Off Topic Messages

Mike Tyson-Undisputed Truth

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:20 pm

If there's any boxing fans on the forum (I think there's a few) do yourself a favour and pick up Mike Tyson's bio Undisputed Truth.I've just finished reading it and it's a very,very honest account of his life,the ups and the downs and there are more downs than I thought.
I thought it would be a book where he bares his soul and I wasn't disappointed,I'd recommend it to anyone.

Re: Mike Tyson-Undisputed Truth

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Im reading it now,a very honest book

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:36 pm

It is Ken,when you get to the end he really opens up about his state of mind,Tyson is ,now,so self aware and isn't afraid to open his past up to the reader.I found it fascinating,I couldn't put it down.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:38 pm

jacob wrote:It is Ken,when you get to the end he really opens up about his state of mind,Tyson is ,now,so self aware and isn't afraid to open his past up to the reader.I found it fascinating,I couldn't put it down.

am only 3 chapters in ,but fascinating so far

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Ken-Hope your enjoying the Tyson book.I don't know whether your interested but I was in my local £land the other day and they've got a boxing book in there,it's called Beautiful Brutality by Adam Smith,he's Sky sports head of boxing and the books about the families behind boxing's biggest names.I saw it in Waterstones last week for £15 so I've got myself a bargain!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm a huge boxing fan. I must get the new Tyson book - think I'll put it on my Christmas list.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:42 pm

jacob wrote:Ken-Hope your enjoying the Tyson book.I don't know whether your interested but I was in my local £land the other day and they've got a boxing book in there,it's called Beautiful Brutality by Adam Smith,he's Sky sports head of boxing and the books about the families behind boxing's biggest names.I saw it in Waterstones last week for £15 so I've got myself a bargain!

Thanks Jacob i will look in poundland

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Elfan wrote:I'm a huge boxing fan. I must get the new Tyson book - think I'll put it on my Christmas list.

If your going to get it get it at one of the supermarkets,it's only £9 when I went into to Waterstones to pre-order it they wanted £15 for it!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Just watched this on YouTube http://youtu.be/7xxBzfSn6cI
Fascinating insight to his rape trial.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:48 pm

jacob wrote:If your going to get it get it at one of the supermarkets,it's only £9 when I went into to Waterstones to pre-order it they wanted £15 for it!

Thanks Jacob - will do.