Off Topic Messages

LMP To Do A Free Performance Tonight !!

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Lisa Marie Presley is performing tonight FREE at the Levitt Shell in Memphis! This is the same place where her father first performed on July 30, 1954.

Re: LMP To Do A Free Performance Tonight !!

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:16 pm

This is the best news I've heard in ten years.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:57 pm

brian wrote:This is the best news I've heard in ten years.

smt174 good one brian

Actually my family and I saw her 4 times back in 2003 on her first Tour, and we met with her back stage each time, but we have lost interest in her since, sad but true.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Mike Freeman, Elvis author and former owner of the 1034 Audubon Drive house, posted this detailed review of Lisa Marie's performance on his facebook page:
"I have been asked to write about Lisa Marie Presley’s concert last night at the Levitt (Overton Park) Shell. The Levitt Foundation has offered free show at the renovated Shell for the last five years. Last night’s show drew one of the largest crowds that I have seen here. I knew many people who traveled quite a distance for this opportunity to see Lisa Marie in concert.

By now, everyone familiar with Lisa Marie is aware that she does not do her father’s songs. For most of the show she did songs from her third album, “Storm and Grace. “

These are songs that she either wrote or co-wrote. I would label her music as alternative country, or folk rock or Americana. In fact Lisa Marie performed at the Americana music festival in Nashville the night before. The emphasis is upon the singer, and songwriter. Lisa sings in a soft, rather low voice. Her talented band compliments her, and doesn’t overpower her voice. The sound of her concert is quiet and pleasant.

Before some of the songs she explains why she wrote that song. One she called her angriest song. It was about an “idiot”, an unnamed “ex.” Instead of playing it loud, she said they would play it “Mississippi style.” Michael Lockwood, her husband and band leader, played a steel string guitar with a slide, just like a blues player. He played seven or eight guitars very well.
Between songs Lisa Marie talked to her audience, and sometimes responded to what she heard from the audience with “I love you, too.” She declared that she spent the happiest years of her life here in Memphis, an indirect reference to her father. She expressed her love for Memphis, Mississippi and the South. At one point she joked that she knew she was back in the South when she heard, from her bedroom window, the crickets chirping in the morning.

Lisa Marie looked at stage right and declared that she could not find her family. Another joke, maybe she had scared them away, she said. Then she spotted her Mom and asked to walk on stage. Priscilla stepped forward and waved to the audience. She said that she was proud of her mother for riding through the night with them on the band bus. Finally Lisa Marie spotted her twin daughters. After much coaxing from Mom, and Dad at his microphone the two girls edged close to the stage. This was the first opportunity many in the audience had to see her twins, Finley and Harper Lockwood.

Lisa and her band did two rock songs for their encore. They turned up the volume for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ “I Need to Know.” Then the show was over and off they went surrounded by security."

And from Doc Walker's (Elvis Radio) facebook page, this picture. Beautiful as ever~~~~
LMP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Lisa's band setup in the Jungle Room last night. Yahoo Music will feature it soon.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:22 am

Photos from Saturday's performance....

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:31 am

She's looking good, and her music is nothing to be ashamed of. She respects her father's legacy by avoiding the easy path of covering his songs, and she treats her band and the music with a serious intent.

The members here who so gleefully and immediately post derisive, condescending comments about her musical efforts would also be the first to leap up and kiss her ass from here to eternity if Elvis was alive and reading this forum.

Food for thought.

All the best to LMFP!

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:47 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:She's looking good, and her music is nothing to be ashamed of. She respects her father's legacy by avoiding the easy path of covering his songs, and she treats her band and the music with a serious intent.

The members here who so gleefully and immediately post derisive, condescending comments about her musical efforts would also be the first to leap up and kiss her ass from here to eternity if Elvis was alive and reading this forum.

Food for thought.

All the best to LMFP!

So True Doc, so very true.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:50 am

SUN-RCA wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:She's looking good, and her music is nothing to be ashamed of. She respects her father's legacy by avoiding the easy path of covering his songs, and she treats her band and the music with a serious intent.

Food for thought.

All the best to LMFP!

If so, what's up with this?

SUN-RCA wrote: smt174 good one brian

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:53 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:

Food for thought.

All the best to LMFP!

If so, what's up with this?

SUN-RCA wrote: smt174 good one brian

Truthfully Doc, after 10 years since I saw and met her, I just put her on the back burner, and forgot just how much I really liked her, and I was wrong :oops: