Off Topic Messages

Conway Twitty - Who Did They Think He Was

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:09 pm

No disrespect for our man... love that song!

phpBB [video]

Re: Conway Twitty - Who Did They Think He Was

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:12 pm

He wasn't disrespecting anybody. Everyone knows that Conway loved Elvis. It's all about priorities.

I have seen more than one standing ovation for this song.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:41 am

Rob wrote:He wasn't disrespecting anybody. Everyone knows that Conway loved Elvis. It's all about priorities.

I have seen more than one standing ovation for this song.

Exactly. That's why I wrote it in the initial post. Could have been that somebody might have misinterpreted it.

I recall hearing the song for the first time in March 1992 and in the first place I was kinda surprised but grew to love it right away.

Who was he anyway? Not a king, just a man.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Love me some Conway!

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:04 pm

We love you Conrad
Oh, yes we do
We love you Conrad
And we'll be true
When you're not near us
We're blue
Oh, Conrad we love you!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:41 am

I have a little Conway story:

When we went to Memphis to see Graceland in 82 we also went to Nashville and one of the stops was to see Twitty City. While his daughter was giving the tour, Conway came out of the house and said hi to all of us. He then got into a AMC Pacer wagon (yes a AMC Pacer) and drove away. His daughter explained that that was his favorite car!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:08 am

Terrific performance. I've always like Conway and his music. Do we have pictures of him and Elvis together?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:33 am

Joe Car wrote:Terrific performance. I've always like Conway and his music. Do we have pictures of him and Elvis together?

I'm afraid not. I don't even recall if there's any evidence the two ever met. Maybe they did?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Conway met Elvis in Las Vegas In August 1971. When they shook hands, Elvis apparently sang the opening lines to "It's Only Make Believe." I have seen interviews with Conway telling this story himself. It's the one and only time the two men ever met.

People see us everywhere........