Off Topic Messages

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Last edited by SUN-RCA on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Secret Service Agent recalls JFK shooting

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Mr. Hill is on every media outlet for the past two weeks. Oh yeah ...and he's also promoting his new book "Five Days In November". It's all about the money for him. :facep:

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:03 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Mr. Hill is on every media outlet for the past two weeks. Oh yeah ...and he's also promoting his new book "Five Days In November". It's all about the money for him. :facep:

Can you blame him? He's been asked millions of times and he's lived with guilt from it.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:48 pm

50 years ago today ( 22nd November) John Kennedy was assassinated. The same as when John Lennon was shot and Elvis Presley died, I can remember exactly where I was when I heard the news as an 18 year old. After the Cuban missile crises when the world, including myself, held their breath, I remember thinking how could anyone have the audacity to murder such a man.

At the time I was in deep shock and this anniversary has bought it all back.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:30 am

Mike C wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Mr. Hill is on every media outlet for the past two weeks. Oh yeah ...and he's also promoting his new book "Five Days In November". It's all about the money for him. :facep:

Can you blame him? He's been asked millions of times and he's lived with guilt from it.

I have no problem with him being on every media outlet who wishes to speak with him. His story is fascinating, and needs to be heard. If he profits from that, so be it. Any one of us would likely do exactly the same thing.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:47 pm

For many years, Clint Hill just did not do many interviews or news appearances. The few times he agreed to one, he would break down crying as he recalled the horror of that day and was unable to continue his story.. He stated that the worst thing to recall was when Jackie climbed onto the trunk of the presidential limo to retrieve part of her husbands skull (which she later handed over to doctors at Parkland Memorial Hospital).
If he wanted to tell his story just for the sake of $$$...he would have done it long before this. He is simply telling the story from the angle of someone who was within feet of the president when he was assassinated and wants to tell his story before he dies. After all, he is 80+ years old. He is also tired of being contacted by media (and sometimes harassed by them) for the last 50 years. He wants to put this to rest once and for all.