Off Topic Messages

the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Where could this plane be folks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_A ... Flight_370

Re: the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:18 pm

There's a theory that I subscribe to: An ex professional pilot who now teaches pilots on simulators stated that a possible cause was Oxygen decompression in the cockpit., the pilot's lose conscientiousness. Perhaps they had attempted to turn back realising they had lost control. The plane would then travel on auto pilot on remaining fuel which would land them somewhere in the Indian Ocean as the aircraft would have had 3000 miles of fuel left.You can't joke when people's lives are at stake but I see this as a likely scenario.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:14 pm

Delboy wrote:There's a theory that I subscribe to: An ex professional pilot who now teaches pilots on simulators stated that a possible cause was Oxygen decompression in the cockpit., the pilot's lose conscientiousness. Perhaps they had attempted to turn back realising they had lost control. The plane would then travel on auto pilot on remaining fuel which would land them somewhere in the Indian Ocean as the aircraft would have had 3000 miles of fuel left.You can't joke when people's lives are at stake but I see this as a likely scenario.

I've been reading up on various explanations and conspiracy theories. The above is plausible, but surely there would be oil spill or debris. Granted, the search area is massive, so finding anything can take a long time.. and logic has to come into it.

I don't know what it's like to fall asleep by oxygen depravation, but I imagine if it's anything like falling asleep at the wheel of a car, a pilot would ask the co pilot to take over or vice versa. You tend to realise when you're getting overly sleepy. Man, it's horrible thinking about it.. I hope they find an answer soon, for the sake of the relatives.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:24 pm

KevinK wrote:
Delboy wrote:There's a theory that I subscribe to: An ex professional pilot who now teaches pilots on simulators stated that a possible cause was Oxygen decompression in the cockpit., the pilot's lose conscientiousness. Perhaps they had attempted to turn back realising they had lost control. The plane would then travel on auto pilot on remaining fuel which would land them somewhere in the Indian Ocean as the aircraft would have had 3000 miles of fuel left.You can't joke when people's lives are at stake but I see this as a likely scenario.

I've been reading up on various explanations and conspiracy theories. The above is plausible, but surely there would be oil spill or debris. Granted, the search area is massive, so finding anything can take a long time.. and logic has to come into it.

I don't know what it's like to fall asleep by oxygen depravation, but I imagine if it's anything like falling asleep at the wheel of a car, a pilot would ask the co pilot to take over or vice versa. You tend to realise when you're getting overly sleepy. Man, it's horrible thinking about it.. I hope they find an answer soon, for the sake of the relatives.

Really horrible. The passengers likely locked out of the cockpit, and nobody knows to arouse the pilots until its too late. Passengers think they are on their way to their destination until they are heading south into the ocean when fuel runs out.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Latest news on GMA is there are 3 systems, and 2 are manually cut off. The investigation reveals that the separate timing of the cutoff shows deliberate attempts to cut off communication with the rest of the world by someone who knows what they are doing.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:55 am

This is why I don't fly. One reason, anyhow.

The plane was probably hijacked.

elvis4life wrote:Where could this plane be folks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_A ... Flight_370

That plane was hijacked.

Either it was hijacked or it slipped into Haseline's time-space continuim and the passengers woke up on a planet dominated by Apes!

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:35 am

The signal transponders were deliberately shut off to evade radar detection. Yes, it's most likely a hi-jacking and not pilot error. How sad. Thoughts and Prayers go out to the victim's families. :cry:

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:57 pm

It'll be in North Korea or they'll have shot it down - someone will have shot it down as the plane enters their airspace and was unresponsive only the UK piss about the rest of the world don't

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Suddenly, I feel like watching LOST all over again...

Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:12 pm

It flew very high then went back down again and levelled out.
Someone in the cockpit did that.

radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appeared to show the airliner climbing to 45,000ft, higher than a Boeing 777's approved limit, soon after its disappearance from civilian radar, then making a sharp turn to the west. The radar tracking then shows the plane descending unevenly to 23,000ft, below normal cruising levels, before climbing again and flying north-west towards the Indian Ocean.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/m ... -questions

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:31 pm

With all the technology in todays world, im surprised there wasn't a device inside the black box or anywhere else on the plane that can detect where it is if it crashes or goes missing.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Mister Mike wrote:Suddenly, I feel like watching LOST all over again...

We have to go back, Kate!
WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!!!

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:25 pm

What bothers me about this is why did the pilot of the plane, before they went off of radar, say: "Goodnight, Flight MH-370"???

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:13 pm

Tony Trout wrote:What bothers me about this is why did the pilot of the plane, before they went off of radar, say: "Goodnight, Flight MH-370"???

There's an explanation for that. He didn't actually say the number. He said things were "ok." Normally, before the "handoff" they give official info about the flight, the number, and other stats. And THEN say "good night."

Some think it was a kind of distress message.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:22 pm

I feel for those families of the victims. What an awful feeling that must be. I hope the searchers do find the debris and the black box, and hopefully have some kind of closure to this month long, sad & tragic mystery.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:27 pm

They did a story on CNN about how deep the indian ocean seems to be and its scary. even if they spot the wreckage down there how long would it take for them to get to it and recover the boxes, the remains of victims, the plane. Could it be so deep that they would try for the boxes and just leave the rest?