Off Topic Messages

Engelbert Humperdinck, My Way

Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:53 pm

phpBB [video]

Re: Engelbert Humperdinck, My Way

Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:28 am

Here's Engelbert's effort to impersonate Elvis (to some extent) on the Hilton stage in 1982. Watch the very end of this song where he gives the two girls on stage kisses and scarves. He has a nice romantic voice, but I just never saw the sex appeal he tried to project.

Elvisly,

Linda

phpBB [video]

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:21 pm

lovin' EP wrote:Here's Engelbert's effort to impersonate Elvis (to some extent) on the Hilton stage in 1982. Watch the very end of this song where he gives the two girls on stage kisses and scarves. He has a nice romantic voice, but I just never saw the sex appeal he tried to project.

Elvisly,

Linda

phpBB [video]

I really wouldn't say he was trying to impersonate Elvis. He was doing the "kiss the girls" routine before Elvis started doing it. The only thing you could say was Elvis like was his collar otherwise he has very little in common with Elvis. Can't really say I'm a "Eng" fan but he seems to have always been a big draw internationally and sold a lot of records. I posted the My Way clip because I thought it was a pretty impressive performance for his age at the time.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Thanks Eligain,i enjoyed that