Off Topic Messages

Re: John Lennon

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:51 am

intheghetto wrote:With the 50th anniversary of The Beatles arrival in the US coming up in the next few weeks I've been thinking alot about John Lennon. Mostly about the incredible musician he was, but also thinking about the seriously unfortunate way his life ended. All these years later I still think about how ridiculously senseless it was that he was shot and killed. I mean, who would've thought that would would happen and why would it happen to him? Why should it happen to anyone for that matter.

I think two of the best interviews he did before his temporary retirement from the music business were the Tom Snyder interview from 1975 and the interview with Bob Harris on the Old Grey Whistle Test also in '75. I'd seen the Snyder interview many times over the years but until recently I had only seen clips of the Harris interview and watched it in its entirety the other day. Great stuff!

http://www.eyeneer.com/video/rock/john-lennon/interview-0

Thanks for the link. I will watch this tonight. John Lennon's shocking death tore the hearts out of millions of fans, and made the world seem a little more fearful and unfair. The leader of the Beatles, a group that brought joy to so many, did not deserve to be taken that way.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:07 am

intheghetto wrote:

Thank you for sharing the link. John was clearly having a good time.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:34 am

drjohncarpenter wrote: The leader of the Beatles, a group that brought joy to so many, did not deserve to be taken that way.

Lennon was the Beatles.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:12 pm

intheghetto wrote:With the 50th anniversary of The Beatles arrival in the US coming up in the next few weeks I've been thinking alot about John Lennon. Mostly about the incredible musician he was, but also thinking about the seriously unfortunate way his life ended. All these years later I still think about how ridiculously senseless it was that he was shot and killed. I mean, who would've thought that would would happen and why would it happen to him? Why should it happen to anyone for that matter.

I think two of the best interviews he did before his temporary retirement from the music business were the Tom Snyder interview from 1975 and the interview with Bob Harris on the Old Grey Whistle Test also in '75. I'd seen the Snyder interview many times over the years but until recently I had only seen clips of the Harris interview and watched it in its entirety the other day. Great stuff!

I've seen this one before, Great Stuff!

Thanks for posting.

drjohncarpenter wrote:John Lennon's shocking death tore the hearts out of millions of fans, and made the world seem a little more fearful and unfair. The leader of the Beatles, a group that brought joy to so many, did not deserve to be taken that way.

I fully agree with you Doc.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:14 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: The leader of the Beatles, a group that brought joy to so many, did not deserve to be taken that way.

Lennon was the Beatles.

Well, he did have a little help from his friends.

660400_John and Paul.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.