Off Topic Messages

Elvis impersonator opens for Neil Young

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:37 pm

Elvis impersonator StingRay opens for Neil Young and Jackson Browne at the Ocean Elders benefit dinner at New York's City Winery:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... g-20130924

he came equipped with a blue jumpsuit ("to match the color of the ocean") complete with a cape and rhinestones. He resembled Blue Hawaii-era Elvis...

Elvis wore a rhinestone studded blue jumpsuit and cape in Blue Hawaii?

Re: Elvis impersonator opens for Neil Young

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:19 am

Maybe the reviewer meant Aloha From Hawaii.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:42 am

The person who wrote the article obviously needs to do his homework.

As for the Elvis impersonator StingRay, he looks like the typical cringe-worthy ones we are used to seeing but his voice is pretty good.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:11 am

Elvis' impersonators creep me out, it makes me sick when i search for Elvis' photos in the net and the impersonators photos pop out as if they were the real Elvis!

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:19 am

This proves how desensitization is such a worry.

Honestly, as fans, in my opinion, if we don't object to this type of use of Elvis' image, an impersonator will end up being accepted as Elvis.

Awful.

Where is the respect from a fellow musician?

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:26 am

Mountain Misst wrote:This proves how desensitization is such a worry.

Honestly, as fans, in my opinion, if we don't object to this type of use of Elvis' image, an impersonator will end up being accepted as Elvis.

Awful.

Where is the respect from a fellow musician?

I totally agree. Sadly, that image of Elvis is embedded in a lot of people's minds. One of my co-workers went to Vegas for some conference and when she came back she showed me pictures of her with some fat Elvis impersonator who was roaming the streets. She thought it was SO funny.

I thought it was odd that Neil Young would have an ETA open for him. (I'm hoping that he had nothing to do with it.) I'm assuming that having an ETA open for him was supposed to be a joke? :?

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:43 am

Hi, InHeritTheWind,

It is pretty bad taste. If I was a fan of Neal Young's enough to attend a concert, I wouldn't attend.