Off Topic Messages

Having Major Foot Surgery

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:10 am

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm writing this to ask for good thoughts because I am scheduled to have MAJOR foot surgery on January 7, 2014.

Since I am disabled with Cerebral Palsy, my left foot has always wanted to actually turn over with me or turn inward when I walk and I am going under the knife to have this corrected. The recovery will take months and be very painful - but if the surgery will stop my foot from doing what it's doing, I'm all for it! It's a very complex procedure and the doctor said that three weeks after the surgery, I'll be at 50% in regards to walking. The heel cord (which is tight in my case due to spasticity) will be lengthened and I also have a few hammer toes that he will be correcting. There will be numerous trips back and forth to Asheville, NC to keep track of my progress as well as physical therapy to get me back walking again.

I'm scared but excited at the same time....

I'm just writing to ask for good thoughts and well wishes. This surgery is a miracle surgery in my case because it will allow me to walk more like any normal non-disabled person would. I was made fun of my walk when I was in high school because no one understood that I suffered with Cerebral Palsy which affects the joints/muscles.

I appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers.

Thank You,
Tony Trout

P.S. My time here will be very, very, very limited after surgery due to I will be staying at my Mom's during the recovery process and we don't have internet access at the house.
Last edited by Tony Trout on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Having Major Foot Surgery

Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:14 am

All the best, Tony: you have my prayers and good wishes.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:14 am

I'm sure this is going to work out fine, Tony.

Best wishes !!!

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:21 am

Best wishes, Tony, although if you need a pep up, you should come and visit here :D

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:30 am

Praying for a successful surgery for you, Tony!

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:37 am

Tony, all the best to you and hope your surgery is very successful. God bless.

Elvisly,

Linda in Atlanta

Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:42 am

All my best, Tony, and yes I will be praying for you! I hope this works out great for you. I feel certain it will.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:03 am

I hope all goes well Tony!

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:10 am

All the best, Tony.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:29 am

Good luck Tony and stay positive,this can,hopefully,only enhance you life. ::rocks
Last edited by jacob on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Mountain Misst wrote:Best wishes, Tony, although if you need a pep up, you should come and visit here :D

If it were possible, I would but, my time here (and on FB and just the internet in general) will be severely cut short until I recover enough to be able to walk without assistance because we don't have a wireless internet connection at my Mom/Dad's place.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:38 am

Best wishes, Tony. May all go well.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:56 am

Tony Trout wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:Best wishes, Tony, although if you need a pep up, you should come and visit here :D

If it were possible, I would but, my time here (and on FB and just the internet in general) will be severely cut short until I recover enough to be able to walk without assistance because we don't have a wireless internet connection at my Mom/Dad's place.

Sending you ten fold good wishes to last you until you recover :D

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Thank you, everyone. I need to clarify/correct my statement about the recovery time and what the doctor told me: He actually said that it will be three WEEKS (and not three months) until I would be @ 50% walking ability - so that's a good thing that I'll be up walking a little by that time. He is also going to correct the "hammer toes" that are on my left and possibly the ones on the right foot as well - but I won't know that until I'm out of surgery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:49 pm

good luck Tony and heres hopin you have a speedy recovery

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Good thoughts and a speedy recovery.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:17 pm

UPDATE:

The surgery was supposed to be performed this afternoon but, due to the extremely cold temperatures that were in the single digits (3 degrees here this morning where I live and the windchill in Asheville, NC where the hospital is was an unbelievable -22 degrees!!), we didn't even make it halfway to the hospital before the brakes began freezing up on the car so we turned around and headed back home. They called a little while ago from the hospital and the surgery has been postponed until February 4, 2014 @ 10:30 a.m. Same city, same hospital. Different time (thank God!).

I will do my best, depending on how much pain I may be in, to update everyone after the surgery that day.

Keep the good thoughts & prayers coming!!

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Keep us in the loop, Tony.

And hang in there!

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:27 am

We're all with you, Tony.

Best wishes ! :smt006

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:45 am

Wow, that's cold!

Still sending good wishes and prayers your way, Tony.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:21 am

All the best Tony :)

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Thanks, everyone. It's not been a great week pain-wise and emotionally for me: Sadly, my ex has re-married and she wound up marrying someone from the church we attend that we were good friends with...[DISAPPOINTED FACE]. I'm heartbroken.......that's all I'm gonna say...[WEARY FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Tony Trout wrote:Thanks, everyone. It's not been a great week pain-wise and emotionally for me: Sadly, my ex has re-married and she wound up marrying someone from the church we attend that we were good friends with...[DISAPPOINTED FACE]. I'm heartbroken.......that's all I'm gonna say...[WEARY FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
better him than you right?

Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Yeah....I hope she gives him the same crappy treatment she gave me.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Hey, gang...

I just wanted to pop in really quickly and let ya'll know that this will be my last day online for a couple of months until I fully recover from the foot surgery that I'm having done.

I'll be thinking of y'all, though, and I will miss you guys and girls!!

Take Care/God Bless,
Tony T.