Off Topic Messages

Re: Sticky FECC?

Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:27 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:So, how's that new, free Chrome browser working for you?

To be honest, I can't say as yet whether the same problem is occurring there as I have yet to write a post of more than a paragraph or so on here whilst using it. It's only long posts that the problem seems to occur.

Maybe that's God's will. ;-)

Are you saying that with sarcasm, because you John, are obviously an atheist.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:28 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Does anyone else have the problem when typing replies etc that, after a number of lines, the whole thing just freezes, then the flashing cursor goes on go slow and what you type takes about 5 minutes to make it to the screen? I'm guessing it's a normal problem as it's on both my desktop and laptop? But does anyone know why? Is it an IE problem?

You need to scan your PC using your anti virus software. There are a couple of viruses floating around these past few days, according to Microsoft.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:37 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Does anyone else have the problem when typing replies etc that, after a number of lines, the whole thing just freezes, then the flashing cursor goes on go slow and what you type takes about 5 minutes to make it to the screen? I'm guessing it's a normal problem as it's on both my desktop and laptop? But does anyone know why? Is it an IE problem?

You need to scan your PC using your anti virus software. There are a couple of viruses floating around these past few days, according to Microsoft.

It's not virus related. It's been like it a long while.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 am

If I intend to write a longish post, I tend to use a word processor or on mobile, a specialized note-taking app. And then copy and paste.

I just try to be careful with the BB Code. I only have some problems when using the desktop version of mobile browsers. The text slips down in the box. So, I use either mobile style or tapatalk. Never had a problem on the desktop, but still compose outside the browser if it's a longer post. Otherwise, I just end up editing it a million times.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 am

Might try chrome,currently use firefox.is it better than ol foxy?

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:23 am

keninlincs wrote:Might try chrome,currently use firefox.is it better than ol foxy?

Oh, yeah.

Whatever you think of Google's "world domination," they make slammin' products!

First, the browser is superb.

Next, you have a marvelous and vast choice of apps that are very often cross-platform. And they work with 3rd party app developers like Evernote. You gotta surf with "Clearly"! For any researcher, it's an answer to a prayer.

On my Beast (my laptop ;) ), I have so many cool browser apps! I can send any product to my amazon wish list, from anywhere on the web. Very orderly, and you can make better decisions. The maps are without peer, of course. Chrome-To-Phone sends anything right to your phone! In fact, the cross platform integration is unbeatable.

Long list! Why would I even dream of going back to IE? And I understand Firefox ain't what it used to be. And certainly lacks all these magnificent perks. I only scratched the surface!

Still, I do love Lynx. <3

rjm

Sent via mobile

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:42 am

Thanks Robin,i will give it a try

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:38 pm

rjm wrote:Chrome-To-Phone sends anything right to your phone! In fact, the cross platform integration is unbeatable.

Long list! Why would I even dream of going back to IE? And I understand Firefox ain't what it used to be. And certainly lacks all these magnificent perks. I only scratched the surface!

Hmmm - that Chrome-To-Phone feature sounds intriguing. I've been a Firefox user, but I may need to give Chrome a try.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:01 pm

You're welcome; these apps and features are fun. Some have become necessary. "Clearly" for Evernote has to be experienced!

rjm

Sent via mobile

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:07 pm

No apps for me.....I still have not gotten around to buying an I-phone/smartphone. I'm still living in the mid 20th century. Heck, I still use rotary phones......lol

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:No apps for me.....I still have not gotten around to buying an I-phone/smartphone. I'm still living in the mid 20th century. Heck, I still use rotary phones......lol

Well, the world needs someone with a reverence for history. (I'm serious.) But I stopped fighting it; this is all too much fun!

I am just bummed that my phone only has 16 gigs of internal memory, and you can't put apps and important data on the sd card. Which means I have a useless 32 gig sd card, and I am running out of space!

I can upgrade in November to keep my current plan. (Which is when the Note 4 will be out! Wahooo! I hope for 64 gigs of internal memory.)

Why the need for more space? MORE APPS!!!

rjm

Sent via mobile