Off Topic Messages

Lisa-Marie performing in the Jungle Room

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Lisa Presley singing in the Jungle Room for the first time making history.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Lisa-Marie performing in the Jungle Room

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Saw Lisa perform on the talk show "The Talk" a couple of weeks ago and she, of course, looked wooden and sounded horrible and she used that stupid little tambourine. She was making the weirdest faces while she sang! If she really wants to be taken seriously as a singer/songwriter, maybe she should learn to play the guitar. At least it would give her the appearance of cred and it would give her something to do with her hands instead of constantly motioning the sound guy to raise and lower her playback earphones and using that stupid little tambourine.

BTW, she used a gold microphone! There are only a handful of singers worthy of a gold microphone (like her father) but she ain't one of them.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 pm

I agree mate I'm no fan of her music also, This was filmed for a Yahoo podcast next month followed with an interview in Graceland.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 pm

I know this is off-topic but, is she still linked to those scientologists ?

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:24 pm

eligain wrote:Saw Lisa perform on the talk show "The Talk" a couple of weeks ago and she, of course, looked wooden and sounded horrible and she used that stupid little tambourine. She was making the weirdest faces while she sang! If she really wants to be taken seriously as a singer/songwriter, maybe she should learn to play the guitar. At least it would give her the appearance of cred and it would give her something to do with her hands instead of constantly motioning the sound guy to raise and lower her playback earphones and using that stupid little tambourine.

BTW, she used a gold microphone! There are only a handful of singers worthy of a gold microphone (like her father) but she ain't one of them.

Why is this post so unnecessarily hostile?

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:28 pm

eligain wrote:Saw Lisa perform on the talk show "The Talk" a couple of weeks ago and she, of course, looked wooden and sounded horrible and she used that stupid little tambourine. She was making the weirdest faces while she sang! If she really wants to be taken seriously as a singer/songwriter, maybe she should learn to play the guitar. At least it would give her the appearance of cred and it would give her something to do with her hands instead of constantly motioning the sound guy to raise and lower her playback earphones and using that stupid little tambourine.

Maybe she should go back to driving a truck.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:07 am

I have to admit that I have put Lisa on the back burner since 2003, after we saw and met her 4 times, and now after seeing this post, i decided to listen to her first CD again, and this is just a small part of my story of meeting her.

My family and I saw her 4 times on her very first tour, the first show we saw was at her very first show In Boston, at The Fleet Pavillion in 2003, and met with her each time backstage at her meet and greets, she was very nice to us, and played with our 2 kids while we talked. She signed 2 of her first CD's, and 7 different Elvis CD's for us. She is so tiny in height, and looks so much like Elvis.

We all had our pictures taken together, and we took about 20 photos of all of us with Lisa, we have a few hanging on our wall in the den, she was a knockout up close face to face, I actually came away having a bit of a crush on her after those 4 meetings, sounds silly I know, but she does have a magnetism about her for sure, but you would have to meet her to really feel that.

She and the Band actually put on 4 great shows that we saw, we enjoyed them very much, we liked her first Cd so much after seeing the shows, we bought 2 more, just to have, and we played that first CD alot. But that was 10 years ago, and we have sort of lost interest In her, but after talking about this now, I have been listening to her first Cd while writing this, and now I realize how much i do like her Music, especially the songs about Elvis, like "Lights out" and "Nobody Noticed It"

So i have decided after 10 years to go out and buy her other CD's, after all she is my/our Idol Elvis only kid, :wink:
Last edited by SUN-RCA on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:15 am

ELVIS-PRESLEY_1969-VEGAS wrote:Lisa Presley singing in the Jungle Room for the first time making history.

How cool.

Right on, LMFP!

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:16 am

Justin wrote:

Some fans have some very peculiar, misplaced jealousies. You see when the subject is Lisa, or her mom, or Ginger Alden, or others.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:14 am

Did she sing »Feelings»?

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:34 am

There are similar, vitriolic comments on Facebook. One woman bitches that Lisa has the nerve to charge $300 for a meet-and-greet, on top of the concert ticket prices. The concert was free. The post-show event at Graceland was for charity.

She has never made a negative public comment about her father. With Michael Lockwood and their twins, she seems more grounded then she's ever been. She'll never experience a fraction of the success that Elvis enjoyed, but perhaps she takes pride in writing her own songs - a talent not possessed by her Dad.

I don't understand the animosity.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:42 am

Mister Mike wrote:Did she sing »Feelings»?

...in a policemans outfit.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:53 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Justin wrote:

Some fans have some very peculiar, misplaced jealousies. You see when the subject is Lisa, or her mom, or Ginger Alden, or others.

I have no jealousy just commenting on her as an artist. Just because she is Elvis' daughter she is untouchable to critique her talent? To my ears she can't sing and she is very awkward on stage. If she was really serious about her craft, she would work to hone it. As it is, she appears to be a rich girl playing at being a rock star.

I think it's pretentious for her to use a gold microphone.

The interesting thing is, I was watching her with a roomful of teenage girls and they were tearing her apart for her singing and weird stage presence and they don't even know who she is.

PS. I don't begrudge her from singing in the den (jungle room). After all, it is her house!

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:08 am

elvisjock wrote:There are similar, vitriolic comments on Facebook. One woman bitches that Lisa has the nerve to charge $300 for a meet-and-greet, on top of the concert ticket prices. The concert was free. The post-show event at Graceland was for charity.

She has never made a negative public comment about her father. With Michael Lockwood and their twins, she seems more grounded then she's ever been. She'll never experience a fraction of the success that Elvis enjoyed, but perhaps she takes pride in writing her own songs - a talent not possessed by her Dad.

No animosity, just commenting on her talent or lack thereof. I don't care how nice of a person she is or how grounded and I think it's great that she has never said a bad word about her Dad but that doesn't have anything to do with her singing.

I would bitch at her charging any amount for a meet and greet unless it goes to charity but I will bitch about any artist charging for a meet and greet. When she came to Denver 2 times she charged (i think) $190 for the meet and greet and it didn't mention anything about it going to charity.

I'm sorry but I don't buy that she writes her own songs. She may come up with some of the words and the idea but then her producer and actual song writers put the songs the together. The same goes for performers like Miley Cyrus and even Madonna

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:26 am

elvisjock wrote:There are similar, vitriolic comments on Facebook. One woman bitches that Lisa has the nerve to charge $300 for a meet-and-greet, on top of the concert ticket prices. The concert was free. The post-show event at Graceland was for charity.

think that meet n greet was $500 in the car museum across from Graceland

UPDATED; ok, just noticed they dropped the price down by 200 bucks :/
Last edited by elvis56 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:36 am

another little known of performance happened here in London on the 12 May 2003 - invited guest only & her 1st ever performance here

http://www.hellomagazine.com/music/2003 ... iepresley/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by elvis56 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:56 am

she also played another very small intimate secret gig to about 200 people in the Sheperds Bush area in London on 4 Oct 2012 which was announced on facebook & tickets sales available 7 days b4 the show, to promote the latest album - can't say i liked the album too much but i had to go along, as yes she is Elvis's daughter.

i think those are the only 2 shows she's ever done in the UK

that night she did put on a really good show (i was impressed) & live was much better than the cd fa sure, she also was a lot more friendly & playful with the audience than i'd of ever imagined - security was ridiculously OTT & u couldn't even pull a phone camera outta ya pocket without getting a warning of being removed from the building-Madness

Agreed she is very tiny & it was something of a surreal night tbh

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -cold.html

Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:04 am

I forgot how much i really liked this Video, I must have played this song and video a couple of hundred times back in 2003, I have been an ass for 10 years for what reasons i really can't say, in my losing interest in her, I think the girl can sing well, and as of today my interest In Lisa Marie has been Rekindled. 8)

phpBB [video]

Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:51 am

SUN-RCA wrote:I forgot how much i really liked this Video, I must have played this song and video a couple of hundred times back in 2003, I have been an ass for 10 years for what reasons i really can't say, in my losing interest in her, I think the girl can sing well, and as of today my interest In Lisa Marie has been Rekindled. 8)

phpBB [video]

It's called "Auto-Tune".

I saw her when she was promoting her first record when she came to Denver. Her performance was horrendous. She doesn't sound bad in that video and it's a good video but that's pretty much where it ends.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:08 am

Lisa is a great entertainer.

Eligain,

Just so you haven't forgotten I still want my question about Scotty Moore answered.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:33 am

Screenshot_2013-09-23-21-36-15.png

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:47 am

He got to play Elvis' 1956 Gibson J-200! Wow, that IS an honor.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:He got to play Elvis' 1956 Gibson J-200! Wow, that IS an honor.

Wow, that's a shame.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:53 am

brian wrote:Lisa is a great entertainer.

Eligain,

Just so you haven't forgotten I still want my question about Scotty Moore answered.

What question is that? I must have missed it.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:57 am

eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:He got to play Elvis' 1956 Gibson J-200! Wow, that IS an honor.

Wow, that's a shame.

No, what would be a shame is if Lisa took Elvis' 1956 Gibson J-200 and smashed it over the head of one of those "fans" who posts vitriolic comments on the internet.

Wait, maybe that wouldn't be so bad. ;-)