"Can I get a jelly doughnut?"

Twonk.

phpBB [video]

Re: Timberlake - Suspicious Minds

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:37 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:"Can I get a jelly doughnut?"

Twonk.

phpBB [video]

How you found that clip I'll never know.

I've grown to appreciate Justin Timberlake as an actor more than singer, he was superb as "Sean Parker" in "The Social Network," but that German TV appearance actually shows the Memphis native has some concept of the Tupelo Flash. Yeah, he affects a typical "'70s Elvis" parody when singing "Suspicious Minds," but the delivery of the verse shows he has listened to the #1 hit from 1969. Not bad considering he was born 11 years after it charted.

Re: Timberlake - Suspicious Minds

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:09 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:"Can I get a jelly doughnut?"

Twonk.

phpBB [video]

How you found that clip I'll never know.

Merely searching for something Elvis-related.

drjohncarpenter wrote:...that German TV appearance actually shows the Memphis native has some concept of the Tupelo Flash. Yeah, he affects a typical "'70s Elvis" parody when singing "Suspicious Minds," but the delivery of the verse shows he has listened to the #1 hit from 1969. Not bad considering he was born 11 years after it charted.

It's a pity he didn't come up with that hilarious "jelly doughnut" comment during the 50th Anniversary celebrations in Memphis in 2004.

Re: Justin Timberlake - Suspicious Minds

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Oh dear, some people take things far too seriously. It was an off-the-cuff remark in what appears to be a very off-the-cuff tv show. That's all.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:36 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Oh dear, some people take things far too seriously. It was an off-the-cuff remark in what appears to be a very off-the-cuff tv show. That's all.

I would never take anything Justin Timberlake does too seriously.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:03 pm

The guy has talent. And he obviously has practiced his craft. Its a compliment indeed from such a famous star. Everyone knows who their artistic Daddy is!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:13 pm

jungleroombear wrote:The guy has talent. And he obviously has practiced his craft. Its a compliment indeed from such a famous star. Everyone knows who their artistic Daddy is!

He does indeed have talent - as much within acting as music, I think. I've been very impressed with his acting performances. But he also seemingly knows how to handle his career, too. He releases relatively little music, but makes sure each release is extremely good, and his choice of acting roles shows a similar shrewdness.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Elvis had a sense of humor, he would have laughed at it.