Off Topic Messages

Dee Stanley, 1925-2013

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Elvis Presley Fans of Nashville reports that Dee Stanley has passed away: http://www.elvispresleyfansofnashville. ... -away.html

Elvis Presley Fans of Nashville wrote:09/28/2013 Dee Stanley, Former wife of Elvis' Father, Vernon Presley; has passed away today in Nashville, Tennessee. Davada (Dee) Elliot Stanley was born January 19, 1925.

Elvis Presley Fans of Nashville sends our condolences to Dee's son's Rick, Billy and David. We are sorry to hear of your Mother's passing, and may she rest in peace.

Vernon Presley married Dee Stanley on July 3, 1960. Dee had three sons with her first husband William Stanley: Rick, Billy, and David. Vernon and Dee divorced in the year of 1977.

Troy

Re: Dee Stanley, 1925-2013

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:51 pm

I send my condolences to the family....

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:28 pm

She was not well-liked by many in the fan community for some of her decisions, but Vernon Presley loved her enough to ask her to marry him.

No human being is perfect. May she R.I.P.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:30 pm

Did Vernon and Dee divorce in November of 1977 or at the end of 1974. I found different dates in researching this information. I think the 1977 date is wrong as I don't think they were married when Elvis died? Can someone confirm the date that Vernon and Dee divorced?

My sympathies to the family.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 am

They separated in '74. Divorce was finalized in '77.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:48 am

Thanks, Elvisjock. That's a long time to settle the divorce agreement.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:08 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:She was not well-liked by many in the fan community for some of her decisions, but Vernon Presley loved her enough to ask her to marry him.

No human being is perfect. May she R.I.P.

Very humanely put.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:47 pm

Ok i did not say this yesterday, i gave it a day so nobody would cry about it and come to her defence, but i really don't give a smt172 after the horrible lies she said about Elvis on Geraldo, back in i think 1980 or so, and JD, Joe E, and many other friends of Elvis, including Geraldo and the entire audience went off on her. When i saw and heard the lieing sh*t that came out of her mouth about Elvis, i wish i could have been there to spit in her face.The worst thing she said was that Vernon told her that Elvis had sex with his Mother, now that was f'ing it for me ever giving that skank a break, good riddance. :smt097

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Here's a link to the death notice, as published in the Tennessean.

Kinda freaky to see the name "Vernon Presley" in an obit, all these years later.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tennes ... bLoggedOut

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:45 pm

I thought she was dead! i don't really care about her..

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 pm

elvisjock wrote:Here's a link to the death notice, as published in the Tennessean.

Kinda freaky to see the name "Vernon Presley" in an obit, all these years later.

At least it doesn't mention something like "...and beloved step-mother of..."

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:34 am

SUN-RCA wrote:Ok i did not say this yesterday, i gave it a day so nobody would cry about it and come to her defence, but i really don't give a smt172 after the horrible lies she said about Elvis on Geraldo, back in i think 1980 or so, and JD, Joe E, and many other friends of Elvis, including Geraldo and the entire audience went off on her. When i saw and heard the lieing sh*t that came out of her mouth about Elvis, i wish i could have been there to spit in her face.The worst thing she said was that Vernon told her that Elvis had sex with his Mother, now that was f'ing it for me ever giving that skank a break, good riddance. :smt097

Thanks.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:Ok i did not say this yesterday, i gave it a day so nobody would cry about it and come to her defence, but i really don't give a smt172 after the horrible lies she said about Elvis on Geraldo, back in i think 1980 or so, and JD, Joe E, and many other friends of Elvis, including Geraldo and the entire audience went off on her. When i saw and heard the lieing sh*t that came out of her mouth about Elvis, i wish i could have been there to spit in her face.The worst thing she said was that Vernon told her that Elvis had sex with his Mother, now that was f'ing it for me ever giving that skank a break, good riddance. :smt097

Thanks.

You're very welcome. :wink:

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:03 am

Garfield wrote:
elvisjock wrote:Here's a link to the death notice, as published in the Tennessean.

At least it doesn't mention something like "...and beloved step-mother of..."

"A stepson, Elvis A. Presley of Memphis, Tennessee, predeceased her."

Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:06 am

SUN-RCA wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thanks.

Hope you are not purposefully trying to stamp your own ticket out of here.

Food for thought.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:28 am

If anyone does not agree with you Doc, are you going to make sure that they get a one way ticket?

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:23 am

Fairchild1171 wrote:If anyone does not agree with you Doc, are you going to make sure that they get a one way ticket?

While the Doc can clarify this for himself, of course, if he so wishes, I would like to offer my more extended perspective. I guess he meant that it's just a very, very blunt, frank post in regard to an immediate death. Which means that *others who have lost someone* (particularly those of us who've lost our mothers) might find it "out-on-a-limb." Or perhaps unnerving at such a time.

Was it out-of-line? Everyone has to decide that for themselves. Someone told me about it when it happened. I said "my condolences" and then went right on to the actual conversation. The less said, the better, I felt. This was bolder. Kind of "where the brave do not go." {wink}

George Will did it infamously with John Lennon, Mike Royko with Elvis. (And although I can't find it, Steve Allen wrote a nasty obit of Elvis. When Allen died from injuries sustained in a minor traffic accident, I wasn't tore up. But the less said, the better. I would have plenty of time to kick him around later. {I had a Web site, then -- rather like a blog today, but I didn't touch it. Because I did detest him in life.})

Will and Royko risked alienating their readers to a very dangerous degree with those obits. I never read Royko again. He "stamped his ticket out" with me, and many other readers. But it was what he felt, and he published it. And he did understand the consequences. (Will's audience was a bit different.)

I've seen a number of writings about public figures like that, and it's always a walk on the wild side.

She wasn't a very nice person, but she was a mom. And she wasn't Pol Pot, either. Not even Albert Goldman, because she wasn't taken seriously at all.

She was what she was: everyone's lunatic step-mom, if they have one. But that's all. My condolences to her family. And may she rest peacefully.

Her sons loved her, even if few others did. And this is a very difficult time for them.

They feel this way, no matter what anyone else may feel:

phpBB [video]

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4
Last edited by rjm on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:50 am

Condolences to the Stanley brothers

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:21 am

rjm wrote:
Fairchild1171 wrote:If anyone does not agree with you Doc, are you going to make sure that they get a one way ticket?

I guess he meant that it's just a very, very blunt, frank post in regard to an immediate death.

Her sons loved her, even if few others did. And this is a very difficult time for them.

I think drjohncarpenter can answer his own questions. There is no need for you to do this. Even though you seem to fully agree with just about everything he states ...

And this topic is not about her sons, or is it?
It's extremely unlikely the sons are even aware of this board. So what's the point that her sons apparently loved her?

What's even worse than someone being blunt about another person's death, are people who keep shoving their own personal opinions down other people's throats.
And to threaten with a "ticket out of here" for someone who is not a moderator (or is he?) is also pretty 'blunt' if you ask me.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:
rjm wrote:

I guess he meant that it's just a very, very blunt, frank post in regard to an immediate death.

I think drjohncarpenter can answer his own questions. There is no need for you to do this. Even though you seem to fully agree with just about everything he states ...

It's extremely unlikely the sons are even aware of this board. So what's the point that her sons apparently loved her?

What's even worse than someone being blunt about another person's death, are people who keep shoving their own personal opinions down other people's throats.
And to threaten with a "ticket out of here" for someone who is not a moderator (or is he?) is also pretty 'blunt' if you ask me.

It reads like rjm is just excercising a skill called Taking The High Road. Not everyone has it. Doesn't matter what any of our opinions are about Dee Stanley. She still had loved ones that cared for her so it's ALWAYS about the family. In this case her sons and grandchildren who are feeling a loss, which 'makes it about her sons' yes indeed it does.
Christ are people serious defending their right to spit on her grave before she's even in the ground? There's alot of people that didn't like her and for good reason, but most of us in Elvis world (that I've seen on various sites) are cut from the same cloth as rjm. The attitude seems to be "she's gone now and can do no harm, so now we just offer condolences to the family left behind". That's what we humans do, we offer condolences, then move along....or we say nothing.

I know, I know, free speech. Knock yourselves out knocking a dead person. Fine, but it's not for me.

My condolences to the family

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:04 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thanks.

Hope you are not purposefully trying to stamp your own ticket out of here.

Food for thought.

For what, for speaking my true feelings about her, did you see that talk show.:?

1Sixstring wrote:
Bob-Holland wrote:
rjm wrote:

It reads like rjm is just excercising a skill called Taking The High Road. Not everyone has it. Doesn't matter what any of our opinions are about Dee Stanley. She still had loved ones that cared for her so it's ALWAYS about the family. In this case her sons and grandchildren who are feeling a loss, which 'makes it about her sons' yes indeed it does.
Christ are people serious defending their right to spit on her grave before she's even in the ground? There's alot of people that didn't like her and for good reason, but most of us in Elvis world (that I've seen on various sites) are cut from the same cloth as rjm. The attitude seems to be "she's gone now and can do no harm, so now we just offer condolences to the family left behind". That's what we humans do, we offer condolences, then move along....or we say nothing.

I know, I know, free speech. Knock yourselves out knocking a dead person. Fine, but it's not for me.

Please read carefully next time before you state something that is wrong, i did not say i would spit on her grave, i said, i wish i could have been there to spit in her face. because of the horrible lies she was saying about Elvis, at the time for the world to hear and see on National Television, saying that Elvis and his Beloved Mother had a sexual relationship, sorry but that is the most hateful thing i have ever heard said about Elvis and his Mother, where do you think that rumor got started from, and also written in her Book called "The Intimate Life and Death of Elvis"

Why don't some of you D.S. defenders go and do some research about that particular one episode, so you can see it for yourselves, and then get back to me, and let me know how you feel about her then. Try looking for it on Youtube, maybe you can find it, i've tried, but unfortunately its not under Geraldo, but that one show could be under any named title.

I am amazed at the Dee Stanley defenders on here, i can see i am the only one that has the nerve to stand up for Elvis. Maybe if any of you witnessed that talk show, and not just heard or read about it in her book, maybe you just might be singing a different tune. :roll:

This will be my last statement on this topic, "unless i am attacked personally of course", until someone finds that show, and can post it here, so i can read how you can defend her then, she was an Evil person as far as i can see, after the evil things she said and wrote about Elvis, but i can see that some of you are blind towards that. And just because she died, does not mean that everyone has to be nice about it, evil people die everyday, do you defend them also, just because they died, forgive and forget, never, and i can live my life just fine feeling that way about Evil people.

PS, Just 2 more very important last statements:

# 1: How do think Elvis would have felt about a what Dee said about him and his Beloved Mother.

# 2: Whenever i see any posts about Dee in the future, i am going to say the exact same things.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:23 pm

1Sixstring wrote:It reads like rjm is just exercising a skill called Taking The High Road. Not everyone has it. Doesn't matter what any of our opinions are about Dee Stanley. She still had loved ones that cared for her so it's ALWAYS about the family. In this case her sons and grandchildren who are feeling a loss, which 'makes it about her sons' yes indeed it does.

As this topic proves, there is a very pathetic subset of forum members, adults who lack even a modicum of grace, civility or humanity.

I feel sorry for them.

A big thank you to those members on the other side, you know who you are.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 pm

Yes, I could say the same about a few other members...but I shall take the high road. 8)

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:49 pm

As stated some of the things that Dee Stanley said about Elvis were disgusting and she should have been ashamed of herself but everybody knew she was talking rubbish so I don't see the point of feeling hatred for her,it just shows what sort of a person she was and as I am to her,she was nothing to me.But as already said,she is dead so I think we should show respect for that even if she didn't in life didn't show that to Elvis.
I'm not in any way defending her( I wouldn't and couldn't) but it must have changed her opinion of ELVIS when she found out how Elvis really thought of her,I bet she as hopping mad!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:06 am

Two things. First, who would have thought that Dee Stanley would have outlived Elvis by nearly 40 years.

Secondly, does any group of (some) fans get more offended vicariously, than those of Elvis.