Off Topic Messages

Any Elvis fans in Barcelona?

Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:28 am

Hi Guys and happy new year to everyone.
I will spend 4 days in Barcelona next February and since I've never been there before I thought I'd ask if anyone who lives there would like to meet up and chat Elvis!
I can speak English and perfect Argentinean Spanish.
Anyone?
See you guys there!

Love,
Javi

Re: Any Elvis fans in Barcelona?

Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Start learning Catalan! I'm from Barcelona so good luck there. :D

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:29 am

Francesc wrote:Start learning Catalan! I'm from Barcelona so good luck there. :D

I have 20 days to learn Catalan!
I hope it's nice over there, Francesc.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:23 am

Sure it is.

Hola Bon Dia = Hello, Good morning.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:14 pm

Francesc wrote:Sure it is.

Hola Bon Dia = Hello, Good morning.

That's an easy one!
Anyone from the forum who actually lives in Barcelona?

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:09 am

jajaja cabron

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:21 am

javilu wrote:Hi Guys and happy new year to everyone.
I will spend 4 days in Barcelona next February and since I've never been there before I thought I'd ask if anyone who lives there would like to meet up and chat Elvis!
Anyone?
See you guys there!

Love,
Javi

Hey Javilu, you can count with me. I speak spanish, argentinian, catalan and english :D
Check your private PM

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:22 pm

javierTCB wrote:
Anyone?
See you guys there!

Love,
Javi

Hey Javilu, you can count with me. I speak spanish, argentinian, catalan and english :D
Check your private PM

Gracias Javier!
I will test your Argentinean in february :P
I will answer your PM in a minute.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:46 pm

javilu wrote:
javierTCB wrote:
Anyone?
See you guys there!

Love,
Javi

Check your private PM

Gracias Javier!
I will test your Argentinean in february :P
I will answer your PM in a minute.

OK Javilu :o

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Allá vamos!

phpBB [video]

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hace ya años que no voy para Barcelona y ahora me pilla un poco lejos ya que vivo en el sur, pero recuerdo que habían buenas tiendas de discos en las calles colindantes de la Rambla con bastante material de Elvis 8). Que te muestre javierTCB las tiendas si puede :wink:. Buena estancia!. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:05 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Hace ya años que no voy para Barcelona y ahora me pilla un poco lejos ya que vivo en el sur, pero recuerdo que habían buenas tiendas de discos en las calles colindantes de la Rambla con bastante material de Elvis 8). Que te muestre javierTCB las tiendas si puede :wink:. Buena estancia!. Bye for now :smt006.

Gracias!
Venden FTD a buenos precios?

Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi Mike,
You mean the Calle Tallers just off the top of Las Ramblas, although there are still a few shops there it is certainly not as good as it was a few years ago with several closing down. From time to time there are a few FTD releases but very overpriced. Up until a couple of years ago there was a great shop in Badalona(few minutes from Barcelona)called Memphis Records that stocked almost everything you would ever need but I think that now if they are still around it is mail order only.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:34 pm

sgt bilko wrote:Hi Mike,
You mean the Calle Tallers just off the top of Las Ramblas, although there are still a few shops there it is certainly not as good as it was a few years ago with several closing down. From time to time there are a few FTD releases but very overpriced. Up until a couple of years ago there was a great shop in Badalona(few minutes from Barcelona)called Memphis Records that stocked almost everything you would ever need but I think that now if they are still around it is mail order only.

Gracias/thanks Sgt. Bilko!
You can meet with us as well if you're located in Barcelona.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Si, vivo en Barcelona ciudad.
saludos.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:59 pm

sgt bilko wrote:Si, vivo en Barcelona ciudad.
saludos.

Pues nos vemos en febrero entonces!

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

sgt bilko wrote:Hi Mike,

Glad to see you are back, welcome again! 8). Yes, that was the street, it was 15 years ago the last time i was there. Regarding the Elvis shop in Badalona it was great but as you stated it closed two years ago :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:44 pm

As it happens I cut through there this morning on the way to a customer. One of the shops had the recently released Elvis on Tour vinyl set in the window at 105 euros. Yes it was sad that Memphis Records closed as it was a great place to get anything Elvis you were after. To be honest I am not sure if he still does mail order as he had a load of stock that he obviously needed to sell at some point.
Javilu, send me a pm regarding anything you get organised for your time in Barcelona.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:08 pm

PM sent!

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:37 am

Thank you Sgt. Bilko for meeting me up in Barcelona!
We had a great time

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:32 pm

Really enjoyable , thanks for taking the time to meet up. Hopefully see you back again here some day.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:04 pm

sgt bilko wrote:Really enjoyable , thanks for taking the time to meet up. Hopefully see you back again here some day.

Of course! The pleasure was all mine.