Off Topic Messages

Religious Affiliation?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:54 am

What do you all associate yourself with religiously? Just out of curiosity.

Re: Religious Affiliation?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:56 am

jdw89 wrote:What do you all associate yourself with religiously? Just out of curiosity.

Scientology, just like Lisa and Priscilla, and John Travolta and Tom Cruise. It's awesome!

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:52 am

I'm a Druid. Reformed.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:53 am

that is the problem with the world today , religion . so much of it is man made and you have to go this school and be ordained by this guy and and you have to blah , blah , blah . i believe non - denominational . strictly the Bible . the funny this is that they have been trying to disprove the Bible for the last 2000 years and it still stand's strong today . let's look real quick -

Scientology - founded by l ron hubbard - reincarnation , alot of crazy idea's. here is a link to better understand what they do - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

Jehovah's witnesses - founded by charles taze russell - this religion is based on his teaching's again a link to better understand - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses

i could go on and on , as again all these so called religion's are man made and man based . the bible does not teach this , most if not all these religion's are / were created because people think that if they are a member they will escape Hell , if i believe in Scientology then i am exempt from hell because they do not believe or teach it and l ron hubbard say's i will be reincarnated again and again , same goes for atheist , they feel if they do not believe then when they die that is it . but do me favor ,take someone who is a atheist or any other religion that does not believe in GOD and when they are on there death bed taking there last breath we will see how strong they do not believe then and how quick they change there mind once they know the end is near . it is easy to be brave when all is we'll , but when that final moment comes as it will for all of us , how many have changed there mind's repented . most preacher's or as i call them speakers today shy away from hell as they do not want to offend anyone or make someone uncomfortable . but when Jesus preached all he preached on was hell and how to save yourself from it . how may people have went on and wished they could change place's with you and come back make it right . i do not have the answer's , the Bible does . all i know is that life is short , we are just a vapor and one day we will be gone . i believe in God , Jesus and the Bible . if i am right i saved myself from hell and if i am wrong then i have lost nothing and lived a good life . hope this help's . ::rocks

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:00 am

That's a good way to look at it, if you're right you're saved if not you've lost nothing. Do you ever think though that the Bible is written by men too, men even picked and chose which books would be included in "God's word" and which would not.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:06 am

Here's someone else's view on your question.

phpBB [video]

Public Image Ltd. "Religion II" First Issue (Virgin Records, December 8, 1978)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Image:_First_Issue

Stained glass windows keep the cold outside
While the hypocrites hide inside
With the lies of statues in their minds
Where the Christian religion made them blind
Where they hide
And prey to the God of a bitch spelled backwards is dog
Not for one race, one creed, one world
But for money
Effective
Absurd

This is religion
There's a liar on the altar
The sermon never falter
This is religion

Do you pray to the Holy Ghost when you suck your host
Do you read who's dead in the Irish Post
Do you give away the cash you can't afford
On bended knees and pray to lord
Fat pig priest
Sanctimonious smiles
He takes the money
You take the lies

This is religion
A liar on the altar
Sermon never falter
This is religion

This is religion and Jesus Christ
This is religion cheaply priced
This is bibles full of libel
This is sin in eternal hymn
This is what they've done
This is your religion
The apostles were eleven
Now there's a sod in Heaven

This is religion
Liar on the altar
The sermon never falter
This is religion

This is religion
This is religion
This is religion
This is religion

This is religion
A liar on the altar
A sermon never falter
This is religion

This is religion
Your religion
And it's all falling to bits gloriously
This is religion

Uploaded on Aug 11, 2010
http://phenagen.blogspot.com/

Vocals: John Lydon
Guitar: Keith Levene
Bass: Jah Wobble
Drums: Jim Walker

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:21 am

that is true , the Bible has been around for 2000 years and God gave the knowledge to disciples and so to write the Bible . but as you say what has been removed or changed , maybe something could have been left out that we were supposed to know . i cannot answer that , i believe in the Bible and what is written in it and believe that God has written in there what we are supposed to know . i can only tell you how i believe and i am not putting anyone down for there believes . i may not agree with them but i will not answer for what you or anybody else does i am only accountable for myself . i also do not push my belief's on anyone either . we will agree to disagree but i will not belittle you or put you down for believing one way or another . i will tell you my belief's and if you agree then fine and if you do not then fine . i do not lose anything either way . but in telling if i help just one person then it was worthwhile . God and Jesus has blessed me in so many way's i could not count them and i am forever in debt to them . i like to think that being a person you can believe what you want and should not have to feel like you have to hide behind your believe's . i point out the problem's i see with man made religion , but that is my opinion and you may see different , again that is our right . but i can say for sure that from when i can 1st remember the world was alot nicer place and alot better off before we became anti-God , removing prayers from school 's and ten commandment's and so on . i do not believe in catholic way either but the pope step down ( did you think we would ever see that ) because he said they were taking God out and trying to do thing's themsleves . we live in sad world no doubt . i am sure this post will be deleted , and someone here will start a argument , again i voiced my opionion but as i know someone in the high archy here will delete this as it does not make them feel good about themselves . ::rocks

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:27 am

WMarkJ wrote:That's a good way to look at it, if you're right you're saved if not you've lost nothing. Do you ever think though that the Bible is written by men too, men even picked and chose which books would be included in "God's word" and which would not.

Pascals Wager anyone?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:27 am

So we are to believe God created everything but to get his message to the world he has to rely on disciples writing books for him and hope they don't edit out things we are supposed to know? He's mighty limited in the ability to communicate huh?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:31 am

Hello Doc ,

i seen your post and you have the right to voice your opinion also , i do not agree with religion either , it bother's me when someone say's " oh , you are the religious type " most people speak out of ignorance not knowing or have been taught to avoid people who speak of the Bible . i could speak all say on the fault's with church's , preachers , there so called religion . but at the end of the day what they do does not affect me , they will stand before God and answer for all they have done , i also believe that someone who is a preacher or pastor and does not do the right thing with God's will and with the church and money from the church to benefit himself , will answer to a higher condemnation from God as they were here to do his work and help people . but like you said greed comes in and how many people have they taken advantage of . i have a saying what goes around comes around if not here , it will for sure over there .

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:35 am

elviscollector101 wrote:Hello Doc ,

i seen your post and you have the right to voice your opinion also , i do not agree with religion either , it bother's me when someone say's " oh , you are the religious type " most people speak out of ignorance not knowing or have been taught to avoid people who speak of the Bible . i could speak all say on the fault's with church's , preachers , there so called religion . but at the end of the day what they do does not affect me , they will stand before God and answer for all they have done , i also believe that someone who is a preacher or pastor and does not do the right thing with God's will and with the church and money from the church to benefit himself , will answer to a higher condemnation from God as they were here to do his work and help people . but like you said greed comes in and how many people have they taken advantage of . i have a saying what goes around comes around if not here , it will for sure over there .

Suggest you read my question again lol

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:49 am

WMarkJ wrote:So we are to believe God created everything but to get his message to the world he has to rely on disciples writing books for him and hope they don't edit out things we are supposed to know? He's mighty limited in the ability to communicate huh?

No , that is not what i said , you have lost me somewhere . let me see if i can briefly make some sense . 2000 years ago something happened , that we can all agree . something big happened , now it has been argued for thousand's of years as to what did happen , but will all the science and all the really smart educated people at the honorable colleges say the big bang theory happens and we just evolved , but cannot prove that . and that we evolved from ape's and so on and so on . what i believe it that God created the earth , created man and women , and here we are . Jesus his son was sent to save us , Jesus choose his disciples and they followed him until his death on the cross . from his teaching's and preaching the disciples wrote the book's from what they learned from Jesus and also the vision's God gave them . it say's that we do not know all and one day all question's will be answered . i do not know who wrote the bible or put it together in the order it is in , there is no author that get's royalties . the Bible is the biggest sold book on the planet , billion's and trillion's sold but yet no one get's any royalties from it . who get's the credit for writing the Bible . also i have a question i have asked alot of people , i do believe that God created the world , but who created God ,in the bible it say's in the beginning there was God . there had to have been another beginning or world to were God had to come from . i do not know , only that thru believing we will know one day , i guess it is like i cannot see the wind but i can feel it and i know it is blowing outside . how can i feel it if i cannot see it , when you feel the blessing and annoyting from God you will know it , you have to believe . but along the last 2000 years could someone have tampered with what was meant to be and changed or took something out i do not know . i cannot answer that . i hope and believe that what we need to know is in the bible and that is our map to heaven . if something was left out then by not knowing hopefully we cannot be held accountable . if that makes sense .

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:53 am

Not to confuse anyone with facts, but Jesus has been mighty quiet since his crucifixion

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:58 am

elviscollector101 wrote:Hello Doc ,

i seen your post and you have the right to voice your opinion also ...

The post you refer to is not my opinion, it's John Lyndon's opinion.

WMarkJ wrote:So we are to believe God created everything but to get his message to the world he has to rely on disciples writing books for him and hope they don't edit out things we are supposed to know? He's mighty limited in the ability to communicate huh?

He or She omitted dinosaurs when getting that Bible together.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:11 am

WMarkJ wrote:Not to confuse anyone with facts, but Jesus has been mighty quiet since his crucifixion

the Bible say's seek and ye shall find . Jesus rose from the dead on the 3rd day after his crucifixion , and is in heaven . the thing is Jesus will not push himself on anyone nor will God . Billy Graham's daughter made really valid point , the interviewed her and asked her why God did not interview during some of the bad thing's that have happened . she made a point , we as a world have been pushing God out , they have just about taken God out of everything . they do not want God around but when tragedy strikes everyone cried out to him . so she made the statement - " as a country we have taken God out of everything and said we do not need his help and so being the gentleman he is he simply stepped back and ok you are on your own " . the sad part look how bad the world and economy has gotten since all that stuff has taken place . Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice , he died for us . whether you choose to believe in him is totally up to you . i cannot talk you into or out of it . that is up to you , that George Jones song say's it all , ever since you were born you have choices . ::rocks

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:16 am

were there dinosaurs in the bible day's , i have wondered that myself . they have bones in the museum's so they must have been here . i have not seen one in person , but i have seen the bones . were dinosaurs here before the bible day's or after , also how long was the world here before someone started counting . we just know what the romans started keeping track of , the world could have been here 10 thousand years as far as we know it . the bible say's that a thousand years is like one day in the eye of God . we will never know for sure down here .

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:18 am

elviscollector101 wrote:were there dinosaurs in the bible day's , i have wondered that myself . they have bones in the museum's so they must have been here . i have not seen one in person , but i have seen the bones . were dinosaurs here before the bible day's or after , also how long was the world here before someone started counting . we just know what the romans started keeping track of , the world could have been here 10 thousand years as far as we know it . the bible say's that a thousand years is like one day in the eye of God . we will never know for sure down here .

In "bible day's" - no. In the history of the planet God made - yes.

Yet, they are not mentioned in the Old Testament. How can that be?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:28 am

I just don't see how you can be an Elvis fan but not a Christian

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:34 am

jdw89 wrote:I just don't see how you can be an Elvis fan but not a Christian

Can one be a Tom Cruise fan and not be a scientologist?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:39 am

WMarkJ wrote:

Can one be a Tom Cruise fan and not be a scientologist?
Reckon in another 2000 or 4000 years people will finally give all this up

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:42 am

Well Elvis made gospel music Cruise doesn't make scientology movies

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:51 am

here doc , maybe this will explain it better than i can http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... .htmlmaybe -

also , being a fan of something or someone does not require any thing xtra than being a fan . being a elvis fan or beatles fan or any fan would not make one have to be a christian . i hope that help's .

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:56 am

elviscollector101 wrote: were dinosaurs here before the bible day's or after...

Is that a serious question? They were around about 65 million years before "the bible days".

elviscollector101 wrote: also how long was the world here before someone started counting . we just know what the romans started keeping track of , the world could have been here 10 thousand years as far as we know it . the bible say's that a thousand years is like one day in the eye of God . we will never know for sure down here .

The world has been around for several billion years. With respect, the idea that the Earth might only have been around for 10,000 years is so absurd that it belongs alongside the idea that the Earth is flat. Humans have only been around for a tiny period in the Earth's long history and there is no doubt about that. We don't know everything, but we do live in an age where we are privileged to know a lot about how life developed on our beautiful planet. It's a shame that religion gets in the way of people embracing that knowledge.

What does being a Christian have to do with appreciating great music?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03 am

TJ wrote:
elviscollector101 wrote: were dinosaurs here before the bible day's or after...

Is that a serious question? They were around about 65 million years before "the bible days".

elviscollector101 wrote: also how long was the world here before someone started counting . we just know what the romans started keeping track of , the world could have been here 10 thousand years as far as we know it . the bible say's that a thousand years is like one day in the eye of God . we will never know for sure down here .

The world has been around for several billion years. With respect, the idea that the Earth might only have been around for 10,000 years is so absurd that it belongs alongside the idea that the Earth is flat. Humans have only been around for a tiny period in the Earth's long history and there is no doubt about that. We don't know everything, but we do live in an age where we are privileged to know a lot about how life developed on our beautiful planet. It's a shame that religion gets in the way of people embracing that knowledge.

What does being a Christian have to do with appreciating great music?
because a quarter of that music is Christian

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:17 am

jdw89 wrote:because a quarter of that music is Christian

I doubt it's as high as that, but it doesn't matter anyway. That just means there's still a mountain of secular music to enjoy. Besides, even non Christians can appreciate the gospel music because of how well Elvis performs it and how well the best of it is produced.