Off Topic Messages

Let's get back on track everybody.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:19 am

I would like to apologize for my short fuse of late, most notably to r&b and poormadpeter. Usually I have more patience when I disagree with someone's point of view and don't resort to name calling, but instead would submit a post that presents a good "rebuttal" if you will, unfortunately that hasn't been the case for me lately. We went through this as a group a few years ago and only until the mods threatened to shut us down, did we start showing each other the proper respect that we all deserve, regardless if there is a difference of opinion. Let's not let that happen again. We are so lucky and blessed to have this forum. Ernst posts on here the odd time, we have authors in Mike Eder, Brispet, amongst us, PJ Stoller, the son of one of the all-time great songwriters in rock & roll history is a member, Dave Bendeth who was in charge of Elvis no.1 has posted on here many times, Sandy Miller and many more people who were either associated with Elvis is some way, or knew him personally or their parents knew him, not too mention all of the fans of EP and the scholars who have been sharing their knowledge with us for years now. This forum is too damn good and too respected in the Elvis world to let it go down that path again. With me the childish behavior ends right here, right now>>>>>>>Joe.

Re: Let's get back on track everybody.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:19 am

No need to apologize, Joe. We all say/do things we later regret, but most don't own up to it. I'm not sure you even have anything to apologize for. Just the heat of battle. No biggie. You're unquestionably one of the good guys here.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:21 am

Joe Car wrote:I would like to apologize for my short fuse of late, most notably to r&b and poormadpeter. Usually I have more patience when I disagree with someone's point of view and don't resort to name calling, but instead would submit a post that presents a good "rebuttal" if you will, unfortunately that hasn't been the case for me lately. We went through this as a group a few years ago and only until the mods threatened to shut us down, did we start showing each other the proper respect that we all deserve, regardless if there is a difference of opinion. Let's not let that happen again. We are so lucky and blessed to have this forum. Ernst posts on here the odd time, we have authors in Mike Eder, Brispet, amongst us, PJ Stoller, the son of one of the all-time great songwriters in rock & roll history is a member, Dave Bendeth who was in charge of Elvis no.1 has posted on here many times, Sandy Miller and many more people who were either associated with Elvis is some way, or knew him personally or their parents knew him, not too mention all of the fans of EP and the scholars who have been sharing their knowledge with us for years now. This forum is too damn good and too respected in the Elvis world to let it go down that path again. With me the childish behavior ends right here, right now>>>>>>>Joe.

Hey!

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:34 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:I would like to apologize for my short fuse of late, most notably to r&b and poormadpeter. Usually I have more patience when I disagree with someone's point of view and don't resort to name calling, but instead would submit a post that presents a good "rebuttal" if you will, unfortunately that hasn't been the case for me lately. We went through this as a group a few years ago and only until the mods threatened to shut us down, did we start showing each other the proper respect that we all deserve, regardless if there is a difference of opinion. Let's not let that happen again. We are so lucky and blessed to have this forum. Ernst posts on here the odd time, we have authors in Mike Eder, Brispet, amongst us, PJ Stoller, the son of one of the all-time great songwriters in rock & roll history is a member, Dave Bendeth who was in charge of Elvis no.1 has posted on here many times, Sandy Miller and many more people who were either associated with Elvis is some way, or knew him personally or their parents knew him, not too mention all of the fans of EP and the scholars who have been sharing their knowledge with us for years now. This forum is too damn good and too respected in the Elvis world to let it go down that path again. With me the childish behavior ends right here, right now>>>>>>>Joe.

Hey!

You know when I said scholars that you are on top, that goes without saying!!:)

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:55 am

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Hey!

Actually, my dismay is over no mention whatsoever of Rob.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:59 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Hey!

Actually, my dismay is over no mention whatsoever of Rob.

There are certain people who are staples of this forum, brother Rob is one of them!! ::rocks

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:38 am

Cut the crap Joe. Damn Canadian's and their politeness. Piss off, eh!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Is there a group hug in the works?

How about a group bubble bath?

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:10 pm

paulsweeney wrote:Cut the crap Joe. Damn Canadian's and their politeness. Piss off, eh!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

That's it, I'm dropping the gloves! lol
Rob wrote:Is there a group hug in the works?

Sounds like a plan Rob. I'll even supply the candles.)

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Joe, have I told you lately that I love you?

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Rob wrote:Is there a group hug in the works?

Rob, if the bubble bath is Mr. Bubble, and I get to play with an Elvis duck then count me in!

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Pete Dube wrote:and I get to play with an Elvis duck then count me in!

If that's what you prefer to call it, then so be it.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:49 pm

Rob wrote:

:lol:

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Joe, have I told you lately that I love you?

Not lately.:( I need the words once in awhile Pete.:)

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Rob wrote:

Bad boy!

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Peace, love, and understanding! What is this world coming to???

::rocks ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

rjm

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:13 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Bad boy!

What ever do you mean, John? To me, those wonderful bath toys are more than just "ducks."

I'm not sure what you thought I meant.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:17 pm

As long as everybody keeps their hands clapping, then it's ok with me! :wink:

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:01 pm

Rob wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Bad boy!

What ever do you mean, John? To me, those wonderful bath toys are more than just "ducks."

I'm not sure what you thought I meant.

I'm not sure you're sure what you thought I meant.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Everybody in the bubble bath should have an Elvis duck to play with. We can film it and sell it as a reality show: Elvis Duck Dynesty.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:31 am

Pete Dube wrote:Everybody in the bubble bath should have an Elvis duck to play with. We can film it and sell it as a reality show: Elvis Duck Dynesty.

It wouldn't be any worse than most of the reality shows.Get your ducks out and shake 'em all about.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:01 am

Joe Car wrote:…PJ Stoller…

I kinda like "PJ," but it's just P, (or, more properly, Peter). :)

Oops—getting off track…

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Hey Joe,

I have to say, you're consistently one of the nicest, most positive posters here, always ready to step in and defend Elvis. I don't think you have any need to apologise - you're an asset to the forum, and a genuinely good guy.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:36 pm

I love Joe.

If I were a gay feller, I'd want him for my very own.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:21 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Hey Joe,

I have to say, you're consistently one of the nicest, most positive posters here, always ready to step in and defend Elvis. I don't think you have any need to apologise - you're an asset to the forum, and a genuinely good guy.

I do what I can. Thanks for the nice words DarrylMac.

Rob wrote:I love Joe.

If I were a gay feller, I'd want him for my very own.

Aww, that is so sweet! :wink: