Off Topic Messages

Re: Having Major Foot Surgery

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:40 pm

Good to see you posting, Tony!

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:17 pm

londonflash wrote:Good to see you posting, Tony!

Thanks! As I told Keith, though, I'm suffering from "cabin fever" really bad because I'm not able to get out of the house as much as I would like. :-(

Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:18 am

Tony Trout wrote:

Thanks! As I told Keith, though, I'm suffering from "cabin fever" really bad because I'm not able to get out of the house as much as I would like. :-(

Keep on listening to the music, and get better. I am rooting for you.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:

Keep on listening to the music, and get better. I am rooting for you.

DJC,

I can't listen to any music because all of my CDs are in my CD player @ my place that's behind my parents house. :'(

Thanks for the kind words\encouragement!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Tony Trout wrote:I can't listen to any music because all of my CDs are in my CD player @ my place that's behind my parents house. :'(

What's wrong with using the iPad and the Internet connection to listen to some music?

Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:23 pm

That would take drama of the situation

Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:15 am

I'm glad you're doing fine Tony.

I wish all the best for you!

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:25 am

The Pirate wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:I can't listen to any music because all of my CDs are in my CD player @ my place that's behind my parents house. :'(

What's wrong with using the iPad and the Internet connection to listen to some music?

Ehh, it makes me want to play along with my guitar but...since I recently sold it to help acquire some $$$ for another Paisley Tele, I can't. Plus, under doctor's orders, I can't be up and around putting full weight on my left foot so I'm having to stay with the parents until May.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:35 pm

I was in Asheville, NC over the weekend. Weather was gorgeous. The whole time, I thought to myself, "I'm in Tony Trout country now."

I hope you are feeling better, my man.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
The Pirate wrote:

Ehh, it makes me want to play along with my guitar but...since I recently sold it to help acquire some $$$ for another Paisley Tele, I can't. Plus, under doctor's orders, I can't be up and around putting full weight on my left foot so I'm having to stay with the parents until May.

But you sent this post from an iPad, presumably over an Internet connection. So I'm still not sure why you can't access some music. Youtube, Spotify, can't you get those on an iPad?

Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:23 pm

Rob: Thans, buddy, that means a lot to me!

The Pirate: Yes, I can access music/videos with my IPad2 - and I have listened to some via the IPad2 - but, it still makes me want to play along with the music but...since I'm having to stay with my parents until May, I don't have access to my musical instruments. I guess I'll just play "air guitar"...LOL!

I'm currently working towards purchasing the guitar pictured below. I sold my '96 RI (reissue) Pink Paisley (which had a B/G SteelBender StringBender & Scruggs/Schaller banjo tuners & Joe Barden pickups) to help with acquiring this beauty:

Having Major Foot Surgery

Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Popping in again for a minute...

Regarding the guitar pictured above, I have had a change of heart in wanting to purchase it and have found another paisley Tele AND a reproduction of Nashville, TN studio musician, Brent Mason's, '68 Telecaster!

The prices are what changed my mind: $1,500.00 for each guitar which even includes hard shell cases! That's much better than paying nearly $3,000.00 for one single guitar, don't ya'll think?

Here are pics of the guitars! Just click on the images to enlarge them.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:39 pm

If anybody cares....

I wanted to let you guys know that I am going back for, hopefully, my final check-up on April 14, 2014. I'm hoping that the surgeon will remove the "boot" that I'm having to wear so that I can attempt walking on my left foot.

It's gonna take a long time before I'm back to full speed, unfortunately. Part of my left foot is actually still numb from the surgery and it will stay that way for a while.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know.....

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:16 pm

I care.

Good luck, Tony.

I note you've made an entry in the "Leaving" thread: hope it's only temporary.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Tony Trout wrote:If anybody cares....

I wanted to let you guys know that I am going back for, hopefully, my final check-up on April 14, 2014. I'm hoping that the surgeon will remove the "boot" that I'm having to wear so that I can attempt walking on my left foot.

It's gonna take a long time before I'm back to full speed, unfortunately. Part of my left foot is actually still numb from the surgery and it will stay that way for a while.

Hi Tony,

Please don't worry about the few. I care about you and you are a caring man. Always think of peoples' motive when they respond negatively. If I had the money I would have given it to you; I am so sorry, that I don't. That is the thing about giving, it is to give pleasure to the receiver, it isn't about the giver at all. So please, please, don't worry. There isn't anything wrong with asking as you have done. If you don't ask, you don't receive. Right? Just make your rest from here temporary, and concentrate on the good, ignore anyone who bothers you. Life shoots by, and you need to grab it and feel good with the right people.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:31 pm

George Smith wrote:I care.

Good luck, Tony.

I would hope so, too, especially because of good, kind people like George!

See you around the 'net, Tony. Just do me one favor: PLEASE do not hit the self-destruct button! You know: the button Rob hit. There's no need for that.

Take a vacation from the board if people are getting you down. But the key is under the mat. Many of us love you. And DEFINITELY care!

I got mad and hurt tonight over a gratuitous comment about my generous use of the "Thank" function in a thread in which I did not even participate! But I will be back. Because of the good folks here. (And even for the "entertainment. ;) )

There should be another official thread: the "I Am So Upset I Want To Leave" official thread! I would use it a lot!

rjm

Sent via mobile

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Mountain Misst wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:If anybody cares....

Hi Tony,

Please don't worry about the few. I care about you and you are a caring man. Always think of peoples' motive when they respond negatively. If I had the money I would have given it to you; I am so sorry, that I don't. That is the thing about giving, it is to give pleasure to the receiver, it isn't about the giver at all. So please, please, don't worry. There isn't anything wrong with asking as you have done. If you don't ask, you don't receive. Right? Just make your rest from here temporary, and concentrate on the good, ignore anyone who bothers you. Life shoots by, and you need to grab it and feel good with the right people.

+1

Tony, Mountain Mist is one of the sweetest, kindest people anywhere. And she's here!

rjm

Sent via mobile

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:10 pm

rjm wrote:
+1

Tony, Mountain Mist is one of the sweetest, kindest people anywhere. And she's here!

rjm

+1000000

Yes !!!!! I second that as well !!! Thank You Robin !!! The best & truest statement that I've heard all year !!!!! :D :D

Lots Of Love !! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:14 pm

Mountain Misst wrote:
Hi Tony,

Well put Missty. I couldn't have said it better. :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:17 pm

rjm wrote:
George Smith wrote:I care.

Good luck, Tony.

I would hope so, too, especially because of good, kind people like George!

See you around the 'net, Tony. Just do me one favor: PLEASE do not hit the self-destruct button! You know: the button Rob hit. There's no need for that.

Take a vacation from the board if people are getting you down. But the key is under the mat. Many of us love you. And DEFINITELY care!

I got mad and hurt tonight over a gratuitous comment about my generous use of the "Thank" function in a thread in which I did not even participate! But I will be back. Because of the good folks here. (And even for the "entertainment. ;) )

There should be another official thread: the "I Am So Upset I Want To Leave" official thread! I would use it a lot!

rjm

+1000000

I totally agree with the above statement. Wishing nothing but the best for our friend Tony Trout. I wish I could help you Tony...but I will send you positive vibes down your way. Get well soon ! :smt023

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:27 pm

Thanks, everyone....

I just got back from Asheville, NC about an hour and a half ago and - I am healing as expected, thank God! I have to have new shoes with new inserts made and I have to wear a small brace on my foot to keep it from turning in or out like the foot used to do. I can now take the huge boot off at night BUT I have to keep it on during the day. However, I'm confident in knowing that there will come a point where I won't have to wear the boot anymore - YAY!!! It will take me about a year to actually FULLY heal to the point where my foot isn't numb in spot like it is right now.

I go back for my FINAL appointment on July 21, 2014!!
:D :D :D

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Tony Trout wrote:Thanks, everyone....

I just got back from Asheville, NC about an hour and a half ago and - I am healing as expected, thank God! I have to have new shoes with new inserts made and I have to wear a small brace on my foot to keep it from turning in or out like the foot used to do. I can now take the huge boot off at night BUT I have to keep it on during the day. However, I'm confident in knowing that there will come a point where I won't have to wear the boot anymore - YAY!!! It will take me about a year to actually FULLY heal to the point where my foot isn't numb in spot like it is right now.

I go back for my FINAL appointment on July 21, 2014!!
:D :D :D

Positive attitude does wonders. Glad you're doing better Tony.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:54 pm

Glad you are feelin better Tony T

mobile reply

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 pm

All the best Tony.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:24 am

Hi Tony
Wish you all the best, good to see you here