemed very unlikely to me that he could have access to multiple copies of these 4 very rare titles within hours.

In another email that same day, he said that I would not be charged any shipping costs because I was such a good friend (and I never talked to the guy before!)
He went on to say that he would lower his prices, even though we had already agreed on a price in the first place.
I received a further three emails that day asking me if I'd already sent him payment.

Because of all this, I decided not to get into business with him and I never responded again to his emails.

Good luck to you James.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:08 pm

Thanks for your reaction, Bob. You made a wise decsision not to trust him. I wish I would have been more prudent. It seems this guy is not an unknown anymore in the Elvis collecting world. Here are some of the messages I received from fellow Elvis collectors concerning him (I didn't mention their names out of respect for their privacy):

To: James27
Posted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:16 pm
Subject: Re: Fabricio F.B. CAstro
Hi James,
first of all, sorry for the delay in answer you.

About your question, sorry but I can't help you, I have not made any kind of deal with that person and neither I have heard anything form him.

Fortunatly you received an email from him and you'll receive a refound.
A friend sent him money too, to buy 2 cds, so I hope he had received an email too to clarify this situation, because she had sent to him 2 emails, without any answer received.
He was interested in:
- Have some fun tonight and
- Pontiac 1975

So, no titles repeated so far.

Bye, have a nice day.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:14 pm
Subject: info on Fabricio F.B. Castro in Brazil
You can find him at Aloha Elvis Central Scotland Fan Club Message Board/Forum:
http://www.voy.com/114029/12.html

Posted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:54 pm
Sorry James...
I´ve never heard of him. Belo Horizonte (the city) is far away from here (São Paulo), where I live.
Anyway, I´ll ask some e-friends of mine to see if anyone know him, OK?

Regards

Posted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:46 pm
Subject: Fabricio Castro,
I´m sorry James, but I never heard about this guy, I may try to contact him if you wish.
But keep in mind that Brazilian postal service is very slow and unsafe. The best way to send a parcel would be register the package. This way it will be garanteed that you will receive the contents.
Hope to have helped you in some way.

Posted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:09 am
No idea, I have never heard that name before, also Im not from Brazil so I cannot help. What I can help is that Caixa Postal means PO Box. So you really dont have his home address. Sorry man.

Hi there. Please let me know which cds he owes you. It will be interesting
to see if any are the same as mine. I will forward the list to him and see
what I can do for you. I am in the UK and do have friends in Brazil *********************************************.
I look forward to hearing from you.

----- Original Message -----
To: "********" <*******************>
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 3:38 PM
Subject: RE: guy in brazil

> Hello there again. Just to let you know i received today my cds from our
> friend in Brazil.
> I think I only got them because I threatened to send some of my brazilian
> friends round to his house. Did you receive yours??
>
> Regards
>
> ****
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "*******" <***************************>
> To: "********" <*******************>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 10:44 PM
> Subject: RE: guy in brazil
>
>
> > Hello. I have received an email from our brazillian "friend". He has
> changed
> > his email address.
> > It is:
> > fabriciocastro@elvis.com
> > I think he is getting worried as I told him if he does not return my
money
> > or send the cds I will send round to his house some friends of mine in
> > brazil, which is true.
> > Email him and see if you get a response.
> > Let me know
> >
> > ****

> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: <***************************>
> > To: <*******************>
> > Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 6:07 PM
> > Subject: guy in brazil
> >
> >
> > Hello James27,
> >
> > The following is an email sent to you by ******* via your account on
> > http://www.elvis-collectors.com. If this message is spam, contains abusive or
> other
> > comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at
> the
> > following address:
> >
> > kaauw@home.nl
> >
> > Include this full email (particularly the headers). Please note that the
> > reply address to this email has been set to that of *******.
> >
> > Message sent to you follows
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > Hi there. Saw your post on the message board. I too sent him $90 and got
> > nothing. He said there was nothing in the envelope. He longer replys to
> > emails. Unfortunately this happens sometimes. I will eventually find a
way
> > to deal with this guy. In the end they get greedy and are easier to
catch.
> >
> > *******
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>

To: '********'

Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 12:39 PM

Hallo ***,

ik heb deze man in maart ook een som gestuurd vr. enkele cds, en net als jij niets ontvangen!! hou me op de hoogte aub, veel geluk...

Groetjes

To: *****
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 3:04 AM
Subject: Fabricio F.B. Castro

Hi ***,
I did not do any buissenes with that guy, it was to risky, and i also got some warnings that he could not be trusted.
Hope it turnes out ok for you, but it have gone over a month now, so he should have got your mail by now, so i think that your money are lost.
Have he been on the messageboard laterly ?
Try to ask about him on the messageboard, i did that with a guy one time, i got greate suport by other people on the board, and i even got the cd`s from the guy i order it from, so it helps to post his name on the board.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:27 pm

I am very sorry that this happened. I guess this should be a lesson to the rest of us: Once someone has been proven to be a liar and a cheat he/she should be avoided at all costs and exposed to all for the scum that they truly are. Folks like this really burn me up because they make it nearly impossible for those of us that are honest to deal thru the mail. Hopefully, some good will come from this.

Tom

Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:58 pm

Perhaps if we follow the example voiced by Elvis (break their G.D. neck and pull their G.D. tongue out by the roots) when it comes to jerks like that, or am I not being tolernat enough - hmmmmm?

Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:10 am

The guy still refuses to answer any e-mails. If any members of this MB want to help me out by sending him a short e-mail requesting he send me my cd's or a refund, it would be appreciated...

This way he will think twice before messing with Elvis fans again, it could end his deceit once and for all when he realises he is not up to only one individual at a time. This could benefit all of us in the long run. Thanks in advance.

mail to: fabriciocastro@elvis.com (Brazil)

update 16/6/03: still no reaction from Castro...

Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:56 pm

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:17 am
Subject: Re: Fabricio Castro
Hello James

I sent him a e-mail last week and so far no answer. Looking in this situation and in the fact that he dont even bothered to answer me, I think he coudnt care less for what happened James, and sincerily I think he is telling a lie to you.
I´m sorry this happened to you, but I gues the world is full of this kind of people. The good thing is that at the very least this is one more that we uncovered and I think you should spread the word.
Feel free to write me anytime.

update 18-6-03: no word from Castro!

Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:57 am

update 20/6/03:

today I received a message from a loyal fellow collector and member of this MB about Castro's sudden "promise" he has send me my cd's....
Strangely enough Castro never notified me about this... :roll: I "sealed" the letter with extra-strong adhesive tape btw, not glue. How would he know anyway how I sealed it, since he claims he never received my letter???!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Seems to me he is telling another lie and buying time. But let's see what happens...

Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:27 pm
Subject: fabricio
Hello James.

This morning I received a answer from Fabricio, and he said to me that he sent you the CD´s already. He said that the problems occured because you sealed the envelope with some kind of glue that makde it easy to open, and that someone at the post office may have took advantage of it. He said that he decided to send you the Cd´s anyway, to put a end to to all the mess.
Let´s see if he´s telling you the truth.

To: <tom.mees@pandora.be>
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: cd order

HI TOM,

STILL I DON´T HAVE NEWS ABOUT THE MONEY.
TOM, SAID ME THE VALUE THAT YOUR POST OFFICE PAY FOR
YOU.

YOUR FRIEND,

FABRICIO

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:04:13 +0200, "Tom Mees" wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> Why don't you answer my e-mails? I'm waiting for my
> cd's...
>
> regards
>
> Tom Mees
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Tom Mees" <tom.mees@pandora.be>
> To: "Fabricio Castro" <fabriciocastro@elvis.com>
> Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 12:11 AM
> Subject: Re: cds
>
> > Hi Fabricio,
> >
> > Still no news about the money? Isn' t the 3-month
> period to receive the
> > indemnity over by now? Me and my friends eagerly
> await my cd's. Please
> keep
> > me updated regularly, it was a big amount of money I
> invested in these
> > cd's...
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Tom
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Fabricio Castro" <fabriciocastro@elvis.com>
> > To: <tom.mees@pandora.be>
> > Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 3:43 PM
> > Subject: Re: cds
> >
> >
> > > On Wed, 28 May 2003 00:32:16 +0200, "Tom Mees"
> wrote:
> > > MY FRIEND,
> > >
> > > WHEN I HAVE NEWS, I WRITE YOU.
> > > AND YOU??? THE YOUR POST OFFICE PAY THE YOUR MONEY
> OR
> > > OTHER VALUE???
> > >
> > > YOUR FRIEND,
> > >
> > > FABRICIO
> > > >
> > > > Hi Fabricio,
> > > >
> > > > It's been another 15 days. Still no news from
your
> > > post
> > > > office?
> > > >
> > > > regards
> > > >
> > > > Tom

Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:25 am

James - never, never make your first purchase a big one. Whenever in doubt, always ask your fellow fans / collectors on this MB for advice.

N8
... just a fan ....

Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:34 pm

N880EP, you're absolutely right. And usually I do place a smaller order when I buy some cd's for the first time (and I've bought from over the whole world). But I did ask around by e-mail about this guy before I made the purchase, and nobody seemed to know about him then... it was only after I understood I'd been had, and posted about it here, that the stories and support came pouring in. I should have sent him a much smaller amount, that's for sure. Maybe for 1 or 2 cd's to begin with.

Since he promised fellow FECC member he would send the cd's to me, I held him to his promise in another e-mail I sent. No reaction yet...
Anyone who's been in this situation before, probably knows how terribly frustrating this is. :x

Has anybody who posted to him got an answer back explaining himself, or promising to send the cd's - just curious to know, because he left me -the guy that sent him the cash to begin with- in the cold...

F.B. CASTRO: NOTHING HAS BEEN SOLVED

Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:32 am

STILL nothing has been solved with F.B. Castro. He even lied to a fellow collector and member that he already sent the cd's to me. When I confronted Castro with this he told me that this collector, a respected member here, misunderstood. This respected member however confirmed me he understood it right indeed, and that Fabricio is again a lying, evil son-of-a-b*tch, which I already knew.

For those who only now heard about him: he's the guy from Brazil who took my 120 usd cash (sent priority + registered) and never sent my cd's.
He told me he never got my payment (while my postal service confirms he has) and that I had to wait 3 months before he would get an indemnity from his own postal service after which he would send my cd's. The 3 months are over since the end of June 2003. I hate this guy and if I could I would tear open his f*cking skull! Excuse me people, but this kind of malice drives me crazy. :evil:

He's not only been leading me on, but several others (worse than Kevin Head who at least made an effort to redeem his mistakes) as well. Who's gonna be next: you?

Wanna help ? Just mail to: fabriciocastro@elvis.com (Brazil) or mail me and I'll give you his adress for your angry letters. :!:
He should send my cd's OR get me a full refund.
Thank You.

Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:56 am

Sorry to hear of your troubles, James. At least your efforts might expose this clown for the idiot that he is. Chin up!

Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:30 am

Thanks KHoots. It's a warming thought there are still some very good people left in the Elvis collector's world, who care about Elvis and his music first (and their fellow collectors), and not about making money by deceiving and lying.