Off Topic Messages

Buddy Rich & Jerry Lewis - Drum Solo Battle

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:24 am

I was surfing the Tube, and saw this Drum Battle with Buddy Rich and Jerry Lewis, i thought it was cool, boy can Buddy GO MAN GO. I have always liked these guys. My parents brought me up on watching all the old shows and movies from the 1930's, 40's, 50's,60's by watching the reruns on TV, and from their vast collection of videos and DVDs. 8)

phpBB [video]

Re: Buddy Rich & Jerry Lewis - Drum Solo Battle

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:38 am

Buddy Rich was amazing...but he also had a temper to match. Lol

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:Buddy Rich was amazing...but he also had a temper to match. Lol

Why? Just because of that tape that surfaced of Buddy chewing out his band?

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Not only that tape...but many other folks that worked with him said the same thing. He was a perfectionist and if you didn't do your job or in other words pull your weight, you would get the wrath of Buddy's famous temper.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:Not only that tape...but many other folks that worked with him said the same thing. He was a perfectionist and if you didn't do your job or in other words pull your weight, you would get the wrath of Buddy's famous temper.

Yeah, many "greats" are like that and he was great!:

phpBB [video]

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Buddy Rich was probably the greatest drummer, along with Gene Krupa (who influenced Ronnie Tutt, by the way).

This is a quite good list:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ent ... o_takeover

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:53 pm

great stuff