Off Topic Messages

Re: Going to See LMFP Tomorrow

Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:54 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KHoots wrote:I loves me some Lisa, but if she sounded like that when you heard her, "horribly off-key" pretty much nails the assessment.

:shock:

Nothing to be shocked about. She's certainly not a polished vocalist or performer. Anyone should be able to see that that is the reality.

Having said that..........Like you, I am "A-OK" with Lisa. I admire the fact that she's out there, visible to the fans, and doing the best she can when she doesn't need to. Her daddy would be very proud of her. I have her CD's, and would love to see her perform live, as elvisjock did.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:37 am

Wonderfully detailed post, thank you for sharing!

JosephC

Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:22 pm

FYI For The OP: She has stopped using the "LMFP" moniker.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:28 pm

eligain wrote:When she was younger she looked so much like Elvis but as she's getting older she looks more like Priscilla.

That's what you call a lose-lose situation, any way you look at it.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Tony Trout wrote:FYI For The OP: She has stopped using the "LMFP" moniker.

Oh, I hope not.

LMFP rocks!!!

Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:40 pm

I was chatting with a guy who looked like he had some connection to the tour. He had an LMFP t-shirt hidden under his outer shirt (He also took the initiative to raise the shirts and show me several Lisa autographs that are tattooed into his chest and abdomen).

Anyway, he said she's "mellowed out" a bit, in terms of her cursing.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 am

elvisjock wrote:I was chatting with a guy who looked like he had some connection to the tour. He had an LMFP t-shirt hidden under his outer shirt (He also took the initiative to raise the shirts and show me several Lisa autographs that are tattooed into his chest and abdomen).

Good to hear, actually. I suppose that was bound to happen with a few more years of living.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 am

KHoots wrote:
elvisjock wrote:I was chatting with a guy who looked like he had some connection to the tour. He had an LMFP t-shirt hidden under his outer shirt (He also took the initiative to raise the shirts and show me several Lisa autographs that are tattooed into his chest and abdomen).

Good to hear, actually. I suppose that was bound to happen with a few more years of living.

Are you suggesting her father might ALSO have "mellowed out" in this regard, too?

:o

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:40 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, I hope not.

LMFP rocks!!!

Rocks for a girl in her 20's, not so much for a lady in her 40's who could potentially be a grandmother.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:22 am

eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, I hope not.

LMFP rocks!!!

Rocks for a girl in her 20's, not so much for a lady in her 40's who could potentially be a grandmother.

Wow, just shoot any woman over 40.

:smt021

Better, please give your mum a hug! lol

Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:48 pm

rjm wrote:
KHoots wrote:

Are you suggesting her father might ALSO have "mellowed out" in this regard, too?

:o

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Who knows.....Different people, different circumstances.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, I hope not.

LMFP rocks!!!

No, just show a little more class.

My Mom had more class than that in her 20's!

Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:11 pm

eligain wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, I hope not.

LMFP rocks!!!

I was trying to gently point out that in one swoop, you probably insulted every woman on this board with your comment and suggested, in my way, to appreciate older women.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:34 am

Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, I hope not.

LMFP rocks!!!

I was trying to gently point out that in one swoop, you probably insulted every woman on this board with your comment and suggested, in my way, to appreciate older women.

I got your point. ;-)

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:12 am

Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, I hope not.

LMFP rocks!!!

No, I was only insulting the the women on this board with no class. Sorry but I don't think Lisa calling herself Lisa Marie F%uking Presley shows much class at any age, much less in her 40's when she should know better. She should have known better in her 20's and 30's and in her teens for that matter.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:03 am

eligain wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, I hope not.

LMFP rocks!!!

No, I was only insulting the the women on this board with no class. Sorry but I don't think Lisa calling herself Lisa Marie F%uking Presley shows much class at any age, much less in her 40's when she should know better. She should have known better in her 20's and 30's and in her teens for that matter.

To whom, on this board, are you referring?

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:19 am

Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Oh, I hope not.

LMFP rocks!!!

To whom, on this board, are you referring?

I'm not referring to anyone. Only someone with no class would be offended.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:00 am

Lights out is the only song I like from Lisa Marie, but that clip is off-key for sure and bloody awful

Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Lisa is returning to Natick on January 10. Different venue. Even closer to my house.

She obviously digs me!!

This time around, the VIP package includes an "After-show hang with Q&A." There is a disclaimer stating that anyone dressed in the likeness of Elvis or Michael Jackson will not be admitted. I'm not kidding.

Where can I find a Nic Cage mask?

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:42 pm

elvisjock wrote:There is a disclaimer stating that anyone dressed in the likeness of Elvis or Michael Jackson will not be admitted. I'm not kidding.

That's an awkward request. It's completely understandable but still sad that it has to be explicitly said. Did they have a few issues with people coming in dressed as Elvis or Michael?

Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Justin wrote:
elvisjock wrote:There is a disclaimer stating that anyone dressed in the likeness of Elvis or Michael Jackson will not be admitted. I'm not kidding.

That's an awkward request. It's completely understandable but still sad that it has to be explicitly said. Did they have a few issues with people coming in dressed as Elvis or Michael?

It seems likely.

That's right up there with "No brown M&Ms."

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:22 pm

elvisjock wrote:Lisa is returning to Natick on January 10. Different venue. Even closer to my house.

She obviously digs me!!

This time around, the VIP package includes an "After-show hang with Q&A." There is a disclaimer stating that anyone dressed in the likeness of Elvis or Michael Jackson will not be admitted. I'm not kidding.

Where can I find a Nic Cage mask?

Why doesn't she just meet with her fans before hand as part of her ticket cost instead of gouging them for VIP tickets? She has such a small turnout to begin with, does she really need the money? It isn't like she's selling out 20,000 seats or even 2000 seats and a lucky few can pay extra to see her beforehand. She only has like a 200-400 turnout for her shows.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:37 pm

I even wonder if Lisa will ever tour again or put out another album after this tour is over.

No more albums usually means no tours because singers of today don't tour unless they are promoting a record.

Her last album didn't do very well at all.

This could be your last chance to ever attend a Lisa Marie Presley Concert and VIP after party.

If you view it that way it might be worth the extra money.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:41 pm

Justin wrote:

It was a mixture of both.

That's why both are specifically mentioned.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:28 am

elvisjock wrote:
Justin wrote:

It seems likely.

That's right up there with "No brown M&Ms."

brian wrote:
It was a mixture of both.

That's why both are specifically mentioned.

That's real sad that someone would do that. I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa dumps these meet and greets in the near future because of these idiots.