Off Topic Messages

Zombie FECC Members

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:52 pm

I've been a FECC member for only a few weeks. I must say I enjoy this forum very much, the chance to exchange information between members.

But I'm very surprised to see that some FECC members act like damn zombies when it comes to relating to other members. I mean, they create a topic, asking explicitly for information on a certain subject, but then they're not able to say thanks, or even acknowledge the answers they receive - this can be verified thanks to the "who visited this topic" function.

I'm glad to help in whatever matter I can, and I don't ask for anything in exchange, but it's nice to see your efforts rewarded by a simple "thank you", don't you think ?

So I say : please don't ask for help if you're not ready to acknowledge the other members' contributions to your topic.

We all have much finer things to do in life.

Thanks !

Re: Zombie FECC Members

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Where can I apply for the role of Zombie FECC member?
I have years of experience in that area.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Is this a trick, am i on Candid Camera. :D seriously tho, i enjoy all the topics you have made about Elvis. :smt023

Last edited by SUN-RCA on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:14 pm

"Previously on FECC's The Walking Dead..."

While I know what you mean OP.. probably no need for this to be in the All Elvis section, really..

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:36 pm

Maybe we should also start a thread about Veign Members Who Are Begging To Be Thanked And Are Constantly Riduculing Different Opinions. (That also is a nasty side effect from partcipating on this forum).

BTW: I think this thread is highly off topic in the All Elvis Section.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Thank you for posting this in the «Off Topic» section.... What's that? Oh! Never mind.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Mister Moon wrote:I've been a FECC member for only a few weeks. I must say I enjoy this forum very much, the chance to exchange information between members.

But I'm very surprised to see that some FECC members act like damn zombies when it comes to relating to other members. I mean, they create a topic, asking explicitly for information on a certain subject, but then they're not able to say thanks, or even acknowledge the answers they receive - this can be verified thanks to the "who visited this topic" function.

I'm glad to help in whatever matter I can, and I don't ask for anything in exchange, but it's nice to see your efforts rewarded by a simple "thank you", don't you think ?

So I say : please don't ask for help if you're not ready to acknowledge the other members' contributions to your topic.

Thanks !

Sometimes, common courtesy is in short supply here. Heck, just look at some of the replies on this topic.

But, hey, it's the internet!

I do appreciate every good member of FECC, and I hope you know that!

Thanks.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Mister Moon wrote: this can be verified thanks to the "who visited this topic" function.

How does one access this function. Thanks in advance.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:01 pm

mike edwards66 wrote:
Mister Moon wrote: this can be verified thanks to the "who visited this topic" function.

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Got it, thanks.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Mister Moon wrote:I've been a FECC member for only a few weeks. I must say I enjoy this forum very much, the chance to exchange information between members.

Thanks !

I guess it's a problem of the rapidly changing world we live in. You see more and more selfish behaviour in just about every walk of life.
But yes, the www is the best place for a person to act out his egotistic shortcomings, safely hiding behind a nickname or maybe an alter-ego.
Especially internet-forums are the perfect breeding ground for a person to create this alter-ego for himself and actually be the person he/she obviously is not in the real world.

But there are also quite a few 'good' people here!

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:21 pm

:!: :!:
Bob-Holland wrote:I guess it's a problem of the rapidly changing world we live in. You see more and more selfish behaviour in just about every walk of life.
But yes, the www is the best place for a person to act out his egotistic shortcomings, safely hiding behind a nickname or maybe an alter-ego.
Especially internet-forums are the perfect breeding ground for a person to create this alter-ego for himself and actually be the person he/she obviously is not in the real world.

Just curious,"Bob-Holland" : how long have you been "safely hiding behind a nickname or maybe an alter-ego"?

Or is your name really Bob-Holland? Kind of like Ann-Margret?? ;-)

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:44 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote::!: :!:
Bob-Holland wrote:I guess it's a problem of the rapidly changing world we live in. You see more and more selfish behaviour in just about every walk of life.

Just curious,"Bob-Holland" : how long have you been "safely hiding behind a nickname or maybe an alter-ego"?

Or is your name really Bob-Holland? Kind of like Ann-Margret?? ;-)

I've been in hiding as long as you, we only differ a few hours.

I know that you know that my real name is Bob, and that I indeed am from the beautiful country of Holland.
When I joined here 10 years ago, the name Bob was already taken.

I know that your firstname is correct.
And I also happen to know your real lastname: it was wise of you to chose a nickname!
But I must admit that one of the nicknames you used until a while ago was even much cooler!
:smt023

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:46 pm

It happens. I am not going to say i am not guilty of what you described. But on the other hand it also happens to me. I think it has to do with the speed of things. But a sweet reminder every now and then is ok.

Don't take what you described personally though. In the past i did that and only when i got a personal chat with somebody i noticed the intentions were good.

So, enjoy your stay. And i am sure we can all learn from each other.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:13 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:... I've been in hiding ...

Yet, you denigrate others for doing the same. That's classy. ;-)

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Thank you very much for all your responses.

I apologize if anybody felt offended by my post. Maybe my choice of words was too strong. Of course, the "zombie" thing was not meant as an insult, much to the contrary. It was meant to be an humorous bit, in a topic that I knew could produce some varied feedback.

I also thought about posting it within the "Off Topic" section, but I thought it wasn't too out of place within the "All Elvis" one, as it was about the forum itself and, in the end, we're all here because of Elvis. Whatever.

Essentially, I stand by what I said in my first post. To me, it's only a matter of basic logic and courtesy : if anybody, anywhere, asks for something, it seems only appropriate to thank whoever gives him / her what he / she asked. I know we all live in a crazied world, and we can forget to do this sometimes, but in my very short stay here it has happened to me maybe five or six times. This is what prompted me to post this topic.

Anyway, thanks again everybody.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:05 am

You're welcome! ;)

(I have been tardy with those, but I appreciate every thank you!)

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:50 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Well, I guess I like your 'classy' company.

Now, please stop derailing yet another topic. Thank you.

:smt023

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:27 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Well ...

No need to be jealous, "Bob-Holland." We know you do the best that you can.

Have a nice day. ;-)

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:47 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:We know you do the best that you can.

"We"?
Are you so full of yourself that you now even refer to yourself as "we"?
Or is this yet another example of some of your alter ego's battling it out inside your head?

You must really like me, "drjohncarpenter", since you keep coming back for more attention. :smt007

Enjoy your dreams. :smt023

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:55 am

Bob-Holland wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:We know you do the best that you can.

"We"?
Are you so full of yourself that you now even refer to yourself as "we"?
Or is this yet another example of some of your alter ego's battling it out inside your head?

You must really like me, "drjohncarpenter", since you keep coming back for more attention. :smt007

Enjoy your dreams. :smt023

Are you begging for a "thanked" again Bob ?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:33 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Are you begging for a "thanked" again Bob ?

If I was, I would be in the "wrongly dated and wrongly titled found on facebook pics that are presented on FECC as the next holy grail even though the pic actually originates from FECC"-business.
But there can be only one, right TCB-FAN?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:01 am

Thanks !

Hi Moon

I, like yourself, am a newer member. I appreciate where you're coming from, after all this is a forum for gathering/exchanging/sharing information...among other things. The short time I've been here (a few months) I really enjoy the wealth of info here.

Bare with me here, this isn't directed at you or your post but it reminded me of something. I have to say (speaking for myself here only) I've made some observations in short time I've been here. I've created only a few topics since I've been member here and have noticed how quickly people get off-topic while commenting on them sometimes, as is also very evident on many other topis created by others. I know I'm not only one. I just created one last week sometime and it got off topic and never got back on. On many topics, not just mine, there seems to be quite a bit of arguing and back & forth bickering, not just occassionally, but a lot of it. I talked with 3 people in the last month about this site about all the interesting info here and they told me they already were members but quit coming here a long time ago for the very reason that it seemed like too many members with axes to grind instead of a fun give & take. When they said that, I have to say I knew exactly they were referring to. It makes you (or me, and people like me and apparently my 3 fellow Elvis fan friends that haven't been here in a while) want to back off and not even engage. Sad thing is I didn't even really care that my Posted topic went off course. Seems like there's alot of it with other members, that's fine as long as it's pleasant exchanges when goes off topic, but snipey, bickering, negative exchanges aren't anything I want part of and usually try real hard to stay out off. If I get involved it's usually because someones just begging for it.
Maybe the bickering and ugly back & forths are result of many members that have been here together for years. You know how they say some old friends act like longtime unhappily married couples LOL. That's how much of it comes across. I'd like to be able to tell my 3 acquaintances to come back but they'd probably end up leaving for same reasons they left in first place.

I'm one of those folks I talk on social media (like this forum here) the same exact way I do in person. We all know not everybody is like that though. What's that quote going around the last few years? "Welcome to the internet where people talk in ways they never would talk face to face". It's a popular saying for a reason.

I'm one of those people that in person among all my friends/family I'm known as really easy going guy, and usually the peacmaker if trouble is starting, but if someone's being belligerent and I say somethin, it's considered a warning, &/or everyone in the room is fed up but not wanting to say something I'll stick my neck out there. The bad thing about the internet when it comes to disagreements (can see it here on this site and just about any other as well) is when folks disagree they lack the ability to interact with tact or they spew hate too easily. If it happens in person and someone's getting personal you can walk up to them and say "That's enough" or "You care to say that again?" It's been my experience most folks get the point and they chill, as matter of fact nobody has ever chose to repeat their comment to my face when I challenged them to say it again, except one guy, and he ended up having a very bad day and learned a lesson. Of course all present said he had it coming. But that's not the way I prefer to handle things and it's usually not necessary because people excercise courtesy and patience when talking face to face and generally excercise better people skills. It 'keeps them honest' so to speak.
But give them an internet connection and they're 10 feet tall and want to argue for 6 months.

But as for you Mister Moon, I haven't noticed anything of the negative, thank you by the way. Your info is always interesting and you come across friendly and helpful. So if I ever ask a question or start a post and 'dissappear' &/or don't acknowledge your answer I apologise and it's nothing personal. Chances are I was reading other posts and found myself getting in a bad mood reading and logged off then forgot to get back to you.

I just looked up. Sorry for the long rant, thank goodness for text-to-speech feature though :-)

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:35 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thanks !

Sometimes, common courtesy is in short supply here. Heck, just look at some of the replies on this topic.

But, hey, it's the internet!

I do appreciate every good member of FECC, and I hope you know that!

Thanks.

:lol: so says the member that has given out only 38 thank you's in 10 years, that's 3.8 times a year, and as for replies, i have read hundreds of condescending replies from you to many members. :wink: