Off Topic Messages

U2 - Invisible

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:21 pm

U2's new song - Invisible - is available to download for free on iTunes at the moment.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/album/invisible-red-edit-version/id808571195

For every download, Bank Of America will give $1 to the Global Fund To Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria.

It's a great song and is expected to feature on their forthcoming album.

Re: U2 - Invisible

Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:42 am

Downloaded it Sunday night, like you say good song .hopefully news of a tour will follow soon enough

Re: U2 - Invisible

Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:10 pm

memfisking wrote:U2's new song - Invisible - is available to download for free on iTunes at the moment.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/album/invisible-red-edit-version/id808571195

For every download, Bank Of America will give $1 to the Global Fund To Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria.

It's a great song and is expected to feature on their forthcoming album.


I recently blind bought a couple of U2 concert dvds and was really blown away by how good they were, to my shame I'd only been a casual listener and knew very few of the numbers. Bono has to be the most theatrical front man Ive seen since Freddie Mercury, a new fan here, in fact was inspired to do a pencil portrait which going by your avatar memphisking, thought you might like a look at....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

U2 - Invisible

Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Eddie wrote:
memfisking wrote:U2's new song - Invisible - is available to download for free on iTunes at the moment.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/album/invisible-red-edit-version/id808571195

For every download, Bank Of America will give $1 to the Global Fund To Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria.

It's a great song and is expected to feature on their forthcoming album.


I recently blind bought a couple of U2 concert dvds and was really blown away by how good they were, to my shame I'd only been a casual listener and knew very few of the numbers. Bono has to be the most theatrical front man Ive seen since Freddie Mercury, a new fan here, in fact was inspired to do a pencil portrait which going by your avatar memphisking, thought you might like a look at....


Fantastic drawing! You've got a great talent there. I am a huge U2 fan, I have seen them in concert on every tour since the Joshua Tree Tour in '87. They are really great live, the Live in Sydney DVD from the ZooTV tour is my all time favourite live concert release, U2 at their very best; one of the greatest bands of all time singing songs from one of the greatest albums of all
time (Achtung Baby).

Btw. Nearly $3.5 million was raised because of the download. You just gotta love those guys.;-)

Re: U2 - Invisible

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:59 pm

I may look out the Sydney dvd, on Amazon the Slane Castle and Vertigo discs got good reviews so went for them, great performances.

Re: U2 - Invisible

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:04 am

Eddie wrote:I may look out the Sydney dvd, on Amazon the Slane Castle and Vertigo discs got good reviews so went for them, great performances.


I was at the Slane gig, I am actually on the DVD. We were right up front, inside the 'Heart'.:-)

Re: U2 - Invisible

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:47 am

A fantastic gig by the looks of it, most reviews on amazon state it the best of all the available dvds. You have yourself there forever in a little piece of rock history!!

Re: U2 - Invisible

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:42 am

memfisking wrote:
Eddie wrote:
memfisking wrote:U2's new song - Invisible - is available to download for free on iTunes at the moment.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/album/invisible-red-edit-version/id808571195

For every download, Bank Of America will give $1 to the Global Fund To Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria.

It's a great song and is expected to feature on their forthcoming album.


I recently blind bought a couple of U2 concert dvds and was really blown away by how good they were, to my shame I'd only been a casual listener and knew very few of the numbers. Bono has to be the most theatrical front man Ive seen since Freddie Mercury, a new fan here, in fact was inspired to do a pencil portrait which going by your avatar memphisking, thought you might like a look at....


Fantastic drawing! You've got a great talent there. I am a huge U2 fan, I have seen them in concert on every tour since the Joshua Tree Tour in '87. They are really great live, the Live in Sydney DVD from the ZooTV tour is my all time favourite live concert release, U2 at their very best; one of the greatest bands of all time singing songs from one of the greatest albums of all
time (Achtung Baby).

Btw. Nearly $3.5 million was raised because of the download. You just gotta love those guys.;-)


Same here Memfisking seen them 9 times in total first time was Joshua Tree tour I have over 300 live concerts/dvd's.
What do you reckon the new tour will be I think stripped down and back to basics they cant go bigger than 360, I remember flying into Dublin in July 09 and seeing the "claw" from the sky it looked like a spaceship had landed...unbelievable.
My favourite era is still probably Rattle & Hum /Lovetown but they never disappoint cant wait for the new LP.

If you wanna trade any shows let me know ..

Re: U2 - Invisible

Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:19 am

houndog wrote:What do you reckon the new tour will be I think stripped down and back to basics they cant go bigger than 360, I remember flying into Dublin in July 09 and seeing the "claw" from the sky it looked like a spaceship had landed...unbelievable.
My favourite era is still probably Rattle & Hum /Lovetown but they never disappoint cant wait for the new LP.


Yeah, It might be a stripped down show but with U2, you never know;-) The 360 tour was great but the ZooTV gig I saw in Cork was simply out of this world, as was the POP tour show in Dublin. I always wanted to see them indoors, so the week before the Slane gig I flew to London to see them in Earls Court, now that was special, U2's sound 'indoors'.

I have some great photos from Slane, with Bono wrapped in the Tri-Colour looking up at the castle.

They never fail to disappoint, is right.

Re: U2 - Invisible

Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:22 am

Although I wouldn't call myself a fan, I've always liked and admired U2 and have quite a few friends who, like some of you guys, have seen them live on numerous occasions across several tours. In that respect, they've always been present within my own musical remit. Of course, they're hard to ignore whether one is a casual music fan or someone more involved in their listening. Bono is certainly one of the great front men in all of rock music, but I also enjoy the fact that he's a real music lover and can talk as openly and articulately about Elvis and Johnny Cash as he can ABBA, Kylie Minogue or Frank Sinatra. U2's most recent material, both Invisible and the Golden Globe-winning and Oscar nominated Ordinary Love (from Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom) are fine songs and have my interests piqued for some new material from this group.