Off Topic Messages

Re: The Heart Attack Grill Las Vegas

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:36 pm

I put on 3kgs in three weeks in the US; those all-you-can-eats in Vegas, barbecue joints in Memphis etc are sure tempting.
Good fun and I had dropped a few kilos before the trip while training for my aborted Grand Canyon hike (bloody US government!)

Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Don't worry about negative comments, Ken. You eat what you want to eat. Don't worry about calories and cholesterol.
Just as long as I am in your will to receive those shirts you wear, you continue eat those huge burgers any time you like.

I've got your back, ol' buddy, and I'm buying next time.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Rob wrote:Don't worry about negative comments, Ken. You eat what you want to eat. Don't worry about calories and cholesterol.
Just as long as I am in your will to receive those shirts you wear, you continue eat those huge burgers any time you like.

I've got your back, ol' buddy, and I'm buying next time.

Dont worry Rob you are in the will,but i have dropped 22lbs since i got back to England and my Cholesterol is fine,im as fit as a fiddle apart from the eyes

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Ken, the point I was trying to make is that you can eat healthy, leafy foods and still enjoy the taste just as much..you just have to be smart with food choices. Another thing..stay away from soda pop.....it's liquid poison, IMO. Diet soda is just as bad. Aspartame , the ingredient used in all sodas is also used in rat poison and industrial chemicals.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:43 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Ken, the point I was trying to make is that you can eat healthy, leafy foods and still enjoy the taste just as much..you just have to be smart with food choices. Another thing..stay away from soda pop.....it's liquid poison, IMO. Diet soda is just as bad. Aspartame , the ingredient used in all sodas is also used in rat poison and industrial chemicals.

Thats cool,i normally eat healthy food,just like the post said ,while on honeymoon i went to this eatery.wouldnt have it at home it was just a holiday thing

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:41 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:Bodie wrote:
Life is the most precious thing we have and if some people abuse it then they will have a shortened life.

Eating things like a 9,000 calorie burger is nothing more than stupid.

In America, we call that freedom!

Freedom of choice. Freedom to do what you want as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

RKS

True, you can do what you want. Chain-smoke yourself into an early death, eat 9,000 calorie burgers that have a heart attack warning as long as it don't harm anyone.
What about your family or loved ones?

Those that abuse their body in this way, to me, are just stupid and selfish.

Im all for eating a burger now and then, having a drink but not to the extreme.

Ken,

You say you normally eat sensibly and healthily but anyone who does that wouldn't have a stomach as big as yours so i find that hard to believe. Sorry mate, just being honest.

Id start cutting out the junkfood asap.

As for telling me to lighten up elvis-fan, im just giving those on here a reality check.

The amount of obese people in the US is appalling but with the amount of junk food there is available its no wonder.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:47 pm

I agree, Bodie. I feel better since I lost all of my weight.

What do you guys think of the improvement?

I feel much better these days.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Rob wrote:I agree, Bodie. I feel better since I lost all of my weight.

Are those a pair of what I think they are ?? :shock:

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Oh Rob, your so cute.

Homer is dreaming about you. :lol:

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Hey keninlincs.

Don't let indulging yourself with something that looks that yummy bother you, iv'e done it, and will do it again someday, so just drink 1 gallon of water throughout any day you plan on doing this, and you will wash all that yummy junk right out of you.

My best friends Mother is a doctor, and she told me to just drink 1 gallon of water throughout the day if you eat any junk food, and it will flush all the bad stuff away, and it works, i eat whatever junk food i want, and never gain a pound.

Just wash it all away man, but the trick is to stick with this daily, and not just once in awhile if you want to stay slim. :wink:

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:03 am

Bodie ,go give someone else diet tips you obviously are a good looking perfect special person with a six pack huge biceps lashings of perfect hair great teeth and all the other things that make you a perfect specimen for all the world to worship and adore,me I will keep my self healthy and eat whag I want and live how I want without any put downs from you.6years I have been a member of this forum and you are the first ars ehole that I had to block.what a bell end,you must be missing elvisalisellers while he is away so thought you could spill your drivel my way.wont work ....move along sonny
Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 am

Bodie wrote:
RKSNASHVILLE wrote:Bodie wrote:
Life is the most precious thing we have and if some people abuse it then they will have a shortened life.

Eating things like a 9,000 calorie burger is nothing more than stupid.

In America, we call that freedom!

Freedom of choice. Freedom to do what you want as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

RKS

True, you can do what you want. Chain-smoke yourself into an early death, eat 9,000 calorie burgers that have a heart attack warning as long as it don't harm anyone.
What about your family or loved ones?

Those that abuse their body in this way, to me, are just stupid and selfish.

Im all for eating a burger now and then, having a drink but not to the extreme.

Ken,

You say you normally eat sensibly and healthily but anyone who does that wouldn't have a stomach as big as yours so i find that hard to believe. Sorry mate, just being honest.

Id start cutting out the junkfood asap.

As for telling me to lighten up elvis-fan, im just giving those on here a reality check.

The amount of obese people in the US is appalling but with the amount of junk food there is available its no wonder.

I don't think Ken looks bad at all, if anything he looks to be about 6' or more, and tough as nails, look at those arms and shoulders, he looks solid to me, and he has huge hands big enough to pound the crap out of someone, that's how i size Ken up, i would not want him coming after me if he got mad enough. Image

Last edited by SUN-RCA on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 am

I thought I was on the Alizee thread for minute there Rob :D

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:25 am

keninlincs wrote:Bodie ,go give someone else diet tips you obviously are a good looking perfect special person with a six pack huge biceps lashings of perfect hair great teeth and all the other things that make you a perfect specimen for all the world to worship and adore,me I will keep my self healthy and eat whag I want and live how I want without any put downs from you.6years I have been a member of this forum and you are the first ars ehole that I had to block.what a bell end,you must be missing elvisalisellers while he is away so thought you could spill your drivel my way.wont work ....move along sonny

LOL....you go, Ken. Since when did this forum become an infomercial for good health? I am all about being sensible--I eat right, jog about 25 miles a week, and walk about 5 more. But if I want to be "stupid" about a meal or two, I do it. Same should apply to all.

The concern might be noble, but let's can the preaching.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 am

KHoots wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Bodie ,go give someone else diet tips you obviously are a good looking perfect special person with a six pack huge biceps lashings of perfect hair great teeth and all the other things that make you a perfect specimen for all the world to worship and adore,me I will keep my self healthy and eat whag I want and live how I want without any put downs from you.6years I have been a member of this forum and you are the first ars ehole that I had to block.what a bell end,you must be missing elvisalisellers while he is away so thought you could spill your drivel my way.wont work ....move along sonny

LOL....you go, Ken. Since when did this forum become an infomercial for good health? I am all about being sensible--I eat right, jog about 25 miles a week, and walk about 5 more. But if I want to be "stupid" about a meal or two, I do it. Same should apply to all.

The concern might be noble, but let's can the preaching.

Thanks buddy,i can do very fit, but when im on my own personal honeymoon in the land of burgers and excess i will eat what i like
Last edited by keninlincs on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:37 am

You go for it, Ken!

I couldn't manage it myself, but great effort.

That's one helluva burger.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:55 am

londonflash wrote:You go for it, Ken!

I couldn't manage it myself, but great effort.

That's one helluva burger.

Cheers mate

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:07 pm

SUN-RCA wrote: I don't think Ken looks bad at all, if anything he looks to be about 6' or more, and tough as nails, look at those arms and shoulders, he looks solid to me, and he has huge hands big enough to pound the crap out of someone, that's how i size Ken up, i would not want him coming after me if he got mad enough. Image

I agree. Ken does not look overweight.

Ken, just ignore that comment, and thanks for the cool story about the Heart Attack Grill. Loved it.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Rock Legend wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote: I don't think Ken looks bad at all, if anything he looks to be about 6' or more, and tough as nails, look at those arms and shoulders, he looks solid to me, and he has huge hands big enough to pound the crap out of someone, that's how i size Ken up, i would not want him coming after me if he got mad enough. Image

I agree. Ken does not look overweight.

Ken, just ignore that comment, and thanks for the cool story about the Heart Attack Grill. Loved it.

Thanks RL

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:07 am

Ken,if I go to Vegas the Heart Attack Grill would get a visit or two from me.Yummy.

norrie

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:01 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Another thing..stay away from soda pop.....it's liquid poison, IMO. Diet soda is just as bad. Aspartame , the ingredient used in all sodas is also used in rat poison and industrial chemicals.

The controversy (and hype) surrounding aspartame is outlined nicely in this article:
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/asp ... s-fiction/

The scaremongering about aspartame has been going on for years, but hoax chain emails and websites with an agenda (or even those repeating the claims in good faith) should be treated with caution.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:01 am

norrie wrote:Ken,if I go to Vegas the Heart Attack Grill would get a visit or two from me.Yummy.

norrie

You would enjoy it Norrie

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:25 am

TJ wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Another thing..stay away from soda pop.....it's liquid poison, IMO. Diet soda is just as bad. Aspartame , the ingredient used in all sodas is also used in rat poison and industrial chemicals.

The controversy (and hype) surrounding aspartame is outlined nicely in this article:
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/asp ... s-fiction/

The scaremongering about aspartame has been going on for years, but hoax chain emails and websites with an agenda (or even those repeating the claims in good faith) should be treated with caution.

I've been following it since the '80s, and I think for a normally healthy person who uses it in moderation, it probably won't do any harm. People with a disease called Phenylketonuria, or "PKU" cannot ingest it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylketonuria

I do believe this began the concern, because it did make me curious. "Contains Phenylalanine." So, in addition to people with the disease, it would be a good idea to avoid such sweeteners while pregnant and nursing, and probably while trying to conceive, as well, for both males and females. Also, babies and children under 2 or 3 don't need it.

There is the faint possibility of some affect on the very systems that the ingredient affects in those with the disease in early developmental stages, and in terms of the quality of one's fertilization during that period.

Otherwise, from everything I've read, and I have, I think it's safe when not overdone. I am trying to substitute green tea for soda pop, even diet. But when you're out and about, there's not much choice. Sugar is much worse for you -- so that's one thing in its favor right there.

On the other hand, if you're really concerned, there's a sweetener called Stevia, and it seems to be best. http://www.sweetleaf.com/

I hope they'll soon put this in soft drinks. I'd feel more comfortable, especially about young kids. I seriously doubt Aspertame would harm most healthy non-procreating adults.

rjm

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Yes, I followed it in a professional capacity for 13 years rjm, as I had to monitor and write about such issues as part of my old job (not something I miss I can assure you :-)). The unfortunate thing is that people are far more likely to encounter a viral email/ill informed Facebook post, than an accurate scientific report. It's also not uncommon to find "experts" providing unreliable information on the very same sites that they are peddling "healthy" foods and drinks. Can't imagine why!

Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:59 pm

I have noticed that Diet Coke or Pepsi makes hungrier than if I drink regular Pepsi or Coke. I'm trying to cut down in drinking soda. I used to drink at least 32 oz every day, now I'm done to a can and not every day. Getting there .. eventually.