Off Topic Messages

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:50 am

They sure don't make phones like they used to....

Image

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:12 am

eligain wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Prices back in the day.........

Image


Image


I miss McDonald's so much. That crap they serve now, isn't even real food. Last time I ate at McD's, I was sick for 2 days. I love that simple menu!


It's true: I think something fundamental has changed, because the last time I ate there, I got sick. I mean: barf sick, on the road! That was five years ago, now, and I decided never to go back. But I ate there all the time when I was a kid, and in the 1980s, and it didn't make me sick like that. Hmmm.

I know it was never "healthy," but it didn't make you barf! :smt017

rjm

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:16 am

rjm wrote:
eligain wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Prices back in the day.........

Image


Image


I miss McDonald's so much. That crap they serve now, isn't even real food. Last time I ate at McD's, I was sick for 2 days. I love that simple menu!


It's true: I think something fundamental has changed, because the last time I ate there, I got sick. I mean: barf sick, on the road! That was five years ago, now, and I decided never to go back. But I ate there all the time when I was a kid, and in the 1980s, and it didn't make me sick like that. Hmmm.

I know it was never "healthy," but it didn't make you barf! :smt017

rjm



Their food is much, much worse now than it ever has been. I avoid the golden arches like the bubonic plague.

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:36 pm

Remember when they had these in grocery stores ??

Image

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Sun May 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Sodas..as they were sold back in the 1960's..


Image

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Wed May 07, 2014 4:28 am

Love those old fashioned vending machines......
Don't see many of these anymore.
Look at those prices. :shock:

Image

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Fri May 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Who remembers having one of these as a kid ??

Image

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Sat May 10, 2014 3:11 am

Remember these ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Sat May 10, 2014 3:14 am

How many can admit they ordered these babies?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Sat May 10, 2014 9:59 am

promiseland wrote:How many can admit they ordered these babies?



I had some around ten years ago. I became quite attached to them :D

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Wed May 14, 2014 4:04 am

Mail order club.......a whole bunch of records for a few pennies. The good ol days.


Image

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Thu May 15, 2014 9:54 am

promiseland wrote:How many can admit they ordered these babies?


I have some Sea Monkeys right now! My little niece wanted some and she wanted me to get some too so she could see them when she comes to my house. They've been going strong for about 8 months.

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Thu May 15, 2014 10:06 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Mail order club.......a whole bunch of records for a few pennies. The good ol days.


Image


I always thought there had to be a catch. So, I never went for it.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Fri May 16, 2014 1:24 am

rjm wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Mail order club.......a whole bunch of records for a few pennies. The good ol days.


Image


I always thought there had to be a catch. So, I never went for it.

rjm

Sent via mobile



There always is a catch...lol

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Fri May 16, 2014 2:05 am

Remember back in the day when you actually had to physically roll down your car window ??

Image

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Fri May 16, 2014 8:29 am

OMG, yes, lol, you are moving up in years, finally, lol :D

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Mon May 26, 2014 11:18 pm

Anyone remember these old school dial up modems ??

Image

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Tue May 27, 2014 12:41 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Anyone remember these old school dial up modems ??

Image



What does it do, TCB-FAN?

What decade is it from?

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Tue May 27, 2014 2:04 am

Mountain Misst wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Anyone remember these old school dial up modems ??

Image



What does it do, TCB-FAN?

What decade is it from?




Now I'm really showing my age...lol

One of the first modems ever made. I'm thinking 1970's.

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Tue May 27, 2014 2:06 am

Who remembers colored & flowered toilet paper ??? I do I do !!! The dun make em like they used to. And they were perfumed too ! The good ol days are gone for good ! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Image

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Tue May 27, 2014 12:00 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Anyone remember these old school dial up modems ??

Image


I saw something like that in War Games. And so I wanted a computer. But mine had no modem, either external or internal. It was just a VERY expensive typewriter that printed the pages crooked. I mean expensive! IBM AT. With a rolling ball printer that was defective.

I will try to get a pic.

This looks similar. It had a sheet feeder.
Image

Nightmare. I almost smashed it through a window! I would scream. I was awful!


rjm

Sent via mobile

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Tue May 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Image


Anyone remember those banana seats on bikes ??? They were soooo much more comfy !!

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Tue May 27, 2014 8:52 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Image


Anyone remember those banana seats on bikes ??? They were soooo much more comfy !!


Oh yes! My first bike was a copper tone Schwinn Stingray Deluxe and then I got a Schwinn Applekrate (third one from the front in the picture). I restored a Schwinn Banana Peeler (second one from the front) about 15 years ago and still have it!

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Tue May 27, 2014 8:56 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
rjm wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Mail order club.......a whole bunch of records for a few pennies. The good ol days.


Image


I always thought there had to be a catch. So, I never went for it.

rjm

Sent via mobile



There always is a catch...lol


I think the catch was, after you got your 13 albums or tapes, you have to buy a certain number at a ridiculously high price over the next 2 years.

Re: Flashback Photo Of The Day

Tue May 27, 2014 8:56 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
rjm wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Mail order club.......a whole bunch of records for a few pennies. The good ol days.


Image


I always thought there had to be a catch. So, I never went for it.

rjm

Sent via mobile



There always is a catch...lol


I think the catch was, after you got your 13 albums or tapes, you have to buy a certain number at a ridiculously high price over the next 2 years.