Off Topic Messages

Re: Most believe Lee Harvey Oswald was 'patsy'

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:03 am

TCB-FAN wrote: How about I leave the FECC all together ?

WWJD :wink:

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:08 am

rjm wrote: I would say that knowledge of "who fired the shots" is a distraction from the more significant issues. It's not about a "whodunit." It's a "whydidit?" It's not the "who" so much as the "why."

'Who' and 'why' are very important. Also 'how', how has a President killer, fooled you guys into championing his innocence, for so long.

Let's cover all the bases.
Last edited by mike edwards66 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:10 am

rjm wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:As the Beatles said, "All You Need is Love".

Big hugs, inclusiveness and tolerance are wonderful personality traits.

If someone doesn't like what someone says, as happens to me, I write what I want to say and then keep it to myself.

I don't keep a lot to myself. I just say generally say what I think, respectfully.

It's a nice song, but there is also "One-Sided Love Affair." So, I try to understand when things fall apart.

Now, if anyone hits the "Thank" button, someone else may take it the wrong way. So, you are all welcome. ;)

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

LOL

Except everyone is responsible for their own behaviour, 100%, not 50/50.

Now, if someone sexy like Elvis wanted me to hug him back, of course I'd have to do it! lol

Now, we need a pause, lol.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:11 am

mike edwards66 wrote:

He would be loving.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:19 am

Mountain Misst wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:

He would be loving.

Amen to that ! :wink:

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:21 am

rjm wrote: So, the task is to find that purpose for which he died. (But, yes, it is necessary to rule out "the impossible," in Holmesian fashion.)

jurasic1968 wrote:About the ballistic experts: I wrote here before on this matter, but I post again: how Oswald shot JFK in 6 seconds with a damaged telescope and an old rifle and three professional shooters couldn't reach the target after the assasiantion even after they repaired the telescope?!?

Ok, I have to stifle a chortle here. Guys, it has long been known and proven that Oswald had both the means and the ability to carry out the crime. Here's a recent reexamination.

As some guy once said, get readin'. It's elementary.

http://www.examiner.com/article/a-look- ... -the-shots
Last edited by mike edwards66 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:26 am

rjm wrote: Which means you cannot just dispose of this matter and what it means to our future. It's just that over-inspecting the trees can distract from seeing the forest.

Grasshopper, when you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:31 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote: Which means you cannot just dispose of this matter and what it means to our future. It's just that over-inspecting the trees can distract from seeing the forest.

Grasshopper, when you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

"Grasshopper" me, son, and you may have bitten off more than you can chew. LOL!

rjm
P.S. -- I won't even speculate as to what fate might befall that poor pebble! ;)

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:07 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:The idea that the a briefly accused dead man did it IS a theory

As is the idea that he didn't.

Knowledge is power:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80145&p=1250042#p1250042

Get readin'!

Thanks for the advice friendly, friend. Have you ever considered a career as a librarian, you may have missed your calling.

In case I had a sliver of doubt you were wasting my time, you have now erased it completely.

Thanks.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:29 pm

mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote: So, the task is to find that purpose for which he died. (But, yes, it is necessary to rule out "the impossible," in Holmesian fashion.)

jurasic1968 wrote:About the ballistic experts: I wrote here before on this matter, but I post again: how Oswald shot JFK in 6 seconds with a damaged telescope and an old rifle and three professional shooters couldn't reach the target after the assasiantion even after they repaired the telescope?!?

Ok, I have to stifle a chortle here. Guys, it has long been known and proven that Oswald had both the means and the ability to carry out the crime. Here's a recent reexamination.

i read the article, but it's no proof here. There is no proof that Oswald after the army went to a polygon to practice. The evidence is that his rifle was old, cheap and damaged. His last qualification in the army as a shooter was at the lowest level. So if he shoot JFK in 6 seconds with 3 bullets he was the best of the best shooters, regarding the quality of the weapon.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:28 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:

i read the article, but it's no proof here. There is no proof that Oswald after the army went to a polygon to practice. The evidence is that his rifle was old, cheap and damaged. His last qualification in the army as a shooter was at the lowest level. So if he shoot JFK in 6 seconds with 3 bullets he was the best of the best shooters, regarding the quality of the weapon.

To offer some degree of levity, back then if you were a bad shot, they said you had "Maggie's Drawers." (It meant you "shoot like a girl.")

Nowadays, of course, "Maggie" herself does her share of real shootin'!

Which goes to show this happened a real long time ago. And yet it still matters. And it matters enough to get folks plenty riled up. As it should for many reasons.

Will we ever know everything? As for the "game" of it, that's impossible; many documents were destroyed. Not classified: destroyed.

Now why do you suppose that would happen? (Strictly a rhetorical question.)

rjm

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:57 pm

rjm, thanks for your reply. Regarding rethorical questions: I think all of us wondered if in that fateful morning of August 16 1977 Linda Thompson was at Graceland instead of Ginger she could save Elvis' life like she did before.