Off Topic Messages

Rob has left FECC for good....please return !!!

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Very sad...one of the best guys around has left..Rob..please reconsider..your input is greatly missed.
this I found on monkey forum..

Hello, boys and girls. I appreciate the concern here. I have been a member here, as Colin mentioned for quite awhile, but was never here much. It's great seeing some names that I had forgotten about. Hope everyone is healthy and doing well. I received an email from a friend this morning saying that I should post on this thread to explain what is going on with me. After being on the FECC message board for over ten years, I have been in the same discussion over various topics time and time again. I found myself giving the same answers over and over again. I've contributed as much as I possibly can. I mostly went to the forum for entertainment purposes (there are some funny bastards over there without them trying to be). However, I have always said that when I no longer enjoyed it, I would stop posting. I said the same thing several years back, but came back after several weeks. When I left before, I did make a brief farewell speech. I didn't do that this time. I just deleted the account and left. I won't be back. There are some good folks over at FECC and I hope that they all live long and prosperous lives. I had fun with them for a long time. My job keeps me much busier than I care to be and it seems like I am traveling more and more. Not only have I lost interest in message boards, I don't have the time I used to have as well. While I don't care for growing older, I do look forward to retirement some day.

Yes, that is me in the pic above. I went to fort Sill, Oklahoma last May for a reunion and had a blast. I took basic training there in 1983. I even volunteered to go back through the gas chamber with the new recruits (don't ask why).

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well over here. You are a good bunch of people who apparently love Elvis and I wish you all the success in the world. I will keep collecting as always and will more than likely get most every release that comes down the pike. Please support FTD as much as you can. They have been a Godsend to us and I hope they continue as long as they possibly can.

I do hope someone at FECC sees this and can copy and paste in case anyone cares. I had some great times there and I hope they are there for a long, long time. I wish the same for you guys here. Keep on rockin' and keep enjoying the music. In the end, it's what it's all about.

Take care, FECC and Monkey. I wish nothing but the best for you.

Damn it!

Re: Rob has left FECC for good....please return !!!

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82009

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:45 pm

:mrgreen:

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:55 pm

It's (nearly) always sad to see someone leave but, in the end, circumstances and priorities change for all of us at various points, and we have to respect that. Even I disappeared once for a year or two. One can only wish Rob the best - I'm sure he knows he will always be welcomed back should he ever wish to return.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:37 am

poormadpeter wrote:Even I disappeared once for a year or two.

Even you.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:39 am

Francesc wrote:http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82009

Yup. Four pages of discussion there, including that stuff copied from the monkey crap forum.

Where were you, Joachim?

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:52 am

"Rob has left the building , Thank you and good night" in my best Al Dorvin voice!

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 am

Gonna miss you, Rob. I appreciate your humor and insight. All the best to you and yours. Thanks for everything. Hope to hear from you again.

rlj

Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:53 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Even I disappeared once for a year or two.

Even you.

Too bad it was only a year or two...

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:33 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Yup. Four pages of discussion there, including that stuff copied from the monkey crap forum.

Where were you, Joachim?

Very rarely off topic John..... :wink: ...

And..Rob..has deserved not only 2 threads...he is worth a whole side with 25 topics.
He was the soul of this forum.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:53 pm

:(

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:43 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Where were you, Joachim?

tasteful.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:11 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Where were you, Joachim?

???

Don't you like Rob?

How can you not??

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Where were you, Joachim?

???

Don't you like Rob?

How can you not??

Please allow me to explain, Rob posted his farewell message on a forum other than this one, The doc doesn`t like that that forum hence his immature Monkey crap comment, Thus resulting in the following.....................

throw teddy out of pram.jpg

Hope this helps.

Alan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:31 pm

No matter when and where on earth I find that Rob has left us..I would post it here immediately.
I rarely visit other forums and off topic sections...that`s why I am a bit late..anyway..I found it too
important to not report it...I don`t care whether we already have another thread or not..I`d even post it a second time..Rob was too important for me..as a person and as a contributer to this forum.
Rob,..you`ll be missed..you belong to the good guy fraction.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Chad Gates wrote:The doc doesn`t like that that forum .

Name one thing or person the Doc actually likes besides himself....and I'll buy you a house. :facep:

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:42 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:

Name one thing or person the Doc actually likes besides himself....and I'll buy you a house. :facep:

The Beatles and Bruce springsteen.

I will meet you at the estate agents first thing tomorrow morning :lol:

Alan.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:57 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:

ME :D ..... now i have just the House in mind for you to buy for me :lol:

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:08 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:

Me...true, John..?... :wink:

Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:05 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Where were you, Joachim?

If it's so crap why on earth you always come back to read it?

Yes, we know you do.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:13 pm

Ciscoking wrote:No matter when and where on earth I find that Rob has left us..I would post it here immediately.
I rarely visit other forums and off topic sections...that`s why I am a bit late..anyway..I found it too
important to not report it...I don`t care whether we already have another thread or not..I`d even post it a second time..Rob was too important for me..as a person and as a contributer to this forum.
Rob,..you`ll be missed..you belong to the good guy fraction.

It sounds like the poor guy died. If he is so important to you, I'm sure you have his email to communicate with him.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:28 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Where were you, Joachim?

And..Rob..has deserved not only 2 threads...he is worth a whole side with 25 topics.

By "where were you," of course I mean regarding the original FECC topic which included his "bye bye" comments, and whose link is clearly included in my post.

There are a great number of wonderful people who visit this place, and I treasure them all. But it is a fact that for all of Rob's "soulfulness," when he decided to split, he told no one, and deleted his account.

Coming from someone whose words we appreciated for years and years, that seemed extremely contrary to his oft-stated views on how to treat this forum, and more than a little like saying "f-you" to this place.

You are welcome to present a different take on his exodus.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:42 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Where were you, Joachim?

By "where were you," of course I mean regarding the original FECC topic which included his "bye bye" comments, and whose link is clearly included in my post.

There are a great number of wonderful people who visit this place, and I treasure them all. But it is a fact that for all of Rob's "soulfulness," when he decided to split, he told no one, and deleted his account.

Coming from someone whose words we appreciated for years and years, that seemed extremely contrary to his oft-stated views on how to treat this forum, and more than a little like saying "f-you" to this place.

You are welcome to present a different take on his exodus.

Perhaps he'd had enough of one of its members.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Doc, I totally agree. I liked Rob as much as anyone, and appreciated his knowledge and humor. But get a grip, folks. This is an Elvis Presley message board. Some of you are acting as if a family member passed away. He left without saying a word, then posted his farewell message on another board, and "hoped" it would be posted here. And if that departure is challenged in any way, shape or form, it's based on jealousy? Boloney.

Rob is more than welcome to do whatever he wishes, but his actions reek a bit of ego, in my opinion......

Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:24 am

poormadpeter wrote:Perhaps he'd had enough of one of its members.

Nod nod, wink wink?