Off Topic Messages

Re: Rob?

Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:48 am

Best wishes Rob

mobile reply

Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:07 am

I miss him already. :cry:

Maybe he was so enthralled by that Dave Hebler DVD that he has no more time for us....
Last edited by Mister Mike on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:17 am

It's a pity,Rob's a good guy and a top fan and will be missed.He didn't have to delete his account though he could have just stayed offline in case he changed his mind further down the road.

norrie

Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:39 am

Rob's a fine fella. He and I have very similar experiences, likes and senses of humor. In fact, I also have a killer pair of denim shorts, although I never wear them in public.

Perhaps it's strange he would sign off without saying anything, based on how folks here feel about him. Plus, I don't know why anyone would delete their account. I am not around here nearly as much, either, but I can't see myself ever signing off for good. When I don't want to visit, I don't. Simple as that.

But, as was pointed out earlier, he did kind of a grandiose sendoff a while back, and returned. I would be shocked if he doesn't return at some point. But if he doesn't, I wish him nothing but the best. A great fan, and a great asset to FECC.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:15 am

Maybe he's moving away from Cincinati.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:13 am

rjm wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Hi all,

I can tell everybody that Rob is doing fine, but he left and he won't be back.
He just doesn't have much time for it anymore. But he is upset with no one.
He just left of his own free will.

Bye Rob, you will be sadly missed here. :cry:

Yes, he was resolute in his fandom, and more often than not hilarious in his observations.

But why slam the door on your way out?

Yeah. It's out of character. I don't understand.

Not so out of character. Back in 2007, before leaving the first time, he said this on the "I'm Leaving" thread:

"Should the day come when I decide not to visit here anymore, there will be no formal announcement in any way, shape or form. I'll just stop posting and be done with it."

As it turned out, he did leave a farewell message on that thread when he left the first time, but this time must have decided not to. Odd choice for someone who attracted so much goodwill on here.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:18 am

But he didn't just "stop posting." He pressed that new "nuclear" button.

Oh, well. His posts have made this place such a fun place to hang out.

:(

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Maybe he's moving away from Cincinati.

Now you stop that! :)

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:58 am

Ha. Or maybe he's joined an REO Speedwagon forum?

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:45 am

He can't leave! Not Rob!!

Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Why did u leave rob why?
You where a bright star to this forum. Something that we do need here as their was already enough hate!.

phpBB [video]

Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:He can't leave! Not Rob!!

gotta agree, therefore i´m positive he´ll be back sometime.

as pointed out by others, he singned out before and came back after a while.
rob is addicted. sooner or later he´ll suffer a relapse.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm

I never got to share that bubble bath with him...... :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Rob is obviously a great guy with a great sense of humour, hope he is well

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:15 pm

londonflash wrote:

Ha. Or maybe he's joined an REO Speedwagon forum?

Now that's funny right there. I don't care what anyone else thinks. That right there is funny. If you don't think that was funny, then you should not be here.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:29 pm

I really hope he returns. Rob is one of my favorite posters here.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

A message from rob, he posted this on the monkey forum

Hello, boys and girls. I appreciate the concern here. I have been a member here, as Colin mentioned for quite awhile, but was never here much. It's great seeing some names that I had forgotten about. Hope everyone is healthy and doing well. I received an email from a friend this morning saying that I should post on this thread to explain what is going on with me. After being on the FECC message board for over ten years, I have been in the same discussion over various topics time and time again. I found myself giving the same answers over and over again. I've contributed as much as I possibly can. I mostly went to the forum for entertainment purposes (there are some funny bastards over there without them trying to be). However, I have always said that when I no longer enjoyed it, I would stop posting. I said the same thing several years back, but came back after several weeks. When I left before, I did make a brief farewell speech. I didn't do that this time. I just deleted the account and left. I won't be back. There are some good folks over at FECC and I hope that they all live long and prosperous lives. I had fun with them for a long time. My job keeps me much busier than I care to be and it seems like I am traveling more and more. Not only have I lost interest in message boards, I don't have the time I used to have as well. While I don't care for growing older, I do look forward to retirement some day.

Yes, that is me in the pic above. I went to fort Sill, Oklahoma last May for a reunion and had a blast. I took basic training there in 1983. I even volunteered to go back through the gas chamber with the new recruits (don't ask why).

Anyway, I hope you all are doing well over here. You are a good bunch of people who apparently love Elvis and I wish you all the success in the world. I will keep collecting as always and will more than likely get most every release that comes down the pike. Please support FTD as much as you can. They have been a Godsend to us and I hope they continue as long as they possibly can.

I do hope someone at FECC sees this and can copy and paste in case anyone cares. I had some great times there and I hope they are there for a long, long time. I wish the same for you guys here. Keep on rockin' and keep enjoying the music. In the end, it's what it's all about.

Take care, FECC and Monkey. I wish nothing but the best for you.

Damn it!

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Thanks, Rob, for deleting your FECC account, and posting an explanation elsewhere. That's classy.

Hope all is well in Cincinati.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 pm

sounds like 'that's that' then............. smt127

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Damn, I'm gonna miss 'ol Rob. But I can identify with his reasons for leaving.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Damn, I'm gonna miss 'ol Rob. But I can identify with his reasons for leaving.

It's a living hell being an Elvis Presley fan.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:12 pm

"Life" caught up with him. That's all. It can happen to anyone at anytime. So long Rob. It's been great having you here. May you live long and prosper......

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:21 am

...well who's gonna give me a hard time now, when I ask for sound samples? smh

Seems odd to me to just delete your account from not only the #1 Elvis fan messageboard..... but its also FREE! What a great place I love FECC personally & even tho I don't like some of the topics sometimes I just ignore them and I have even taken a sabbatical here from time to time.

I will miss Rob... but not his blinking ELVIS logo! :mrgreen:

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:14 am

Well, folks, if you had wondered if that new digicide button really works . . . IT DOES!

Unless someone is totally ashamed of their posting history, I see no reason to use it. Take as long a break as you like -- even maybe forever, but avoid the nuke button unless you have a REALLY good reason. Please.

rjm
P.S. -- Yesterday, William Shatner deleted his Twitter account. And then changed his mind. He called it "a bad midnight decision." Twitter gives you 30 days to change your mind.

Sent via mobile

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:49 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Thanks, Rob, for deleting your FECC account, and posting an explanation elsewhere. That's classy.

Hope all is well in Cincinati.

I think he realized too late that he couldn't post here after he self-immolated his identity and history. He was up in smoke. He said he hoped someone would "copy and paste" what he had to say - here.

As I said, Twitter allows account deletions (Bill was gone, apparently - until he came back), but has a grace period if you change your mind.

Now, one can create a new account, but I think that currently violates the rules. (Although it may or may not apply to the new circumstances of having deleted oneself.) There may be no way to recover his posts, but perhaps the handle "Rob" could be retired. In that event, only the real one could (re)claim his username. (As verified by all that networking stuff I somewhat comprehend.) His history would still be gone, but he could stage a Comeback.

It's just that with all the recent chaos, sturm and drang on Facebook, this forum seems like a pretty wonderful place! (Warts and and all.)

Yes, things are repeated. Another EIC thread. Maybe that drove him over the edge. But it's part of the charm. It's like an old relative at a family gathering bringing up that same old "story" again.

rjm

Sent via mobile