Off Topic Messages

How popular is Alain Delon in your country ?

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi

tell me

Re: How popular is Alain Delon in your country ?

Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:11 am

I am not being smart, but I've not ever heard of him. So, zero.

I'll look to see who he is.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:45 am

what is your country Mountain Misst ?

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:08 am

TCB4, why do you ask about Delon?
Last edited by Mountain Misst on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:11 am

i'll answer tomorrow ; thanx for your patience 8)

Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:14 am

You are welcome :D

Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:00 am

NOT VERY popular in uk

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:30 am

VERY popular and well known here in Cambodia

download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:23 am

Who?

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:33 am

Julian Grant wrote:VERY popular and well known here in Cambodia

download.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:27 am

I'm in the US, and I've never heard of him. What does he do, actor? Singer?

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:29 am

He's not as popular as Keith Urban.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:52 am

ImageAlain Fabien Maurice Marcel Delon (born 8 November 1935) is a French-born actor and businessman, with French-Swiss dual citizenship since 1999. He rose quickly to stardom, and by the age of 23 was already being compared to French actors such as Gérard Philipe and Jean Marais, as well as American actor James Dean. He was even called the male Brigitte Bardot. Over the course of his career, Delon has worked with many well-known directors, including Luchino Visconti, Jean-Luc Godard, Jean-Pierre Melville, Michelangelo Antonioni and Louis Malle.

Delon acquired Swiss citizenship on September 23, 1999, and the company managing products sold under his name is based in Geneva. He is a citizen of the community of Chêne-Bougeries in the canton of Geneva.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Last edited by paulsweeney on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:53 am

Despite what I posted above, I've never heard of him until I saw this post.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:11 am

Here in Germany there are sometimes some of his older movies in the tv.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:22 pm

If his ex-wife Nathalie van Breemen (sp?) would not be in the gossip magazines stating she was married to Alain Delon, we would not know about him here in Holland.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:09 pm

He's one of France's great movie stars and was popular in Europe, although not a household name in America or the UK. He starred in many films of a high renown, especially crime movies, such as The Big Snatch, Le Samourai, Le Cercle Rouge and Un Flic. He also starred, along with Burt Lancaster and Claudia Cardinale, in Luchino Visconte's 1963 classic, The Leopard. Which, along with Le Samourai, can be considered among the finest films of the sixties. Rocco and His Brothers, also directed by Visconte, is of the same standard. Whilst, Delon also acted in American movies, such as Texas Across the River, with Dean Martin, the woeful, Airport '79, and a few British films, such as The Yellow Taxi and Jack Cardiff's The Girl on a Motorcycle. Delon's renown and international popularity allowed him to work with some of the best producers, directors and actors in the world -- exemplified in the 1971 film, Red Sun, which was directed by Terrence Young and starred Delon, Ursula Andress, the great Toshiro Mifune and Charles Bronson. His best films are genuinely tremendous, though. Especially those directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, namely Le Cercle Rouge and Le Samourai.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Was quite popular here for a while during the 70s but has since been pretty much forgotten.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:21 pm

Funny that in france AD is treated like a superstar , yes he has a great career , a personal aura , he would be very famous in China .

french tv treat some celebs like megastars (c dion, b bardot) but when you take a closer look at their lives, they are just 'mister everybody' (like we say here ) :idea:

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:13 am

greystoke wrote:He's one of France's great movie stars and was popular in Europe, although not a household name in America or the UK. He starred in many films of a high renown, especially crime movies, such as The Big Snatch, Le Samourai, Le Cercle Rouge and Un Flic. He also starred, along with Burt Lancaster and Claudia Cardinale, in Luchino Visconte's 1963 classic, The Leopard. Which, along with Le Samourai, can be considered among the finest films of the sixties. Rocco and His Brothers, also directed by Visconte, is of the same standard. Whilst, Delon also acted in American movies, such as Texas Across the River, with Dean Martin, the woeful, Airport '79, and a few British films, such as The Yellow Taxi and Jack Cardiff's The Girl on a Motorcycle. Delon's renown and international popularity allowed him to work with some of the best producers, directors and actors in the world -- exemplified in the 1971 film, Red Sun, which was directed by Terrence Young and starred Delon, Ursula Andress, the great Toshiro Mifune and Charles Bronson. His best films are genuinely tremendous, though. Especially those directed by Jean-Pierre Melville, namely Le Cercle Rouge and Le Samourai.

Nice roundup of his career!
Delon also starred opposite Burt Lancaster in another great film (apart from The Leopard), and he appeared with Ann-Margret (which is interesting for a lot of Elvis fans). And let's not forget Borsalino with Belmondo. Next to Red Sun and Le Samurai, I will always remember him for his role as The Black Tulip.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Never ever heard of him