Off Topic Messages

NFL Playoffs & Elvis Weekend

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:33 am

Enjoying the playoffs and listening to Elvis Sings Guitar Man. Almost In Love album's next (I know it's the dreaded budget album...but...US Male, Clean Up Your Own Back Yard, Rubberneckin', My Little Friend ,Edge of Reality, Long Legged Girl...what can I say. I love it.) Then maybe Jailhouse Rock Volume 2. Hope you guys are having a great weekend.

Re: NFL Playoffs & Elvis Weekend

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:57 am

jparsons1969 wrote:Enjoying the playoffs and listening to Elvis Sings Guitar Man. Almost In Love album's next (I know it's the dreaded budget album...but...US Male, Clean Up Your Own Back Yard, Rubberneckin', My Little Friend ,Edge of Reality, Long Legged Girl...what can I say. I love it.) Then maybe Jailhouse Rock Volume 2. Hope you guys are having a great weekend.

Same to you!

Just saw New Orleans lose to Seattle. They had a shot, but the offense couldn't make it.

49ers tomorrow!

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:05 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jparsons1969 wrote:Enjoying the playoffs and listening to Elvis Sings Guitar Man. Almost In Love album's next (I know it's the dreaded budget album...but...US Male, Clean Up Your Own Back Yard, Rubberneckin', My Little Friend ,Edge of Reality, Long Legged Girl...what can I say. I love it.) Then maybe Jailhouse Rock Volume 2. Hope you guys are having a great weekend.

Same to you!

Just saw New Orleans lose to Seattle. They had a shot, but the offense couldn't make it.

49ers tomorrow!

Rooting for them all the way over here on the east coast! :D

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:47 am

memphisound wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Same to you!

49ers tomorrow!

Right on! Carolina is a tough order, it's going to be a terrific match up.

140106_Kaepernick_Green Bay.JPG

Just saw the Colts' Andrew Luck make a perfect pass for a TD in their game against the Patriots.

14-7 in favor of Tom Brady's boys right now.

How sad is it that, after tomorrow, the NFL will only have 3 more games left on the schedule? Ah, football.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:03 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
memphisound wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Same to you!

49ers tomorrow!

Just saw the Colts' Andrew Luck make a perfect pass for a TD in their game against the Patriots.

How sad is it that, after tomorrow, the NFL will only have 3 more games left on the schedule? Ah, football.

Yes close game right now. Hope Indy puts out the Patriots though, not a fan of them LOL.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Why have we got THREE topics with the same title?? Outside the USA, NLF doesn't mean anything to us by the way.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:11 pm

The only reason I was pulling for the Saints yesterday, was because then my Panthers could beat them in Carolina next week. Nobody is giving us a chance today against the niners, but we'll see. Next Sunday Seahawks and Panthers, pay back for week one loss.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:50 pm

memphisound wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
memphisound wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Same to you!

49ers tomorrow!

Yes close game right now. Hope Indy puts out the Patriots though, not a fan of them LOL.

Heh Heh Heh, my home team The Patriots beat the Colts 43 to 22.

Did you know that the artist used ELVIS face for their logo. It is affectionately called "The Flying Elvis"

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:02 pm

Football this weekend...better not tell that to Paul Maguire

phpBB [video]

That's funny, I don't care who you are.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:14 am

Yes its a weekend of great smash mouth football. San Fran plays Seattle next Sunday. That ought to be good. If Peyton and Denver pull through today that'll be a great matchup against NE. Still listening to Elvis. Today is Live at Pearl Harbor and Elvis Sings Memphis Tennessee.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:20 am

jparsons1969 wrote:Yes its a weekend of great smash mouth football. San Fran plays Seattle next Sunday. That ought to be good. If Peyton and Denver pull through today that'll be a great matchup against NE. Still listening to Elvis. Today is Live at Pearl Harbor and Elvis Sings Memphis Tennessee.

Sounds like a legit way to end the weekend man ! :) GO 49ERS

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:56 am

Tony.. wrote:Why have we got THREE topics with the same title?? Outside the USA, NLF doesn't mean anything to us by the way.

The other two were accidental dupes, Tony dot dot.

As far as the National Football League (NFL), it is far and away the #1 U.S. sport, Elvis Presley LOVED the NFL, and don't be surprised if you see both a Super Bowl and an NFL team in London within ten years.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:05 am

memphisound wrote:
jparsons1969 wrote:Yes its a weekend of great smash mouth football. San Fran plays Seattle next Sunday. That ought to be good. If Peyton and Denver pull through today that'll be a great matchup against NE. Still listening to Elvis. Today is Live at Pearl Harbor and Elvis Sings Memphis Tennessee.

Sounds like a legit way to end the weekend man ! :) GO 49ERS

Yes, they took care of Carolina today, shut them out in the 2nd half!

140112_Vernon Davis touchdown catch.JPG

Next week at Seattle will be a tremendous challenge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Tony.. wrote:Outside the USA, NLF doesn't mean anything to us by the way.

I'm in the USA and "NLF" doesn't mean anything to me, either.

Since my Ponies are out of it, I'll be going with Seattle.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:15 pm

jak wrote:Im sitting here at my desk in Charlotte just a short drive from Bank of America stadium. The cries of the Panther fans are starting to emit from the hallways now. Today will be non stop bellyaching.

They have a good, young team, but the SF defense is fantastic. The Panthers will be in the mix next year, but one thing they need to learn is to be better composed on defense. They tried to psych out the Forty-Niners' offense and ended up incurring way too many penalties instead.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Rob wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Outside the USA, NLF doesn't mean anything to us by the way.

I'm in the USA and "NLF" doesn't mean anything to me, either.

Since my Ponies are out of it, I'll be going with Seattle.

And here I thought we were friends.

:cry:

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:23 pm

That has nothing to do with it. We must keep our friendship off of the football field.

You will not make me feel guilty no matter how hard you try.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:33 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
memphisound wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Same to you!

49ers tomorrow!

I don't find that sad at all. In fact, this is one of the things I love about the NFL. There is a very short regular season and in the playoffs every game is life or death. Sometimes less is more. (I do see what you mean, though.) I have grown weary of soccer lately. It's just too much, too many games. I still love to watch the big games but don't follow any league or team on a weekly basis any more. But I do watch my NFL games every week mostly. I discovered this sport thanks to Springsteen. When he played the Super Bowl, I wanted to experience it live, and then I figured it could be fun to watch the game itself, too. What can I say? I have been hooked ever since.

I started out as a Jets supporter because I am a fan of New York and it's the only American city I have been to. But I soon discovered they were a pretty non-descript team and these days I support the entire league instead... :D

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:25 pm

Rob wrote:That has nothing to do with it. We must keep our friendship off of the football field.

You will not make me feel guilty no matter how hard you try.

No worries.

Go ahead, shatter his dreams.

49ers puppy.JPG

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Oh, now, that's not fair!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:20 pm

49ers will beat Seahawks and it doesn't matter who they play in SB, 49ers will win their sixth Lombardi.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:26 am

Rob wrote:Oh, now, that's not fair!

The gauntlet has been thrown. Woof!

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:06 am

EPA4368 wrote:49ers will beat Seahawks and it doesn't matter who they play in SB, 49ers will win their sixth Lombardi.

That would be great, but the road to that goal is long and arduous. I am rooting for them!

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:50 am

Hi Doc,

The picture with your dog is very cool.

Do I see the Steelers-Raven game in the background?

I am pretty sure my Steelers won that game! :)

I'm pulling for your 49ers again this year.

They are my Son's favorite team.

If they pull it off this year they will tie my Steelers with 6 Super Bowls!

The Niners got ripped last year with the bad call in the end zone at the end of the game!

Good Luck in Seattle this week.

::rocks

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:44 am

It's going to be a hard match for the 49ers. I hope they win, they really need to score when they get to the red zone. Last week and also against the Packers, they had hard time scoring from the last 20 yards.