Off Topic Messages

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:39 am

I sure do like a woman who talks tough, honey. 8)

No offence intended: I actually thought I was being kind placing Bruce in the second tier. Oh well, I respect both your opinions anyway.

Bobby Peru (like the country).

P.S. Re. Kiss: They'd be struggling to scrape into the 16th tier.

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:48 am

ChrisM wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:I like some of his lyrics very much, one song in particular, "War".


Actually, those are not his lyrics. "War" was written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong. It was a Billboard No 1 hit for Edwin Starr in 1970.

Chris



Thanks Chris - I wouldn't have know of the song without Bruce, I know now :D LOL

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:46 pm

paulsweeney wrote:If you've ever seen Bruce in concert, you wouldn't be asking any questions.

Well said, Paul.

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:57 pm

Every one has the right to their opinion...my opinion is he sucks. Move on. ::rocks

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:Every one has the right to their opinion...my opinion is he sucks. Move on.


What an intelligent and pleasant post. It says so much about you. Thanks.

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Image

Chris

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fairchild1171 wrote:Every one has the right to their opinion...my opinion is he sucks. Move on.


What an intelligent and pleasant post. It says so much about you. Thanks.


Well...that's my honest opinion...although your mileage may vary. :wink:

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:18 am

Fairchild1171 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fairchild1171 wrote:Every one has the right to their opinion...my opinion is he sucks. Move on.


What an intelligent and pleasant post. It says so much about you. Thanks.


Well...that's my honest opinion...although your mileage may vary.


Yes, and it is -- as noted -- as intelligent and pleasant as you are. ;-)

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:03 am

Oh here now...you know you love me lil' buddy. As long as there is Google...we know you will have all the answers. :lol:

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:30 am

ChrisM wrote:Image

Chris

There's no stopping it Chris... it keeps crawling out from under it's rock...

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:51 am

You lost the War of 1812, right? :lol:

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:00 pm

This brand new letter to his fans and video from Springsteen might help explain the passion and community of his live shows to the open minded here. The trolls can safely ignore.



Image



phpBB [video]



Chris

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:36 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:I've never been a Springteen fan either...to me he sounds like a braying ass. I hated it when he was part of Roy Orbison in black & white TV show.


"Hated"? Quite a corner-case opinion there.

Among other things, Springsteen mostly plays guitar at that 1987 performance, there's very little "braying ass" to get upset over.


870930_Orbison_Souther_Springsteen_01.JPG


The success of this concert is that the focus on Roy Orbison and his music is never lost, despite all the star power assembled. And it's very evident that Roy absolutely LOVED having Bruce there.


870930_Orbison_Springsteen_02.JPG



Roy Orbison and Friends: A Black and White Night
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Orbison_and_Friends:_A_Black_and_White_Night

Thanks for bringing it up, though, as this 1988 Cinemax special is now an essential piece of rock 'n' roll history, and Springsteen's joyful, reverent presence is worth a look.



One of my favourite live DVD's.As you say Doc the focus is on Roy,no one tries to hog the limelight away from him.A wonderful show.


norrie

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:04 am

ChrisM wrote:This brand new letter to his fans and video from Springsteen might help explain the passion and community of his live shows to the open minded here. The trolls can safely ignore.



letter-700x770.jpg



phpBB [video]



Chris


That is a magnificent video.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:06 am

norrie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:I've never been a Springteen fan either...to me he sounds like a braying ass. I hated it when he was part of Roy Orbison in black & white TV show.


"Hated"? Quite a corner-case opinion there.

Among other things, Springsteen mostly plays guitar at that 1987 performance, there's very little "braying ass" to get upset over.


Image


The success of this concert is that the focus on Roy Orbison and his music is never lost, despite all the star power assembled. And it's very evident that Roy absolutely LOVED having Bruce there.


Image



Roy Orbison and Friends: A Black and White Night
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Orbison_and_Friends:_A_Black_and_White_Night

Thanks for bringing it up, though, as this 1988 Cinemax special is now an essential piece of rock 'n' roll history, and Springsteen's joyful, reverent presence is worth a look.



One of my favourite live DVD's.As you say Doc the focus is on Roy,no one tries to hog the limelight away from him.A wonderful show.


norrie


Right on! Totally agree!!

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:47 am

2kd wrote:I've really tried to listen to his music, but to me he just sounds.....constipated.


So, you've "really tried," huh? Does that mean you went out and purchased a CD, or bought some mp3s?

Do share all of "his music" you've listened to.

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 am

Whether you're black or white, whether you're country, redneck or a freak, young or old, from Moscow to London or Memphis, Bruce Springsteen is the greatest live performer in the world today to me.

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Julian Grant wrote:Whether you're black or white, whether you're country, redneck or a freak, young or old, from Moscow to London or Memphis, Bruce Springsteen is the greatest live performer in the world today to me.


You got that right Julian!


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm sure Elvis would have dug Springer's version of 'Froggy Went A Courtin''..

Uh huh.

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:26 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
2kd wrote:I've really tried to listen to his music, but to me he just sounds.....constipated.


So, you've "really tried," huh? Does that mean you went out and purchased a CD, or bought some mp3s?

Do share all of "his music" you've listened to.


It seems we won't be getting an answer any time soon...

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:45 am

2kd wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
2kd wrote:I've really tried to listen to his music, but to me he just sounds.....constipated.


So, you've "really tried," huh? Does that mean you went out and purchased a CD, or bought some mp3s?

Do share all of "his music" you've listened to.


It seems we won't be getting an answer any time soon...

WTH? No time to answer...I've been busy listening to Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Staind...Elvis. No need to prove anything. Springsteen sounds like his, ummmm, toe is caught in a vice. You nice, nice man.


An opinion on Bruce Springsteen -- or any popular artist -- simply isn't credible when someone makes an evaluation based on not listening to the music.

Perhaps this topic was meant to be a wind-up.

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:47 am

Toe caught in a vice? Constipated ? Yup,you've called it right Doc - WINDUP

norrie

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:12 am

Take a look here. Worth the reading. Image


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:45 am

norrie wrote:Toe caught in a vice?

Isn't this Elvis at the beginning of Hurt?

Re: Bruce Springsteen?

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:06 am

norrie wrote:Toe caught in a vice? Constipated ? Yup,you've called it right Doc - WINDUP

norrie


Obviously, I'm not the only one who noticed. And there were a lot of thoughtful, intelligent replies to the OP, too.

Thanks, norrie.