Off Topic Messages

Re: I'm Engaged!

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Congratulations!!

Re: I'm Engaged!

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Congrats!

Re: I'm Engaged!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:22 am

Cheers, mate!

Image

Nat is a lucky lady.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Thanks everyone!

Jav - a good eve, as I recall!

I remember we serenaded the high street at the conclusion of our pub crawl as we made our way back to my flat.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:21 pm

londonflash wrote:Thanks everyone!

Jav - a good eve, as I recall!

I remember we serenaded the high street at the conclusion of our pub crawl as we made our way back to my flat.


Yes!
Those were the good ole' days.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:44 pm

javilu wrote:
londonflash wrote:Thanks everyone!

Jav - a good eve, as I recall!

I remember we serenaded the high street at the conclusion of our pub crawl as we made our way back to my flat.


Yes!
Those were the good ole' days.


Seems to me those were the good "ale" days... :D

Re: I'm Engaged!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Scarre wrote:
javilu wrote:
londonflash wrote:Thanks everyone!

Jav - a good eve, as I recall!

I remember we serenaded the high street at the conclusion of our pub crawl as we made our way back to my flat.


Yes!
Those were the good ole' days.


Seems to me those were the good "ale" days... :D


And that too!
Altough at today's currency exchange I'd have to bring my own beer from Argentina :D

Re: I'm Engaged!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:59 am

Londonflash, first off let me offer you my condol- err, I mean my congratulations. (Forgive my Freudian slip ... but understand that, once you say "I do" your life as you know it is over.) Now then Flash, while everyone else has offered up Hallmark card sentiments your FECC pal ol' Doob is going to tell you what you need to know in order to, if not experience marital bliss, then at least not wake up in bed with a kitchen knife stuck in your ribs. At any rate, if you heed my advice your time spent in what we Americans refer to as the doghouse will be minimized.

Here's what you need to accept Flash:
1.) What's hers is hers and what's yours is hers.
2.) Marriage is a partnership, but it ain't 50-50. It's more like 65-35, with the woman being the 65.
3.) Start practicing saying "I'm sorry" because you're going to be saying it a lot - even when you've done nothing wrong.
4.) When the woman's 'monthly friend' pays a visit you automatically become the a$$hole of the western world.

And there you have it Flash. Take to heart those 4 rules and you have a shot at a long and successful marriage. I'll be hitting 21 years this summer. Oh, and Flash, if you should need plans for a really comfortable doghouse (and trust me, at some point you will) just contact me.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:21 am

Congratulations londonflash! To both of you!!

Re: I'm Engaged!

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Londonflash, first off let me offer you my condol- err, I mean my congratulations. (Forgive my Freudian slip ... but understand that, once you say "I do" your life as you know it is over.) Now then Flash, while everyone else has offered up Hallmark card sentiments your FECC pal ol' Doob is going to tell you what you need to know in order to, if not experience marital bliss, then at least not wake up in bed with a kitchen knife stuck in your ribs. At any rate, if you heed my advice your time spent in what we Americans refer to as the doghouse will be minimized.

Here's what you need to accept Flash:
1.) What's hers is hers and what's yours is hers.
2.) Marriage is a partnership, but it ain't 50-50. It's more like 65-35, with the woman being the 65.
3.) Start practicing saying "I'm sorry" because you're going to be saying it a lot - even when you've done nothing wrong.
4.) When the woman's 'monthly friend' pays a visit you automatically become the a$$hole of the western world.

And there you have it Flash. Take to heart those 4 rules and you have a shot at a long and successful marriage. I'll be hitting 21 years this summer. Oh, and Flash, if you should need plans for a really comfortable doghouse (and trust me, at some point you will) just contact me.


Sage advice, sir.

The worrying thing is I think I may already be observing these rules without realising!

Re: I'm Engaged!

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Congratulations londonflash.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:02 pm

I've been asked to forward congratulations by Carolynlm & Robt [neither of whom post here now].

So................ Congratulations !
Last edited by ColinB on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:10 am

ColinB wrote:I've been asked to forward congratulations by Carloynlm & Robt [neither of whom post here now].

So................ Congratulations !


That's very kind. Please send my thanks and best wishes to Carolyn and Robt.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:43 pm

ColinB wrote:I've been asked to forward congratulations by Carolynlm & Robt [neither of whom post here now].

Please tell Carolynlm that I still love her very, very much.

Thank you in advance.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Rob wrote:
ColinB wrote:I've been asked to forward congratulations by Carolynlm & Robt [neither of whom post here now].

Please tell Carolynlm that I still love her very, very much.

Thank you in advance.


What about Robt?

Is there a chance you still care?

Re: I'm Engaged!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:41 pm

My eyes can only see as far as Carolyn.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Congratulation Londonflash :) ...yes this is THE moment....moment of new start , new life, new way...eveything, i wish you and your future wife all the best in the world

Re: I'm Engaged!

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:59 am

Rob wrote:My eyes can only see as far as Carolyn.


She reports: "please tell Rob that I still very much admire him......"

Re: I'm Engaged!

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Bless her heart.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:16 pm

I'm starting to feel like I'm back in high school, with Rob asking Colin to pass Carolyn a note in study hall.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:21 pm

What happens between Carolyn and I in study hall (and after school) is nobody else's business.

Re: I'm Engaged!

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Rob wrote:What happens between Carolyn and I in study hall (and after school) is nobody else's business.


Well, it's also Colin's business since he's the go-between. :)

Re: I'm Engaged!

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:11 pm

Pete Dube wrote:I'm starting to feel like I'm back in high school, with Rob asking Colin to pass Carolyn a note in study hall.


LOL !

And I'm having to read the messages, too !

Re: I'm Engaged!

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:56 pm

ColinB wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:I'm starting to feel like I'm back in high school, with Rob asking Colin to pass Carolyn a note in study hall.


LOL !

And I'm having to read the messages, too !


Oh my goodness Colin, that's an unsettling thought. You've got a glimpse into the inner workings of Rob's mind! You've peered into the abyss. I recommend you consult with a mental health professional posthaste!