Lisa Marie Presley may have throat cancer?

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
elvis4life
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Lisa Marie Presley may have throat cancer?

Post by elvis4life »

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/world-exclusive-lisa-marie-throat-cancer-nightmare

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: LISA MARIE THROAT CANCER NIGHTMARE

Published on: January 20, 2014

by LYNN ALLISON, NATIONAL ENQUIRER

Photography by: Getty Images Entertainment

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: LISA MARIE THROAT CANCER NIGHTMARE

LISA MARIE PRESLEY’s lifelong dream of musical stardom may be killing her, sources say.

In a blockbuster world exclusive, The ENQUIRER has learned the 45-year-old singer’s throat is so severely ravaged that a medical expert says the damage could lead to deadly esophageal cancer!

“Lisa Marie has suffered from acute throat problems for at least 10 years, and they only seem to be getting worse,” a close pal revealed.

“In the past, her throat acted up only when she was touring or working extra hard in the studio. But now, it seems that the day-to-day stress of family life coupled with traveling is making the problem a lot worse.”

The mother of four kids – two of them with husband Michael Lockwood, the drummer in her band – launched a demanding tour in August. And throat issues nearly forced her to cancel her Nov. 23 show in Cranston, R.I., said the source.

“It was the second to last show on the tour, and Lisa Marie managed to muscle her way through by shortening her set,” the pal told The ENQUIRER.

“What’s remarkable is that that she feels the need to continue her singing career even though she could put her feet up for the rest of her life.

“She’s worth $300 million, yet she travels long hours to tiny clubs. Michael knows she doesn’t have to put herself through such gruel­ing tours. But he supports Lisa Marie as long as she wants to pursue her musical dream, and he keeps an eye on her constantly.”

In 2003, The ENQUIRER reported that Lisa Marie – daughter of the late King of Rock ’n’ Roll, Elvis Presley – was plagued with a mystery illness that triggered severe nausea and vomiting while she promoted her debut album during a summer tour.

She experienced excruciating stomach pains and developed gastritis, an illness that an expert says could be linked directly to her throat problems.

“There is a definite connection between her gastritis and her throat symptoms,” New York-based Dr. Jordan S. Josephson, who has not treated Lisa Marie but is a leading expert on acid reflux, told The ENQUIRER.

Dr. Josephson added that Lisa Marie may be experiencing a chronic, painful and dangerous gastroesophageal reflux disease commonly called GERD.

“The main symptoms of GERD include a sore throat and hoarseness of voice, along with a chronic cough,” Dr. Josephson said. “This happens when acid from the stomach comes up through the esophagus and damages the vocal cords as well as the tissue around the esophagus.

“In the worst case scenario, the acid causes mutations in the mucous membranes which can lead to deadly esophageal cancer.”

As The ENQUIRER has reported, country music legend Dolly Parton suffered from GERD for at least several years before she was forced to undergo a secret lifesaving five-hour surgery involving her esophagus in early 2013.

And Lisa Marie has admitted a problem. During a 2012 performance in New York, an eyewitness said Lisa Marie tried to make light of it, telling the audience: “I have a new health problem. I’ve got to spray my throat...I know it’s stupid. I’m sorry!”

The eyewitness added: “She did everything that she could to keep her throat moist, including drinking Gatorade she kept onstage. But her voice still sounded weak.”

Another source said: “Lisa Marie is dismissing her throat problems as overstressed vocal cords, but her friends fear there’s something more serious.

“The pressures involved in balancing her career and family are getting the best of her, and the stress is affecting her health!”

memphisound
Banned - Previously Banned Member Who Returned.
Banned - Previously Banned Member Who Returned.
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Lisa Marie Presley may have throat cancer?

Post by memphisound »

by LYNN ALLISON, NATIONAL ENQUIRER

I won't take their word for it.

PREVIOUSLY BANNED MEMBER "BRADM".

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by TJ »

So an expert who hasn't treated Lisa says that if Lisa has an illness which no one has said she actually does have, this illness could, worst case scenario, progress to throat cancer at some point. And the National Enquirer thought that the appropriate headline to convey that was "Lisa Marie Throat Cancer Nightmare". The person who wrote that headline is a moron.
Last edited by TJ on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by TJ »

Duplicate post...
Last edited by TJ on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

londonflash
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by londonflash »

Well said, TJ.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 8 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Silly story

-instagram kenh1964

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by elvisjock »

They are running this story, in part, because they are aware that she was not completely healthy on the fall leg of her tour. As I posted recently, she was losing her voice at the first Natick show, and relied heavily on a homemade menthol inhaler device. She gutted it out, though, and mentioned the wear and tear several times on Twitter. When I saw her again, two weeks ago, she did not seem to have vocal issues.

That said, people are asking why she is playing these small venues, miles away from the nearest big city. One would think she doesn't need the money, because it is probably COSTING money to play a 200 seat gig, with her entourage and lifestyle expenses. I'm hopeful that she's doing it simply out of love for the craft, and not because she fears being physically unable at any time soon.

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

In a blockbuster world exclusive, The ENQUIRER... I stopped right there

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by elvisjock »

The Enquirer isn't what it used to be. They do break legit news items from time to time. I hope this isn't one of them.

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 10 months

Post by promiseland »

elviscollector101 wrote:do not get me wrong , i like lisa marie , but cannot stand to hear her sing . i have not listen to her in the last couple of years and she may have improved .
She has, her singing ability has went from "fingernails on a chalkboard", to a "wounded moose"..