Off Topic Messages

New CD video to share!

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:38 pm

Hey all!

Haven't been on in forever, but wanted to share this - a small promo video of my newest CD (from July), an "Extended-Single" sort of thing, 7 tracks. And for the first time, ALL are originals - so it's a big thing for me.

Anyway, here's the promo:

http://youtu.be/bZCCCrDkvH4

Also updated the website:

www.jamiekelleymusic.com

In case anyone is wondering, I dropped the Aaron from promotion so that people understand that I'm only doing my own thing now - word takes ahile to get out. Aaron is my real middle name, so I left the JAK logo.. :)

Anyway, just sharing - hope you like it!

Re: New CD video to share!

Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Jamie:

I enjoyed that promo video. Those songs sound very good.

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I know you are singing 100% as yourself. While you're not intentionally trying to sound like Elvis, to me there is no doubt that you have the ability to inject feeling & soul into your vocals, just as Elvis did. I feel the emotion that you're trying to emote from your voice. And that is a wonderful gift.

Good luck with the new tunes!

P.S. Have you given any thought of auditioning for the part of Elvis, for the movie production of "Last Train To Memphis"? I think you would be fantastic.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Hey, Rich!

Thank you! :)

"You Are My Life" and "Beautiful Is You" were written for my wife - so I have lots of inspiration. :)

Oh, I don't take that the wrong way at all. I really appreciate it! I've never cared if, by some chance, I get the occasional comparison to him. That very flattering and I appreciate it. It's either the "oh, I didn't know Elvis did that song" or "is he doing Elvis" that I used to get that drove me batty with my previous albums. lol Elvis taught me smoothness and emotion (and a lot of other things) and I started looking at more new music to find the edge that I felt I was missing.

At any rate, I'm enjoying it. :)

And for Rich since you're from New Jersey - for anybody on the east coast, we've got a Christmas show in Vineland, NJ on December 7th. Event page is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/406577472799142/

PS: I have thought about it.. not sure if I want to, really - I looked at a couple of other movie things, and ended up being very disappointed. I'm so "close" to the subject matter from a fan standpoint that I think I'd have to be more involved than just acting to be able to play the part. The more people I see trying to do an Elvis project, the less I trust that they have a single clue how to handle him. lol

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Ah damn. If I didn't just have twin girls, I would come see ya.

As for the movie, does the fact that Lisa Marie wants this movie made and done right, sway you into possibly auditioning for it?

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi, Rich!

Shoot, but also - Congratulations! :) I'm thinking we'll be there twice a year since I have a fan base in that area, so you'll get another shot for sure - though if you can do me a favor and help pass the word around about the show, that'd be greatly appreciated!

Lisa would definitely help things - if she's involved, I'd absolutely be more inclined.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:21 am

I enjoyed the promo, Jamie. Congrats on the new material. Very good stuff. I have worked in radio (various formats) for over 25 years, and I'm not blowing smoke when I say your voice is special. I have also caught a number of your YouTube videos, and you also have a very polished stage presence. If you have anything close to the "new country" genre, let me know. I would certainly consider it for airplay here in upper Michigan.

Best of luck with your new project....

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Hey, KHoots!

Wow - thank you! I really appreciate that. :) Speaking of Youtube, we'll have some new video after December, so very excited about that (most of what's on there now is from 2008 or before)!

I think where I'm at now is leaning more adult cont., but write and arrange for an emotion and not a genre in particular, so I'll have to PM and see what you think. Airplay would certainly be awesome!

Thank you again!

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Jamie:

Per the topic from "All Elvis" (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80099) - click on the link below for casting info in regards to the "Last Train To Memphis" movie production.

https://www.youngelviscasting.com/

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Good vocals Jaimie