Off Topic Messages

Re: Bobby Boris Pickett' Sings "The Monster Mash"

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:18 am

Oh here now...you know you love me lil' buddy. :wink:

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KHoots wrote:I have no idea whether brother Bobby said it or not, or whether the story is true or not ...

For the last time, the point, which for some of our more opaque thinkers is impossible to grasp, is not that Pickett's anecdote is being doubted, but that the so-called criticism of his #1 hit derives from an anonymous girl who claims to have heard Elvis giving his assessment.

So, to ascribe this critique as a direct quote from Elvis Presley is wrong, period.

It's actually not that complicated. ;-)

Thank you.

Lordy. I knew I should've simply sat back and watched the silly bickering. This "issue" is not complicated for me a-tall. There has yet to be an issue on this board which was above me. :D

You were asked to prove Elvis did not say something. My main point was that one cannot prove someone did not say something. You can only prove that someone did. That was the point of my post, and I was in your camp by saying it.

Ah, well...........

Carry on, folks. I'll spectate the rest of it. Or not.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:16 pm

KHoots wrote:My main point was that one cannot prove someone did not say something. You can only prove that someone did. That was the point of my post, and I was in your camp by saying it.

Thanks, and you are so very correct. I misunderstood your comment. My apologies.