Off Topic Messages

Which came first the chicken or the egg

Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:02 am

.
Last edited by mike edwards66 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:05 am

Elvis knew what Tom was up to -- and he loved him.

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:44 am

Who does he remind you of? I don't get it.

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:50 am

.
Last edited by mike edwards66 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:51 am

Did you read the first reply to your topic?

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:03 am

.
Last edited by mike edwards66 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:54 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Did you read the first reply to your topic?



Oh yeah, sorry, I hadn't but I have now !



Chicken or the egg?? Obviously Elvis came before Tom. We all know Elvis was an inspiration to Tom, and vice versa in ways, is that your point?

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:13 am

.
Last edited by mike edwards66 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:34 am

Tom's Live Vegas album from early 1969 DEFINITELY inspired Elvis' live show when he kicked off in July.

The banter, the band intro's, the crescendo endings, the yesterday/hey jude medley etc

It's a fine album!

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:04 pm

.
Last edited by mike edwards66 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Tom's Live Vegas album from early 1969 DEFINITELY inspired Elvis' live show when he kicked off in July.

The banter, the band intro's, the crescendo endings, the yesterday/hey jude medley etc

It's a fine album!

Indeed it is

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:05 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
nod3million wrote: Chicken or the egg?? Obviously Elvis came before Tom. We all know Elvis was an inspiration to Tom, and vice versa in ways, is that your point?


My point is, that Elvis and Tom were doing similar stage acts at around the same time. So did Elvis take from Tom or did Tom take from Elvis.


No doubt Tom's Vegas act did influence Elvis' but I do t think just Tom's did. But you are right. I always thought Elvis shouldn't have done the talking bits, the life story bits I mean, they weren't funny, his jokes were silly and the stuttering was silly. Keep to the singing El.

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:05 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
nod3million wrote: Chicken or the egg?? Obviously Elvis came before Tom. We all know Elvis was an inspiration to Tom, and vice versa in ways, is that your point?


My point is, that Elvis and Tom were doing similar stage acts at around the same time. So did Elvis take from Tom or did Tom take from Elvis.


No doubt Tom's Vegas act did influence Elvis' but I do t think just Tom's did. But you are right. I always thought Elvis shouldn't have done the talking bits, the life story bits I mean, they weren't funny, his jokes were silly and the stuttering was silly. Keep to the singing Elvis

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:06 am

.
Last edited by mike edwards66 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:20 am

nod3million wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
nod3million wrote: Chicken or the egg?? Obviously Elvis came before Tom. We all know Elvis was an inspiration to Tom, and vice versa in ways, is that your point?


My point is, that Elvis and Tom were doing similar stage acts at around the same time. So did Elvis take from Tom or did Tom take from Elvis.


No doubt Tom's Vegas act did influence Elvis' but I do t think just Tom's did. But you are right. I always thought Elvis shouldn't have done the talking bits, the life story bits I mean, they weren't funny, his jokes were silly and the stuttering was silly. Keep to the singing El.

Oh, I LOVE the monologues.

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 am

George Smith wrote:
nod3million wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
nod3million wrote: Chicken or the egg?? Obviously Elvis came before Tom. We all know Elvis was an inspiration to Tom, and vice versa in ways, is that your point?


My point is, that Elvis and Tom were doing similar stage acts at around the same time. So did Elvis take from Tom or did Tom take from Elvis.


No doubt Tom's Vegas act did influence Elvis' but I do t think just Tom's did. But you are right. I always thought Elvis shouldn't have done the talking bits, the life story bits I mean, they weren't funny, his jokes were silly and the stuttering was silly. Keep to the singing El.

Oh, I LOVE the monologues.


Me, too.

And "nod3million," what does that mean: "the stuttering was silly"?

Elvis had a stutter; so does my dad. Should stutterers not speak? I mean, if you don't like the monologues, fine - a matter of taste. But what does "the stuttering is stupid" mean, exactly. {confused}

If I got you wrong on this, my apologies.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Re: Which came first the chicken or the egg

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:50 am

Elvis never got booed when telling his life story. He gets applauded for it when he is through talking. Like RJM said, the stutter was there, nothing silly about it.

I am glad Elvis told his life story. Under the many jokes lies a painful truth and he is sharing that with the showroom, the lucky people.