Off Topic Messages

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:19 am

Last edited by SUN-RCA on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Breaking Bad Series Finale

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:44 am

I'll be watching. Bitch!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Re: Breaking Bad Series Finale Tonight

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:34 am

I thought it was a pretty good episode that wrapped up the series nicely.

Usually series finale's aren't very good but Breaking Bad had one of the better ones.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:58 am

RIP Walter White. What a way to go. :cry:

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:14 am

TCB-FAN wrote:RIP Walter White. What a way to go. :cry:

He left no stone unturned! Great show, great finale!

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Fantastic show and compared to Dexter a finale worthy the show! :)

Thanks for an amazing time, folks and 62 great episodes.

I think I have to order me this darn thing here:

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Bad-Comp ... ete+series

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:31 pm

6 Seasons long, and a great adventure to be sure, i fully enjoyed this series.

That was one of the best endings to a series finale i have ever seen, and Walter went out with a bang, and cleverly took out those sykos, and saving Jesse in the process.

I did want to see Walter kill jesse, he deserved it, because there is a Code you should live by, no matter what their screw up relationship was, and he broke them all against Walter, who throughout the series tried to help Jesse a lot, he cared about him, and tried many times to stop his drug intake, and jesse just could never accept that, because he loved doing drugs too much, i know he was an addict, but still.

Jesse should have died like the scum sucking cry baby Rat he was, if there is one thing in life i personally can't stand, is a Rat, and we all know what should happen to a Rat :smt071 8)

Re: Breaking Bad 2013 Series Finale

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:29 pm

For me it was up there with the finale for 'Six Feet Under'.
Absolutely top drawer!!

Perhaps not as good an episode as the 3rd last, which has to be the Red Wedding of 'Breaking Bad' (If you watch Game of Thrones' then you'll know what I mean), but nevertheless, it had me on the edge of my seat from the start right through to the end.. That whole scene with the Schwartzes.. tense or what!

Sad to see it end all the same. Easily some of the best television ever made.

Every Little Detail..

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:29 pm

SUN-RCA wrote: he broke them all against Walter, who throughout the series tried to help Jesse a lot

Apart from essentially killing one girlfriend and poisoning the young son of another, obviously.

Chris

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:33 pm

Yes people, let's all praise Hollywood for glorifying violence. It's bad enough we get violence in real life (mass shootings on a weekly basis, chemical warfare, etc....). Hooray for Hollywood ! I'm sure some messed up bloke will watch the entire "Bad" series and ends up shooting down his classmates as a result of watching his "hero", Walter White do his thing.

Police to the mass shooter.."Why did you shoot down 20 people in your classroom ?" Reply : "Walter made me do it."

Hooray For Hollywood !!!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:02 am

TCB-FAN wrote:Yes people, let's all praise Hollywood for glorifying violence. It's bad enough we get violence in real life (mass shootings on a weekly basis, chemical warfare, etc....). Hooray for Hollywood ! I'm sure some messed up bloke will watch the entire "Bad" series and ends up shooting down his classmates as a result of watching his "hero", Walter White do his thing.

Police to the mass shooter.."Why did you shoot down 20 people in your classroom ?" Reply : "Walter made me do it."

Hooray For Hollywood !!!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

First of all this rant of yours doesn't belong in a topic like this. :roll:

Second of all I don't believe people shoot up schools or other places because of what they see on television.

But all that would be appropriate to discuss on a topic about actual shootings.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 am

brian wrote:I don't believe people shoot up schools or other places because of what they see on television.

Oh really ? May I ask what planet you're from ?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:20 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
brian wrote:I don't believe people shoot up schools or other places because of what they see on television.

please don't insult me because I don't agree with you.

Now back on topic.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:17 am

brian wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

please don't insult me because I don't agree with you.

Now back on topic.

I'm sorry you're misinformed, perhaps you'd like to read this government study. Get back to me when you're more informed....

http://www.apa.org/about/gr/pi/advocacy ... el-tv.aspx

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:19 am

Nothing will ever make me believe that television shows are responsible for the actions of mentally disturbed people.

I believe that the people that commit such acts either aren't right in the head or they are just plain evil.

I know some in the media like to make ludicrous excuses for the people that do those things by blaming it on television.

If you want to discuss this with other people that also won't agree with you then start a separate topic.

Now quit derailing the topic.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:29 am

Some folks just don't get it. :facep: :facep: :facep:

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:

I'm sorry you're misinformed, perhaps you'd like to read this government study. Get back to me when you're more informed....

http://www.apa.org/about/gr/pi/advocacy ... el-tv.aspx

That's not a "government" study. It is an academic study funded by industry. It was conducted 20 years ago and contains no evidence linking TV violence to real-life incidents.

Get back to me when you're more informed....

Chris

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:55 am

ChrisM wrote:
That's not a "government" study. It is an academic study funded by industry. It was conducted 20 years ago and contains no evidence linking TV violence to real-life incidents.

Does it really make a difference ? Really ? The bottom line is this.....Violence on TV = Real life Violence In Youth
There have been numerous studies over the years (both government & private)......same result. :facep:

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:34 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
ChrisM wrote:

Does it really make a difference ? Really ? The bottom line is this.....Violence on TV = Real life Violence In Youth
There have been numerous studies over the years (both government & private)......same result. :facep:

it does make a difference because for the thousandth time not everyone believes these studies to be accurate.

They are agenda driven and contain no factual evidence of anything.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Awesome end to and awesome show, those last three episodes were as good as anything Ive seen on tv. Sadly missed but thankfully going out on the very high standard it has attained throughout its seasons.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Eddie wrote:Awesome end to and awesome show, those last three episodes were as good as anything Ive seen on tv. Sadly missed but thankfully going out on the very high standard it has attained throughout its seasons.

Agreed. I'm tempted to go back and watch the whole thing from the start again. Might wait a few months though.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:55 am

Im the same, will need to add that box set to my collection.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:56 am

Even though some might call the ending "predictable", genius Vince Gilligan did EVERYTHING RIGHT with the ending of the show.
"Baby Blue" by Badfinger was such a great choice as the final song and my heart skipped a beat when he brought back Marty Robbins (with the "El Paso" hint) to a wider audience for he really deserves it.

Funny, when I first read the title of the final episode, "Felina", I immediately thought about Marty.