Off Topic Messages

Post Modern Jukebox

Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:20 am

phpBB [video]

This is a great group that takes modern day hit songs and adapts them to different eras. I never would have listend to many/most of these tunes as they exist in their present form. Their take on this song, "Timber" in a 50s Doo Wop style is infectious and great fun. I like also their 1920s ragtime take on "Young and Beautiful" (Lana Del Rey Cover).

phpBB [video]

Enjoy!

JosephC

Re: Post Modern Jukebox

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:45 am

JosephC wrote:
phpBB [video]

This is a great group that takes modern day hit songs and adapts them to different eras. I never would have listend to many/most of these tunes as they exist in their present form. Their take on this song, "Timber" in a 50s Doo Wop style is infectious and great fun.

'Timber' is indeed infectious and fun. Thanks, this is a keeper!

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:14 am

Hey, they're good aren't they? A terrific sound they have together!!

And she's a lovely little thing, isn't she? :smt001

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:40 am

Now we're talking!!

This is SOOOOO much better than the original!!

What a sh*t-hot band and a terrific front-woman!!

phpBB [video]

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:22 am

I most definately agree, they are a talented group. All those videos are done in the piano player's living room.

I never would have listened to these tunes as they are on the radio. My wife put the video on for me for "Timber" by the original group and I was *almost* disgusted. I'm not a prude and I try to stay open minded, but I need a melody and a "hook" to keep me interested. I like how Post Modern Jukebox reinvents these songs.

I hope PMJ gets "discovered" and elevated in a big way. Love to see musicians with real talent get the recognition they deserve.

Glad you liked the clips!

JosephC