Off Topic Messages

Re: November 22, 1963 (Rare Photo)

Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:59 pm

rjm wrote:
If any of you ever get in a jam, I would hope that you are not prejudged in this way. And that you will fight for your rights.

Damn straight Robin ! We all have rights, even when charged.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:36 am

rjm wrote:What does that mean? He made a fist?
A calm intentional act of defiance. He was saying 'you've got me, but I got the President, job done'.

rjm wrote: He consistently declared his innocence, always.
Really, when asked 'Did you kill the President?' Oswald replied, "No, I have not been charged with that. In fact nobody has said that to me yet".

Not exactly a declaration of innocence, he was asked if he had killed the President, not if had been charged with killing the President.

rjm wrote: Black power salutes did not yet exist, and this is not a victory sign.
Communist and militant groups have used the clenched fist salute since the 1930's.

rjm wrote:If any of you ever get in a jam, I would hope that you are not prejudged in this way.
That was quite a jam he found himself in.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Bill Newman, a credible eyewitness claims all 3 shots came from the grassy knoll.

phpBB [video]

Here is Bill Newman some 50 years later in an interview with Jesse Ventura describing the same thing.

phpBB [video]

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:32 am

Last edited by mike edwards66 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:31 pm

That "gesture" or "clenched fist salute", is a perfect example of seeing things the way we want to see them.
We want to believe what we want to believe. What we need to believe, really.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:09 am

Bob-Holland wrote:We want to believe what we want to believe.

Amen to that.

Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Who killed JFK: 52 Years of Enduring Conspiracy Theories

http://www.theweek.co.uk/55933/who-kill ... y-theories

"Four years ago, a team of historians and retired Secret Service officers used the latest digital technology to analyse all the available film and still images taken in Dallas that day. Their conclusion: a "categorical confirmation" that JFK's assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, acted alone."

Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Stvimpe wrote:Who killed JFK: 52 Years of Enduring Conspiracy Theories

http://www.theweek.co.uk/55933/who-kill ... y-theories

"Four years ago, a team of historians and retired Secret Service officers used the latest digital technology to analyse all the available film and still images taken in Dallas that day. Their conclusion: a "categorical confirmation" that JFK's assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, acted alone."

The coverup continues.

Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:27 pm

Doc, I read recently a book from Stephen King - JFK 22.11.1963, and after I finished it, I had very mixed feelings. The writer was also a fan of the Oswald lone nut single killer theory but he admits his wife ( a person who knew personally JFK) wasn't. The idea of the book was that the main character returned back in 1963 to save Kennedy and he succeeded. But I didn't like at all the following chapters-in King's imagination a nuclear war began and America was back in the Middle Ages.
To me there are facts that can't be ignored: Oswald was a bad shooter, he didn't practice since the army, his gun (an old italian rifle from 1944) was a mess, the experts of the Warren Comitee tried to shoot 3 times in 6 seconds on a fixed target and failed even after they repaired Oswald gun. So how anyone could believe this man shoot and killed JFK in 6 seconds?!? And also with the magic bullet almost killed the Governor Connally ??? To me it's unbelievable. The Warren Comittee wrote in their report that Oswald tried to kill General Walker in April 1963 when he was very close to his target and failed. True or not, this show how a bad shooter Lee Harvey Oswald was.