Off Topic Messages

HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:50 am

660311_Adam West_02.JPG


On the heels of the 48th anniversary of the January 12, 1966 debut of "Batman," one of the most beloved, iconic, live action U.S. television programs ever produced, came a VERY exciting announcement this past January 15th:


660311_Batman_Life Magazine.JPG


The popular 60s-era Batman television show starring Adam West and Burt Ward as the Dynamic Duo is finally getting a home entertainment release.

The news came via an unusual, but appropriate, source. Longtime comic book fan and TV personality Conan O’Brien.



140115_Conan and Batmobile_Twitter.JPG


The date of release is as yet unknown, but with Batman more popular than ever, the Batman ’66 comic book in stores and Batman celebrating his 75th year as a pop culture icon this year, the timing couldn’t be better.


660311_Adam West_01.JPG


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(TV_series)
http://teamcoco.com/content/conans-twitpics/photo-76023
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/01/15/batman-tv-show-complete-series-dvd/4496197/
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/01/15/breaking-news-adam-wests-batman-gets-a-home-video-release




Wow. I guess there's nothing left to do but ...


To ... the ... BATCAVE!!


660311_Burt Ward_Adam West_03.JPG



Thanks to "elvis4life" for noting this update on another topic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:26 am

Great news!

Thanks for posting this Doc.

I have all the episodes on DVD in my old Batman lunch box that my Mom bought for me when I started first grade.

I also have the original TV Guide that came out with Adam West on the Cover in there too. :)

It's too full to put in the thermos.

I was always a big fan of this series and it will be great to have all the episodes uncut and in better picture quality.

I recorded them off TV with my DVD-R and sometimes they chopped some of the scenes out to make room for more commercials.

Mitch

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:50 pm

You're welcome Doc for the shout out & great topic that you have started on this classic show. I just wish we didn't had to wait 48 LONG years for this official release, however I guess the saying "good things comes to those who wait" was worth it in this case. Enjoy your day my friend & lets hope that this'll be out SOONER [like in the next month or two] then we expected!

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:15 pm

Great news !

What a fabulous series that was. I still have some episodes locked away in their Betamax plastic boxes, somewhere.

By the way, we should start the Julie Newmar Appreciation Society !

Catwoman004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:26 pm

Mister Moon wrote:By the way, we should start the Julie Newmar Appreciation Society


Count me in!

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:29 am

Mister Moon wrote:Great news !

What a fabulous series that was. I still have some episodes locked away in their Betamax plastic boxes, somewhere.

By the way, we should start the Julie Newmar Appreciation Society !

Image


There isn't one already?

Julie Newmar RULES.

660311_Julie Newmar_Catwoman.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:02 am

Love the actors. Especially Burgess Merideth as the Penguin. The villains are so purrfect. Everybody is purrfect. So far as I'm concerned, the cast of the program are still the best actors to play the roles.
Last edited by Richard--W on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Julie backstage.

Dig the Catwoman make up, hairdo and ears !

Newmar backstage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:43 am

Mitch wrote:Great news!

Thanks for posting this Doc.

I have all the episodes on DVD in my old Batman lunch box that my Mom bought for me when I started first grade.

I also have the original TV Guide that came out with Adam West on the Cover in there too. :)

It's too full to put in the thermos.

I was always a big fan of this series and it will be great to have all the episodes uncut and in better picture quality.

I recorded them off TV with my DVD-R and sometimes they chopped some of the scenes out to make room for more commercials.

Mitch


Thanks, Mitch. All of your memories echo mine. It's going to be fun to see how this set is presented.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:47 am

Can't get enough of Julie :

Newmar.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:24 am

Here's the latest on this:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/07/ba ... burt-ward/

Batman TV Series DVD Set To Include New Bonus Material From Adam West & Burt Ward

By: Joe Comicbook on April 7, 2014

Earlier this year, it was announced that the Batman TV series, which ran from 1966 to 1968 on ABC, would be released later this year on DVD. In the initial announcement, not many details were revealed beyond that the home video release would include the entire series.

In an appearance at the Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con, Batman TV stars Adam West and Burt Ward revealed some additional details about the Batman TV series home video release, along with a release date for the collection.

“Finally, after an innumerable number of years, our series is going to be coming out, all 120 episodes,” said Ward. “I understand it’s right at the end of November this year in time for Christmas.”

Ward added, “I know this last week, both Adam and I at separate times, we went in and we filmed some additional bonus material for Warner Bros. that’s going to be included with the programs. And I also understand that they’ve really done a tremendous job digitally remastering our series so that it’s really going to be just absolutely gorgeous on DVD. So I think you can look forward to a very, very high class product.”

“Warner Bros. had a very fine director/producer they hired,” said West. “And he asked us the most profound questions. And Burt agrees that he asked us things that people have never asked before. And it was tough to answer, but I think we were both very honest and straightforward and told him what he wanted to know.”

“And as a result you folks with the new DVD can see us naked,” joked West.

West added, “We answer questions and tell you things that we’ve never said before. They were so tricky.”

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:10 am

It's all good!

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:44 pm

elvis4life wrote:Here's the latest on this:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/07/ba ... burt-ward/

Batman TV Series DVD Set To Include New Bonus Material From Adam West & Burt Ward

By: Joe Comicbook on April 7, 2014

Earlier this year, it was announced that the Batman TV series, which ran from 1966 to 1968 on ABC, would be released later this year on DVD. In the initial announcement, not many details were revealed beyond that the home video release would include the entire series.

In an appearance at the Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con, Batman TV stars Adam West and Burt Ward revealed some additional details about the Batman TV series home video release, along with a release date for the collection.

“Finally, after an innumerable number of years, our series is going to be coming out, all 120 episodes,” said Ward. “I understand it’s right at the end of November this year in time for Christmas.”

Ward added, “I know this last week, both Adam and I at separate times, we went in and we filmed some additional bonus material for Warner Bros. that’s going to be included with the programs. And I also understand that they’ve really done a tremendous job digitally remastering our series so that it’s really going to be just absolutely gorgeous on DVD. So I think you can look forward to a very, very high class product.”

“Warner Bros. had a very fine director/producer they hired,” said West. “And he asked us the most profound questions. And Burt agrees that he asked us things that people have never asked before. And it was tough to answer, but I think we were both very honest and straightforward and told him what he wanted to know.”

“And as a result you folks with the new DVD can see us naked,” joked West.

West added, “We answer questions and tell you things that we’ve never said before. They were so tricky.”


It is nothing less than a small miracle that West and Ward are still with us and able to add their thoughts to this project. 48 years is a very long time, and while the rights to release the series in a home format raged on for decades, we lost many great talents associated with the show, like actors Frank Gorshin, Burgess Meredith, Cesar Romero, producer William Dozier, and most recently, writer Lorenzo Semple, Jr..

Here's hoping we hear something from actresses Julie Newmar and Yvonne Craig on the DVD release. They were mid-blowing additions to the show.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:30 pm

In the meantime, enjoy some beautiful music.

Frank Gorshin's heartfelt rendition of David Gates' "Never Let Her Go."

Burt Ward's magnificent vocal on "Orange Colored Sky" with Frank Zappa and the Mothers:

phpBB [video]



phpBB [video]



BONUS SONG

phpBB [video]

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:47 am

No bluray, damn.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:30 am

Hold off on your disappointment until we get an official release announcement from Warner Bros.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:43 am

ElvisLife wrote:No bluray, damn.


I suspect "Batman" will be available in Blu-ray format. Stay tuned!

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:36 am

Here's the official release trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTGAXBeYDcM

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:41 am

:D :D :D :D :D

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:16 am

elvis4life wrote:Here's the official release trailer:

phpBB [video]





Man, those clips look pretty sharp.

I sure hope "Batman" is done right, it's one of my fondest childhood memories and a really unique and influential TV program.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ote-716428

Adam West, Burt Ward to Promote 'Batman' at San Diego Comic-Con 2:23 PM PDT 7/2/2014 by Graeme McMillan

The 1960s Batman and Robin (as well as Julie Newmar, AKA Catwoman) will appear on a Thursday evening panel to promote the Blu-ray and DVD release of the classic television version of the Caped Crusader

Holy long-awaited announcement!

Following a tease at the start of the year, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has finally revealed that the remastered Batman: The Complete Television Series will be released on Blu-ray, DVD and digital HD this November, but that’s not all — to promote the launch, Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar will appear on a panel together at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con.

According to a release, the actors will “give fans their first inside sneak peak at the most anticipated home entertainment release in fanboy history” at the panel, to be held Thursday, July 24 at 6pm in Hall H. Details to be revealed at the panel include glimpses of exclusive content, footage from the newly remastered series and a look at the limited edition packaging for the series.

Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment has been promoting content related to the television show for some time under the title Batman ‘66, with a critically-acclaimed comic book series by Jeff Parker, Jonathan Case and others, as well as a toy line featuring characters and concepts from the show having been released over the last year. The Adam West visual for the character also appears on material related to DCE’s 75th anniversary celebrations for Batman this year.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:35 pm

Over the years I collected 60,s toys, here a some Batman items and most are original from 1966.
I bought copies of the 120 episodes a few years back and they are not bad at all..complete and clear, looking forward to the new release!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:04 pm

VEGAS74 wrote:Over the years I collected 60,s toys, here a some Batman items and most are original from 1966.
I bought copies of the 120 episodes a few years back and they are not bad at all..complete and clear, looking forward to the new release!

Image



Love that Batman stuff!

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:24 am

On Amazon now you can preorder either the regular:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complete-D ... %282014%29

Or Blu-Ray:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complete-L ... _mov_img_y

And just like you DJC, I too will be VERY, VERY HAPPY when this is officially out 11/11

Re: HOLY 48th ANNIVERSARY, BATMAN !!

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:38 am

elvis4life wrote:On Amazon now you can preorder either the regular:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complete-DVD-Various/dp/B00LT1JKN2

Or Blu-Ray:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complete-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B00LT1JHLW

And just like you DJC, I too will be VERY, VERY HAPPY when this is officially out 11/11


Only one drawback, it appears those 1965 tryout reels of Lyle Waggoner, Peter Deyell and Burt Ward will not be included as part of the bonus items, nor will the "Batgirl" demo reel made in 1967. Oh well.

Here are some shots from the Amazon page:


Batman 1966_01.jpg


Batman 1966_02.jpg


Batman 1966_03.jpg


Batman 1966_04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.